• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5 things you don't know about me

Years
  • This is a post I have done on discord servers and which I think has helped people I've met through pokemon to get to know each other better.
    I will be posting five NON Pokemon related things and anyone else can try and write something about themselves.

1. I have a mixed background. Part Italian part Canadian and my dad moved to Canada from Argentina but it stops being so interesting once you get to my grandparents. I was born in Italy, but when I was about 1 year old I was brought to Canada with my family. My mother technically migrated there and my father is a Canadian brought up by Italian migrants themselves.

-there I tried to make that the least complicated as possible.

2. I have way too many interests. It could just be that I find too many things interesting: dancing, writing, bibliography, videogames, reading, music, medieval history, philology, linguistics, literature, coin collecting (I collect 2euro coins mostly). Sometimes I wish I could be someone who dedicates himself to anyone of those things, as I find my lust for fun and entertainment to be like an impairment at times, a strength at other times.

3. I love pokemon gold competitively. But I am a bit tired of rpg games in general. Something about the nuance in this game is so entertaining. But I have to admit that it gets hard to get into a competitive game when you start at my age (been playing 3 years now) especially since the ladder of gsc is a little barren at times. The thing is I have a wish to get good at what once was my favourite pokemon game. It's the one I attribute an almost spiritual value to. I also like other gens as well. As far as the cartridge games go, I sort of wish that there were a second pokemon gold or crystal (HG&SS don't count) because an old game can get tiring.

4. My big dreams are: one day owning a bookstore and perhaps writing a book (literally any book); contributing to the world's standards of education in some capacity (like becoming a minister of education, for instance); Write some nice songs;

5. If you met me in reall life you will often have to repeat things to me in conversation. It's not that I don't get it... I just wasn't paying attention or something. O hey... that picture frame is crooked.

Edit: I type question marks at the end of non questions at times. You'll only see it if I chat a lot though

Years
  • 1. My immune system is good, in exchange my GI tract is fucked.
    2. I used to play soccer, I was decent enough at it.
    3. I can play piano.
    4. I'm college educated.
    5. I do not own a phone of my own.

The 4th one is because I am disabled & no one ever suspects a disabled person to have any sort of education.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • 1. I lived a big part of my life on the waters on a ship
    2. I have a very very mixed background
    3. I'm partly deaf
    4. I have played every Pokémon game from the main series up till now and some of the side ones. I loved Pokémon ranger and mystery dungeon
    5. I'm working in IT now but there used to be a time where I was studying for dermatology

Years
  • 1. i loathe spontaniety, and would much rather have my whole life planned out than it be filled with nasty surprises here and there.
    2. i'd rather own things than borrow them, as i don't like having a time limit in something i'm using, especially if it's essential to me. also it's tiring to have to remember to return it all the time.
    3. i have a sort of severe dandruff condition that, to this day, i still don't know how to get rid of.
    4. i was a decent badminton and table tennis player in my youth, though i chose not to build on those skills further. physical sports is not my passion.
    5. i can whistle with my mouth either wide open or fully closed. honestly pretty much any position really.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Oo sounds fun :D

1. My role model as a kid was Professor Lupin from the Harry Potter series and he influenced a lot of how I acted.

2. I love people and getting to know their interests/experiences/thoughts but on the other hand, I find it hard to maintain close friends because I also lose the energy to keep up a majority of convos/relationships.

3. If I had to choose a soundtrack for my life, it would be Clocks by Coldplay.

4. I used to get mistaken for being much older online than I actually was but part of the reason I started acting mature for my age around 11/12 was from intuitively picking up on how 'older' people on PC talked. In-person people are always making jokes that I'm a lot younger than I actually am because of how I look!

5. I'm now pursuing a career in law but when I was younger, I used to want to be a clinical psychologist.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • 1. I have very sharp intuition, and I remember people from their habits/mannerisms more than their names or faces.

2. I wrote a horror novel (that I didn't get published) when I 17 and used how I was feelign at the time as a basis.

3. I tier in the top 50-100 in every single Love Live! School Idol Festival event and my account is way over rank 1,000 at this point in time.

4. I won a "Triple C" award when I was in elementary school, but I guess that isn't all that very interesting.

5. Pokemon is my longest lasting interest of fourteen years. But, then again, I'm very loyal, according to some people, so it makes sense.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • 1. My parents have been divorced for about 10+ years and I havent seen my mother for at least 4 years now
    2. I love talking to people, but I am absolute garbo at starting said convos
    3. My memory is inconsistent... some things I can remember for years... others well.. gone in 60 seconds
    4. I HATE things that have to be done in the same day it's requested, especially work-related things.
    5. I have plans to get a tattoo in the near future, though it once was 100% decided to be a Cyber Dragon... now im not that sure anymore lmao

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    1. I have a hard time commiting to something. I'm interested into a lot of things but don't have the endurance to go through with it. So when it comes to hobbies that involve skill I'm mediocre at best.

