• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you keep the game boxes?

Years
  • For those of you who purchase physical copies of games, do you keep/collect the cases that hold the games? If you hold onto them, how long have you been collecting?

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Heck yes. I have a drawer full of them. If I remember when i get home tonight I'll snap a photo. Been doing so since I got my first video games when I was seven or eight. I mostly keep them because it's easier to store the games and not risk losing them. Easier with like, Wii and DS games though as opposed to Gameboy games where the case it just kinda a paper box. Thankfully, most of the DS cases actually had a Gameboy cartridge holder in them so I use that to store some of the Gameboy games instead, which is another reason why I kept the cases.

Cid

Years
  • I do! They're all crammed in one bag, because I don't have my own display shelf yet. When I do, I will display them. :)

As for how long, I'll be counting the games me and my brother bought for the both of us, so PS2 era would be the earliest.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yes, I keep them on my shelf. That's the whole point of buying physically, you know? Otherwise I'd just do it all digitally because it's actually kind of a pain to get up and switch discs all the time. But I love seeing my games on the shelf.

I get a little sad sometimes when I choose to buy digitally for price reasons, especially my import games, since it means I don't get to see them physically. I often buy digital and then see if I can't snag a hard copy later on down the line, just for shelf purposes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Always have! I think for GBA games I may have thrown them away because they were cardboard, but all the plastic-y cases I also keep on my shelf like books, they're my games' homes. I don't consider myself a collector or anything, I just think it would be messy if I threw the boxes away, because I don't know where I'd keep these tiny cartridges or CDs.

Years
  • I used to keep all of my old video game boxes in a desk drawer in my room. Now, I just keep the new ones I buy in our entertainment center. I like to have them all neatly put away.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
    Years
  • Yeah, i do like to collect them. I like to look at them, and even smell them! I have a bunch of old games boxes in my attic(they are still in a good condition, i hope).

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeah, that's really the reason why I prefer to buy my games physically. o: I adore the art of my favourites ie. the shin megami tensei series.

Years
  • I have cases for my ds lite and 3ds that also hold all my old gba games and my ds/3ds games. Other than that my games are kept in their cases on a shelf below all our DVDs.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i absolutely keep them. i believe i still have some gba boxes but like mentioned above those were harder to keep but i love displaying my games (and thus why i buy physical over digital) and keeping them safe in the box is much better than having them elsewhere.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Of course. All my games are stored on my shelf and usually I put them back when I'm not playing them. I love displaying them and it helps a lot for organization cause otherwise, I lose them and freak out when I cant find the game when I wanna play it.

Years
  • Of course. All my games are stored on my shelf and usually I put them back when I'm not playing them. I love displaying them and it helps a lot for organization cause otherwise, I lose them and freak out when I cant find the game when I wanna play it.

This is me 100%, like at the moment they're stashed away because of my living situation and I'm internally screaming knowing they're not being showed off...

...apart from some of the PS2 ones, where my sister at a young age decided they were her new chew toy and decimated them :<

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • As a youth, I wasn't interested.

But, as an adult it is actually fun to go seek out boxes, and keep them, and have my favourites on display!

I've currently got all 3 Golden Sun Games on display, and have a japanese Golden Sun Lost Age box + game on the way, which'll be up for show too <3

Back