• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hardest gym leader in XY?

Hardest gym in XY?

• Total voters

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • None of them. All of them were pretty easy. In fact, most of the gym leaders didn't even have Pokemon with four moves on them! I guess I did have some issues with Valerie, though. Tbh, though, none of them were especially difficult. But that's the fault of the EXP share being permanent, I guess.

Years
  • I would say Viola and Grant. When you fight them, you don't really have that many resources and they actually use something that could be called strategy. Viola uses Surskit to counter Fennekin, Grant's Amaura can use annoying Thunder Wave and his Tyrunt bites pretty hard too. After that, you are probably overleveled and have good movesets and items, so Gym Leaders are just pushovers.

Years
  • I'd say Clemont is the hardest since it took a while for me to beat him even though I have never lost against a gym leader in XY.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i just beat this game and genuinely didn't have trouble with any of the gym leaders. i guess i could kind of get behind saying viola because you don't have many resources but idk litleo is Right There on the route next to the town. and if you have froakie or fennekin as your starter, it's fine. even chespin can work bc they gave it rollout. shrug...

Years
  • I never had an issue with any of them @_@ if I lost it was maybe due to an unlucky crit streak, but that's a big if. xy had some of the easiest gyms.

our veteran experience with pokemon games + baby-fied difficulty levels beginning with Gen 6 for the official games made this so. tis why we turn to rom hacks if we want more of a challenge. there's so much untapped potential as to just how challenging Pokemon could be (and i ain't talkin about Double Team/Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave spamming).

Years
    • Seen today
    I can't think of any that were difficult. I remember the ice gym being laughably easy though.

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
    Years
  • Wait so am I the only one who got served by Korrina's Hawlucha? Lmao. Flying Press from that base atk is a huge damage jump at that point in the game.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I didn't have an issue with any of the gym leaders. I thought the Totem Pokémon in USUM caused me more headache...

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Voted Rock for the Tyrunt. Hits hard with 89 base attack and Strong Jaw Bite (and its other moves). Might flinch a paralyzed or -1 Speed Pokemon. Becomes potentially problematic.

Others:
    - Respects Viola's Vivillon at that stage of the game.
    - Gave only one non-Normal/Fighting move (Machoke's Rock Tomb) to Korrina's team. Exploited that with a Ghost-type once. Cannot vote for them.
    - Vaguely recalls Sylveon and Heliolisk holding their own.

Felt easy on the first playthrough with the Experience Share always active. Puts up more of a fight at even levels. Deems none of them notoriously hard, though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I had some trouble with the trainers on Victory Road and the E4 but the Gym Leaders didn't feel all that hard. I did play with a subpar party and used the EXP Share very little.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I just played through Pokémon Y a few days ago. The Rock Gym was pretty much the only one where I sort of struggled, probably due to my team not really having many good moves for Rock-types at that point in the game. Otherwise, the Gyms and Elite 4/Champion were pretty easy.

Back