• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
I actually got physically ill from the plethora of ***posts I've been seeing (and maybe contributing to). i should be rest, but sleep is for the weak, and I am very weak so therefore I should never sleep. that's how that works, right?

that sounds like an excuse, ech. here's to it that you write like a normal person if I don't give those five slots to Elwood's character and all of her "characters"

Honestly, I'd be overwhelmingly glad to have Carcol in the cast, just to see what you do with him. other than undress him please don't do that Just a warning, though: to a few of the judges, I can easily see him becoming a laughingstock.

Gay.

Hah, I can just imagine the RP exclusively being Elwood's character taking on different personas and talking to herself as her dead dad. That actually reminds me of the somewhat disturbing Bloody Board back then, this cute little forum dedicated to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I hated that show, but digression aside, about 100% of the posts and threads were made by a single person and this single person made almost 40,000 posts. So if you were a lurker who wanted to sign up just to ***post and troll, you'd most likely be deterred by this lovely sight

33088.jpg

I don't really see Bloody Board and Pokecommunity being too different tho

Funny story, I actually thought about drawing Carcol stark naked in the style of a greek God, exclusive for that unnecessary title banner.

I just quoted that last part for fun.

From GM To Buizel Lover57 said:
Bruh, the dancing is awesome! Really sets her apart from the competition and I,

2uRUgL4.png

Thank you so much!! I used the natures from the second characteristic list, is that not okay or are they supplementary or something? If they are, no problem, I'll fix it. By the way, for the, "The app will not be pretty" I was referring to the CSS, I can't do that stuff for the life of me >_<

Hey, man. Since GM clearly said my CSS was impeccably divine, I could give you one of my special "definitely-not-phallic" templates along with dank MS Paint art, all for the amazingly low price of 0.42 cents. Call in now! Call in later! Colin Farrell! Colin Mochrie! i just used a jontron joke, oh noooo

Jauntier-Senpai said:
*sexy whisper into ear*

Elwood-Chan said:
wah, wat r we gonna do on the bed pomf

Are we escalating to something magical here? Uuuuhhh...

c44ada7823cde5dc62ff8d43dadf9053.jpg

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'll shift through the trash you Cornered creeps dragged through here later.

NO, DJOBI, NO, YOU HAVEN'T FINIIIIISHED Oh, the woe
If, by chance, in a gloriously miraculous moment, Djobi appears in the remaining fifteen minutes with a completed writing sample to round off his application, I'll have to make a tough cut. Unfortunately... I might've just jinxed that.

The finalized cast will be officially announced for formality's sake in a few minutes and the OP properly edited after that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
I'll shift through the trash you Cornered creeps dragged through here later.

NO, DJOBI, NO, YOU HAVEN'T FINIIIIISHED Oh, the woe
If, by chance, in a gloriously miraculous moment, Djobi appears in the remaining fifteen minutes with a completed writing sample to round off his application, I'll have to make a tough cut. Unfortunately... I might've just jinxed that.

The finalized cast will be officially announced for formality's sake in a few minutes and the OP properly edited after that.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! *cue Darth Vader scream*

Damn it Dosclosed, you said Friday, not noon on Friday, I'm at work currently, so I guess I'm out of luck. Darn it.

Any chance you give me til midnight? Lol, please?

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Damn it Dosclosed, you said Friday, not noon on Friday, I'm at work currently, so I guess I'm out of luck. Darn it.
I'd also like to take the time to remind everyone that I've quoted of the deadline once more: tomorrow (June 10th) at 3:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time!
AKA what I quoted you with yesterday afternoon (est). About 24 hours from the established deadline. Get rek'd.

But I guess your request for an extension isn't too bad. It's pandering, yes, but I do really like Kenji and your app is almost finished. Not to mention it might give some onlookers a little bit more time to get something together and mmm, competition. Tough decisions, yes.

Deadline officially ends today, 12:00 am, automatically. The next day, the official cast will be announced!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years

AKA what I quoted you with yesterday afternoon (est). About 24 hours from the established deadline. Get rek'd.

But I guess your request for an extension isn't too bad. It's pandering, yes, but I do really like Kenji and your app is almost finished. Not to mention it might give some onlookers a little bit more time to get something together and mmm, competition. Tough decisions, yes.

Deadline officially ends today, 12:00 am, automatically. The next day, the official cast will be announced!

Agh no the suspense is killing me!!!