2. I overanalyze way too much. I can spend literal hours thinking about a single subject while walking in circles. Sometimes I even simulate whole conversations with other people inside my head even though I'm fully aware that those would never play out the same irl.

3. I live a rather low budget life. Even when I get a raise my spending doesn't increase. I'm very bad at handling money in that regard. It just ends up increasing in my bank account.

4. I'd like to own and be able to play the violin. I never learned to play an instrument, but I have a sibling who did and who used to pester me with their piano/clarinet practices.

5. I'm only in the IT industry because I didn't know what else to do back then and now it happenes to be the thing I know the most about. However, I don't like it too much and if I had something I was particularly passionate about I'd drop it in an instant. Kinda goes back to point no. 1.

Years
  • 2. I overanalyze way too much. I can spend literal hours thinking about a single subject while walking in circles. Sometimes I even simulate whole conversations with other people inside my head even though I'm fully aware that those would never play out the same irl.

yoo big same!! esp on the whole "walking in circles" & "simulating convos in my head" part. back when i didn't know any better, i used to do that a lot in public, which naturally creeped out everyone around me. now that i sorta care about my image, i limit myself to just doing that in the living room/bed room (though i think i still talk loud enough that neighbors can hear oof). living room if i wanna walk in circles, bed room if i'm feeling physically lazy that day lol.

so glad to hear about someone else who also does this.

Years
    • Seen today
    1. My first work experience was as a hotel housekeeper
    2. We got our pet cat when I was 8 years old. She's still active and doing well.
    3. I was almost abducted from a public library.
    4. I have an acute sense of perception. My mind sponges everything around me. (conversations, nuances about people, etc).
    5. I love animals, even small creatures such as squirrels.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • 1. I've actually never owned a pet in my life which surprises people.
    2. I wear glasses which apparently surprises people too. I have some eye condition I don't know the name of and there's a possibility I might be colourblind. I don't know if that's true but it's seemed likely?
    3. My favourite game genre is MetroidVania though I haven't played too many? I'm a huge sucker for the DS Castlevania games.
    4. I'm the person who emote spams on Discord. We all know that one person, and for my friends, it's me.
    5. I'm half-Japanese and share a last name with one of my favourite characters. I won't say who for name-leaking reasons but I'd tell weeb friends that as a fun fact.

3. I tier in the top 50-100 in every single Love Live! School Idol Festival event and my account is way over rank 1,000 at this point in time.
    ...You what? That's really impressive. I don't play SIF often, but wow. That's dedication.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • 1. I have a strong distaste of being "normal" or following trends. I think people shouldn't be judgmental of those who are outside of the norm because they aren't in the norm. (I could probably get into a whole rant about this, but I'll just leave it at that.)
    2. I can make my irises "vibrate" for a few seconds. I used to do this when I got really tired, then I figured out how to do it whenever.
    3. If I could play a musical instrument, it would be the drums! I love tapping along to the rhythm of songs.
    4. I'm bad with conversations... I either say absolutely nothing or overshare, there's no in-between.
    5. I hide a lot about myself to others, even my family. A lot of people don't know what I'm interested in.

Years
  • 1. I used to work as a dance instructor and competed myself on top of that.

2. I've published a children's book and I'm currently working on multiple longform comics.

3. I love learning new and interesting things, but I don't enjoy the act of studying at all.

4. I left high school when I was sixteen to go to university instead. It's not as impressive as it sounds, but it's still kinda cool to think about.

5. I despise tedium. Things like menial tasks and smalltalk drive me mad, but I love in-depth conversations or projects I can invest myself in.

Years
  • ♡ 1. ) I'm half Japanese, African American, German, Croatian, Polish, Caucasian and Native American Indian Cherokee.
    I'm quite unique looking to some people then others don't care as much.
    ♡ 2. ) I'm a very Spiritual, intuitive and a empathic individual.
    I'm into Dream work and Taort and I believe in the Paranormal, Spirit Guides and Spirit Animals, Numerology, Zodiac Astrology and any
    other kind of sysmbolism. I had things happen to me my whole life I can't explain that even atutally saved my life at times I needed help from bad situations from the help of the Divine and all I stated above. (if you don't believe in such things it's alright and I fully respect you beliefs. ( however its what I believe in and hope you can respect that, thank you )
    ♡ 3. ) My personality is based of a wolf : I'm very, kind, caring, loving, polite, respectful, Loyal, Funny (tries to be), Strong, Ferice and extremely Protective of my loved one's. I don't use violence only if I extremely have no other choice to protect my loved ones from harm.
    ♡ 4. ) I'm not afraid to speak my mind to people, I keep it 100% real with others and don't sugar coat things. I'm always my true authentic self no matter what, you either like me or you don't.
    ♡ 5. ) I love Nature and Animals as well trust animals more than people.

Years
  • 2. I can make my irises "vibrate" for a few seconds. I used to do this when I got really tired, then I figured out how to do it whenever.

my friend in highschool loved to creep people out by doing this lol. he'd make you point your finger near his eyes and wiggle it fast, then he'd follow the wiggles accurately. i wonder how he is right now.

Back