• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Your Nintendo Switch Year in Review [2022]

Years
  • Most played
    - Legends Arceus
    - Pokemon Violet
    - Rune Factory 5

Played at launch is the above too along with started this year in 2022. Favorite game of the year was Arceus.

Not shocked. I hardly played my switch again this year, sadly.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Most played: Rune Factory 5, Rune Factory 4 Special, and Pokemon Scarlet
    3+ years of play: Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Pokemon Sword
    Trends:
    • Roleplaying: 34%
    • Action: 28%
    • Simulation: 24%
    • Adventure: 6%
    • Platformer: 4%
    • Strategy: 4%

4% for Strategy, despite Fire Emblem at 4th highest this year. Shrugs. Admittedly completed a fast playthrough of that.

Not in the stats: Beat Rune Factory 5 (twice), Rune Factory 4 Special, Scarlet, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Celeste, and Inside this year.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Here are my results for most played games on the Nintendo Switch for this year:

Spoiler:

I am not in the least bit surprised! 😅

Attachments

• MyMostPlayedSwitchGames.png
      MyMostPlayedSwitchGames.png
      211.7 KB · Views: 63

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    1. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
    2. SNES
    3. Ring Fit Adventure lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Most Played: Fall Guys, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler
    Played at Launch: Fall Guys, Chocobo GP, Splatoon 3 Splatfest World Premiere
    3+ Years of Play: Among Us (lol)

and here are the gaming trends percentages

31% Multiplayer
    30% Party
    25% Role-Playing
    9% Adventure
    5% Racing

Blame my still-way-to-large 1-2 year backlog of games

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Most Played:
    1. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (92h)
    2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (72h)
    3. Pokémon Scarlet (47h)

I imagine if I actually pick Scarlet up again to finish it, it could get past Fire Emblem (which I spent all that time on just one file? I might be bad at Fire Emblem), but I burn out really quickly on open world games and I think getting two Pokémon ones in a year burned me out on Scarlet even faster. u_u But I suppose we'll see, lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Most Played
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 179hrs
    Pokémon Scarlet - 61hrs
    Pokémon Legends: Arceus - 47hrs

no i didnt beat PLA
    yes im still playing Scarlet but have not finished
    dont talk to me about that acnh stat

Years
  • Most played:
    Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster
    Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
    Digimon Survive

Yeah, I dived deep in Monster Taming genre. It's a little bit sad that I enjoyed all these games more than Pokémon Shield or Violet I've played this year. Also for some reason, Nintendo reccomends me to play multiplayer-only game, despite me not playing a single one on Switch.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Most Played:
    1. FIFA 21 (194 hours)
    2. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (134 hours)
    3. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (109 hours)

I still play FIFA far too often and have done two playthroughs of PLA. I bought DQB2 a few years ago but hadn't really gotten into it until this year. Can be a very addictive game once you get into it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Most played:
    1) Monster Hunter Rise (177 hours this year)
    2) Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (119 hours)
    3) Pokemon Legends Arceus (100 hours)

Played at Launch:
    -FE 3Hopes
    -PLA
    -Pokemon Violet

3+ years of play:
    -Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
    -Grandia HD Collection
    -Smash Bros Ultimate

I think something is a little borked with it this year though, it says that Pokemon HOME was my most played game in June....

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    I imagine if I actually pick Scarlet up again to finish it, it could get past Fire Emblem (which I spent all that time on just one file? I might be bad at Fire Emblem)
    Probably a case of getting every stat point. Checked times for previous playthroughs:

• Crimson Flower (Hard, Casual, First run): 65:13
    • Verdant Wind (Hard, Casual, New Game+): 81:18
    • Azure Moon (Maddening, Casual, New Game+, first DLC): 91:03
    • Silver Snow (Hard, Casual, New Game+, Low-grind): 27:04

Severely limited things in Explore (no fishing, tea parties, lost items, or pretty much anything requiring activity points) and Battle (quest/required battles and paralogues only) for the Silver Snow playthrough. Said no to qualifying for multiple classes in a tier and skill experience grinding. Chose between Seminar and Rest most of the time. Skipped through some repeated dialogue, also. Cut down on play time significantly, as you can see.

Wound up significantly less powerful. Compared Petra between the Golden Deer and the quick Silver Snow run before the final map. Differed by 10 levels and a combined 79 stat points. (Accounts for some of that for being in Falcon Knight versus Dancer.) Still won anyways.

I think something is a little borked with it this year though, it says that Pokemon HOME was my most played game in June....

Did you only play a few games that month? Has Kirby (21 hours), the Mario Strikers Demo (35 minutes), and SNES (a little while) all for "Most Played" in June. Displays multiple games for other months too.

Could be an issue with the game also. Remembers Rune Factory 4 Special not showing up for year-end stats last year. May not have even displayed the hours on the console.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Probably a case of getting every stat point. Checked times for previous playthroughs:

• Crimson Flower (Hard, Casual, First run): 65:13
    • Verdant Wind (Hard, Casual, New Game+): 81:18
    • Azure Moon (Maddening, Casual, New Game+, first DLC): 91:03
    • Silver Snow (Hard, Casual, New Game+, Low-grind): 27:04

Severely limited things in Explore (no fishing, tea parties, lost items, or pretty much anything requiring activity points) and Battle (quest/required battles and paralogues only) for the Silver Snow playthrough. Said no to qualifying for multiple classes in a tier and skill experience grinding. Chose between Seminar and Rest most of the time. Skipped through some repeated dialogue, also. Cut down on play time significantly, as you can see.

Wound up significantly less powerful. Compared Petra between the Golden Deer and the quick Silver Snow run before the final map. Differed by 10 levels and a combined 79 stat points. (Accounts for some of that for being in Falcon Knight versus Dancer.) Still won anyways.
    Oh it makes me feel better to see those playtimes haha. It felt weird having such a big playtime for only one route, especially the shortest route, but I guess each one is just long when you're doing most of what's available at a given time.

Not what I would have expected from a game that kind of expects you to do three separate playthroughs to get the story.

Bay

Years
  • Most Played:
    1) Pokemon Legends Arceus
    2) Fire Emblem Warriors: 3 Hopes
    3) Pokemon Scarlet

These were pretty much the only games I played this year lol. Legends Arceus I just need Spiritomb before I can attempt getting Arceus while FE Warriors I want to do Scarlet Blaze and Golden Wildwire routes eventually.

Years
  • Most Played
    1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    2. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    3. Pokemon Scarlet

Gaming Trends
    45% RPGs
    22% Strategy
    17% Action
    13% Adventure
    3% Sports

Yeah, that pretty much checks out. No shocks there. That 3% sports is from early in the year, before everything went to shit, and I was doing daily Ring Fit. Maybe I'll be able to get back to that soon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Did you only play a few games that month? Has Kirby (21 hours), the Mario Strikers Demo (35 minutes), and SNES (a little while) all for "Most Played" in June. Displays multiple games for other months too.

Could be an issue with the game also. Remembers Rune Factory 4 Special not showing up for year-end stats last year. May not have even displayed the hours on the console.
    I can't remember exactly what I was playing in June, but my combined playtime for HOME ever since I got it is just "a little while", while I'm pretty sure I was at least playing PLA if not other games for more than a couple of hours that month.

Oh it makes me feel better to see those playtimes haha. It felt weird having such a big playtime for only one route, especially the shortest route, but I guess each one is just long when you're doing most of what's available at a given time.
    not that you need anyone else here, but while I'd have to check to make sure, your playtimes for Three Houses are not unusual. I'm pretty sure that I spent at least 50+ hours on each route, and probably more for at least two of them

Back