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
In case y'all couldn't tell, I hereby back out of trying out for this thing. I decided not to try out, might be a strain on my RP workload. Plus, other people wanna shot, so yeah.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Also, Elwood's appeal is quite literally Spooky Scary Skeletons. Please ban him. I at least took the time to make my kid beat up his dog.
I'll ban you for talk of sabotage and molestation, you hoe. Keep your secret covets of ill will to the Skype chats.
Jauntier said:
The Aloa region has a Rotom-powered Holo Caster that players are going to be using, from what I saw of the trailers.
Pokedex*, scumlord.

Holo Caster was only implemented to make the 3D feature relevant. I don't remember it having a function outside of cut-scenes either, unlike the X-Transceiver.

I actually got physically ill from the plethora of ***posts I've been seeing (and maybe contributing to).

Hah, I can just imagine the RP exclusively being Elwood's character taking on different personas and talking to herself as her dead dad. That actually reminds me of the somewhat disturbing Bloody Board back then, this cute little forum dedicated to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I hated that show, but digression aside, about 100% of the posts and threads were made by a single person and this single person made almost 40,000 posts.
we killed ech +achievement

What if someone made an RP where applicants played the different personas of a common character?

That's hysterical, about the Buffy board, and reminds me a similar situation I had on a sub-forum for this one Warriors Cats RP site dedicated to Pokemon role-playing. There was no real quality control so this Minecraft guy and his FNAF-loving pal made at least twenty "private" threads of them just going back and forth like:

"walks to Pokemon Center"

"follows, but not happily" (OOC: what a tsundere XD)

"continues walking and goes inside" (OOC: lol)

Ech said:
Funny story, I actually thought about drawing Carcol stark naked in the style of a greek God, exclusive for that unnecessary title banner.
200_s.gif

In case y'all couldn't tell, I hereby back out of trying out for this thing. I decided not to try out, might be a strain on my RP workload. Plus, other people wanna shot, so yeah.
Adios, amigo

True, though. You don't want to strain yourself. Good luck with all else you're in!

Agh no the suspense is killing me!!!
I'm sorry! But I must make a choice!

As for natures, they should be paired with a characteristic. That part of the app is basically a highly watered-down equivalent to the coordaintors' more thorough personality sections.

Don't even bother with CSS unless it's as good as mine
> bordered clefairy image with border
> image of clefairy on an image of a clefairy with a border

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
There needs to be a highly-functioning joke RP where I can put a picture of my guy over a picture of my guy on a cutaway of my guy, and my background is a tiled vignette of my guy.

If only to prove a point that my guy is excessively self-centered.

Also, when the Cornered underlings track their muddy little paws through this role-play. I love it. We're a cult.

Keep your secret covets of ill will to the Skype chats.

Don't you mean "Cornered" chat, the prevalent misconception that Foxrally has single-handedly spread to at least two other people now?

You know what? No. I'm not going to make IIS' OOC one of those "haha look we're the in-group with the GM; we are all in the same rps" situations before I inadvertently (and effectively and charismatic-ly) alienate other players.

You know, the players I would have known by now if you didn't extend your deadline. I worked all day and came home to check and see who my new teammates would be, only to get nothing. I rushed my din-din for nothing.

Pokedex*, scumlord.

Holo Caster was only implemented to make the 3D feature relevant. I don't remember it having a function outside of cut-scenes either, unlike the X-Transceiver.

The Pokedex is in the trailer is literally shaped like the Holo Caster. Literally.

Yeah, there is no function outside of that. You can only go back and revisit these recorded video messages on the Holo Caster, but who would do that when the game leads you by the hand by making it painfully obvious what the next conflict is and where you need to go. Literally your four other "friends" happen to also be convenient, persistent road blocks telling you what to do.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Hey, man. Since GM clearly said my CSS was impeccably divine, I could give you one of my special "definitely-not-phallic" templates along with dank MS Paint art, all for the amazingly low price of 0.42 cents. Call in now! Call in later! Colin Farrell! Colin Mochrie! i just used a jontron joke, oh noooo

You should actually do that I will pay you 0.42 cents, in fact I already did omg im so magical you can check your wallet and 0.42 cents will be in there!! Too bad we don't have any form of money to represent that <_<

For real though would you actually do that? I would appreciate it so much if you did!!

As for natures, they should be paired with a characteristic. That part of the app is basically a highly watered-down equivalent to the coordaintors' more thorough personality sections.

