• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
  • I think the last novel I really read properly was Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie. I had to do it for a class but it was one of those novels that just gripped me immediately. I ended up buying a short story collection of hers after but I've been too lazy to read it :V

As for TV shows, I just started watching Stranger Things and I'm really enjoying it. I don't really watch tv or read much though. Whoops!

pkmin3033

I've been reading the same book for like a month now; I just don't seem to have the time these days =/

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Been reading a book on ANSI C programming, and 'The Rootkit Arsenal'. My reading is kind of sporadic, I don't typically ready every day.

Years
  • I don't read books as much these days. :\ Lack of time/interest and all. The closest library would be my campus library and I can't check out books from there without being enrolled in courses there for the semester.

I suppose there's the public library downtown, but that's farther and idk if it's worth the trip. Hm.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Half the north of Portugal is being ravaged by wildfires.

In fucking October.

32 confirmed dead.

ng8860357.jpg

Last edited:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i live like less than a half hour away from them lmao
    we cant breathe

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • tbh California is more than four times the size of Portugal

Porto is quite some kilometers away from most of the fires and still there was a stench of smoke in the air. In my hometown, about half an hour from here, most of the woods around were burning. In Braga where my brother lives and works, everything around the city burned down, and he said the air was unbreathable around there

In the centre region, the pine forest near Leiria is mostly gone, which might cause another problem with the breakdown of the sand dunes and such (which was the reason the forest was planted in the 13th century), and in the interior regions there were villages trapped in fire, several highways and regional roads were closed down

There were over 500 fire occurences registered just over the weekend. Five fucking hundred. This can't be natural, and definitely not in October. Almost every summer the entire country burns down. Someone powerful and/or influential is benefitting from all this.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I remember when the California fires just started and people were posting pictures of Disneyland covered in an orange sky.

Bay

Years
  • Luckily the California area I'm in isn't being affected by the wildfires, but there have been several occurrences throughout the years where I don't live too far from it. Feel bad for Portugal now. D=

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back