Don't even bother with CSS unless it's as good as mine
> bordered clefairy image with border
> image of clefairy on an image of a clefairy with a border

Dw I fixed it. About those though choices.......... Maybe like you should like just accept me automatically to make the choice less hard {:3}

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018

I didn't check anything on my computer yesterday Mexico vs Jamaica and what not, my life stops when there's a game on. Anyways, you are a goshdarned Goddess!

I hope you like my writing sample because it'll be real awkward if I paused all this for nothing o_O

And here it is! ^^

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
SHUT UP YOU TWO, I'M ABOUT TO MAKE A PERTINENT DECISION
I didn't check anything on my computer yesterday Mexico vs Jamaica and what not, my life stops when there's a game on. Anyways, you are a goshdarned Goddess!

I hope you like my writing sample because it'll be real awkward if I paused all this for nothing o_O
...it's okay.

I'm kidding, sports nerds.

So of course your appeal is very Japanese. We've got tea and masks and gohs and and nohs and yohs. That was a very Tough thing that Tyrogue did, knocking that famous Aggron out. I get a sort of olden-day rawness from it; don't think knocking out a Pokemon on-stage will make the same impression during the IIS as it did on the audience and judges twenty years ago. Honestly, I found it a little bizarre you didn't use Gojira for the appeal! Though he lacks the star quality of Panzer, as well as could clearly have come from later in Kenji's career, so it's definitely not anything distracting, just a point of interest. The only other thing that really "weirded me out" at first was how Buakaw just kind of sat there, Bulking Up, and was able to OHKO this huge, hulking Aggron. Then again, that 4x Fighting weakness, regardless of Aggron being very defensive, plus Tyrogue getting swol for however long.

I also just noticed that there have been three Buakaw beforehand. Puts Kenji in the same boat as Soren: I want to hear more about his earlier life, especially his earlier coordination career. This sample gave me a good taste!

But your Pokemon are actually missing two very important things! I need 1.) A nature/characteristic for each and 2.) A second contest category that they are adept in.

It's not enough to convince me to overlook your app, despite how much we've gone through, Djobi, because you can literally just edit both of those in given 2-3 minutes of you being online. (Right?)

anyway here's the cast yay
Ech's Pompadour
Fox's Roastingkid1907
Collector Elwood's Dude Looks Like a Lady (or vise versa)
Ewery 1's Footloose
and Djobi Djoba's Dancing Samurai if edits to his Pokemon are made promptly, otherwise the spot will go to Dud and his character, Rosemary.

My sincere apologies to Dud as well I just... I really like these other characters. I see so much potential fun.

I'll also apologize for that forced wait and my own wishy-washiness when it comes to "accepting" processes, because I really am still new at this.

I'll edit the OP with these confirmed IIS contestants. Djobi's swiftness, or lack thereof, will decide that final slot in no time at all.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
SHUT UP YOU TWO, I'M ABOUT TO MAKE A PERTINENT DECISION

...it's okay.

I'm kidding, sports nerds are awesome and I love it.

So of course your appeal is very Japanese. We've got tea and masks and gohs and and nohs and yohs. That was a very Tough thing that Tyrogue did, knocking that famous Aggron out. I get a sort of olden-day rawness from it; don't think knocking out a Pokemon on-stage will make the same impression during the IIS as it did on the audience and judges twenty years ago. Honestly, I found it a little bizarre you didn't use Gojira for the appeal! Though he lacks the star quality of Panzer, as well as could clearly have come from later in Kenji's career, so it's definitely not anything distracting, just a point of interest. The only other thing that really "weirded me out" at first was how Buakaw just kind of sat there, Bulking Up, and was able to OHKO this huge, hulking Aggron. Then again, that 4x Fighting weakness, regardless of Aggron being very defensive, plus Tyrogue getting swol for however long.

I also just noticed that there have been three Buakaw beforehand. Puts Kenji in the same boat as Soren: I want to hear more about his earlier life, especially his earlier coordination career. This sample gave me a good taste!

But your Pokemon are actually missing two very important things! I need 1.) A nature/characteristic for each and 2.) A second contest category that they are adept in.

I did the thing!

Also, I'm glad you liked that snippet! I rewrote it like three times and always scrapped it because I was focusing too much on building up who Panzer and his trainer were for the sake of adding to his grandeur to the point where one of my drafts included the Panzer's championship fight and getting Will-o-Wisp'd, and another one revisited that appeal from a young kid's POV and he's the one to build the Aggron up, but I wanted to go with something more succinct, and eventually I didn't have all that much time to build him up so I went with a basic "this is what happened", which is weird because now I have this convoluted backstory for an Aggron that is unrelated to my character's.

The Tyrogue in the story is Buakaw III's grandfather though.

Also, for anyone interested in Buakaw's namesake, happy birthday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gloGY3UDZDo, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBdxtFC6p1M

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
ayy dank ass cast the hype is real bois

Don't you mean "Cornered" chat, the prevalent misconception that Foxrally has single-handedly spread to at least two other people now?

It's the chat where they corner you into an alley and provide tough love to your body parts so I'm not far off okay

Now we wait for the IC, I suppose. The pre/post-contest scenes wouldn't require a posting order, right? So we'd technically be able to post whenever we want. Oh, and also - what do most IIS stages look like? Are they circus-like rings where coordinators do their stuff? Stages? Complicated platforms? Or do they vary with each phase of the competition? We must know

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Yeah and also how much commentary does Juan do, what are the rules for hiring people to be like backup dances? Stuff like that. I'm super excited though!!!!

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I did the thing!
Also, I'm glad you liked that snippet! I rewrote it like three times and always scrapped it because I was focusing too much on building up who Panzer and his trainer were for the sake of adding to his grandeur to the point where one of my drafts included the Panzer's championship fight and getting Will-o-Wisp'd, and another one revisited that appeal from a young kid's POV and he's the one to build the Aggron up, but I wanted to go with something more succinct, and eventually I didn't have all that much time to build him up so I went with a basic "this is what happened", which is weird because now I have this convoluted backstory for an Aggron that is unrelated to my character's.
The Tyrogue in the story is Buakaw III's grandfather though.
Also, for anyone interested in Buakaw's namesake, happy birthday:
When you kick a damn tree down

Still no characteristics for Kenji's Pokemon but I can deal for now. Make sure you add them ASAP, though since they're just as required as natures are on the partners' applications. I'll add your character to the OP real soon.

Rofl, I getcha. Something I start writing something and it gets out of hand so I'm just like, "No." The idea of an impressionable little kid looking in on a appeal and being stricken by it is a pretty good idea, though.

THE BUAKAW LINEAGE CONTINUES

There needs to be a highly-functioning joke RP where I can put a picture of my guy over a picture of my guy on a cutaway of my guy, and my background is a tiled vignette of my guy.
You know what? No. I'm not going to make IIS' OOC one of those "haha look we're the in-group with the GM; we are all in the same rps" situations before I inadvertently alienate other players.
You know, the players I would have known by now if you didn't extend your deadline. I worked all day and came home to check and see who my new teammates would be, only to get nothing. I rushed my din-din for nothing.
Yeah, there is no function outside of that. You can only go back and revisit these recorded video messages on the Holo Caster, but who would do that when the game leads you by the hand by making it painfully obvious what the next conflict is and where you need to go. Literally your four other "friends" happen to also be convenient, persistent road blocks telling you what to do.
Enough talk of bad CSS, you're making me feel self-conscious

GOOD. I said earlier I wasn't aiming to be that one GM who only really cares about their Skype friends getting in. Variety is good for you. Don't you dare ruin me, Jaunt

MY PLAN: FLAWLESSLY EXECUTED

X/Y's """"plot"""" and """""characters"""" were nothing. The ORAS characters redesigns felt more alive than the entire Kalos line-up. I shit-talk Unova's story every chance I get but, really, Kalos' was probably worst.

Speaking of (lack of) linearity, imagine a Pokemon game where you could choose the order in which you battled a handful of the gym leaders (still having a few in a set order to prevent imbalance)? I think Kanto sort of did this with Sabrina and Koga, Johto with Jasmine and Pryce? The ability to choose whatever order you take on the Elite Four is another huge step in the right direction.

Now we wait for the IC, I suppose. The pre/post-contest scenes wouldn't require a posting order, right? So we'd technically be able to post whenever we want. Oh, and also - what do most IIS stages look like? Are they circus-like rings where coordinators do their stuff? Stages? Complicated platforms? Or do they vary with each phase of the competition? We must know
Even during the appeal round of a contest your characters can still do whatever off-stage, as long as you keep the posting order in mind and don't, like, go running around the building on a long-winded side mission. And the posting order would be decided OOC. But yeah, posting is very free, we just have to settle on when to end free period days.

The stages vary phase to phase, like you predicted. I actually forgot to incorporate them earlier on but performance spaces are pretty important. Before each contest day, someone will give the coordinators the lowdown on where they're performing, whether it be big or small, has extra enhancements or features, is a closed-in auditorium or even outdoors.

IC thread is something I gotta get working on. Expect it mid next week, guys! I don't want to keep everyone waiting for too long but testing. Tests. And Dust and Cornered and whatever else I'm in/want to join.

Yeah and also how much commentary does Juan do, what are the rules for hiring people to be like backup dances? Stuff like that. I'm super excited though!!!!
Juan most likely won't be giving commentary because I'd rather it be during the appeal and not after the fact which it would have to be, seeing that he's a GM character. No commentary at all might contradict the intro, though. I'll say for now an almost ethereal, nameless MC can be optionally controlled by players to give enthusiastic narration over appeals.

Regarding something like backup dancers, they wouldn't be provided at-the-ready the IIS, but they would definitely be affordable. The coordinator would have to have plans before contest day for something like that. Some of the judges, I'll say, would most likely prefer to see a coordinator and their partner perform rather than a coordinator, their partner and a bunch of extras.

Aaaaah I'm excited too! I have so many plans for this RP and I can't wait to get to the later rounds for challenges and some awesome secret judges!

Last edited:
Years

Miss Corrine is once again accepted! I really like the revisions you've made. I can really get a sense of her Pokemon preference (cute, fat Pokemon, d'awww!). Might I ask what you mean by "animalistic" Pokemon" Just Pokemon that resemble things like cats, dogs, etc? Or does it have to do with "personality", since some Pokemon are known to be rowdier than others?

I mean purely body type. She's good with human-shaped Pokemon, but not things like dogs, cats, dinosaurs, birds, rodents, snakes, fish, etc. (Last time she had a Lapras, but not this time.) She could train a Machoke, for example, but she's much better with chubby humanoids than buff ones. Pokemon like Wigglytuff or Raichu would get a pass because they're cute and fat, however.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Huh, that's interesting. I can definitely see why someone could relate more to a Pokemon that at the very least more resembled them than, say, a cat.

Wigglytuff is too cute to pass up, I'd agree, lol. But so is Lapras. Rest in peas.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
I forgot to add in a silly mugshot for Carcol, but I see you improvised on that detail. Is Carcol going to be exclusively characterized by his flawless hairdo? Not that he would personally mind.

Kalos' was probably worst.

Speaking of (lack of) linearity, imagine a Pokemon game where you could choose the order in which you battled a handful of the gym leaders (still having a few in a set order to prevent imbalance)? I think Kanto sort of did this with Sabrina and Koga, Johto with Jasmine and Pryce? The ability to choose whatever order you take on the Elite Four is another huge step in the right direction.

Huh. That's a gosh darn funny of saying Johto. *shot*

I think the only problem with that level of openness is the excessive amount of variables Game Freak has to go through in order to balance out the Gyms so they're properly scaled with the player. I mean, I imagine they would want to keep the level of conveyance for the game coherent and intact, as not to make a complete mess of the already clumsy plot.

I rather prefer if Game Freak actually had the genuine effort to make the main game challenging and immersive, or at least not so melodramatic and bland that I only beat it to get to the things that prepare me for the meta-game. Everyone and their mothers always beg for the ability to travel between two different regions, but if the general drive of the game is done sloppily than what's the point? At least Unova tried to change things up by making you fight someone that wasn't the champion, tried to relay some thought-provoking ideologies and even had access to a Legendary to oppose you in your quest (though this was ruined by the fact you were practically handed a legendary yourself beforehand...).

On second thought, I decided to retract my comment earlier. Kalos actually sucks giant Electrodes. The Final Boss (not the champion, who also sucked) literally had like four mons. He was reeeeaaallly determined to stop you from foiling his plans by dressing up as a poor man's version of Doctor Octopus.

I'm still hoping S/M has another, hidden rival character that acts as smug as Gary and Silver (I also hope Grass Butt-Owl has Gale Wings and they completely omit those lame Starter Abilities altogether). What is so wrong about having an enemy that's not only competent and tough but also acts condescending towards you? I am so tired of hearing "oh hey, i will try my best but i'm just doing this for fun, you're so much better than me cuz you a messiah lol, i have no character development beyond being nice and supportive, but at least i'm better than ash". These are not obstacles that incite a sense of challenge that invokes motivation and interest. They are just banal stepping stones I have to tediously walk over because the game tells me to. I am literally as immersed in modern Pokemon games as I am when I play soul-sucking mobile games like Candy Crush.

when did this become a place for roasting pokemon games

Pokemon like Wigglytuff or Raichu would get a pass because they're cute and fat, however.

But Goodra is obviously the best when it comes to being plump and cutesy. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar.

Back