• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Chester Bennington dead at 41

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Not sure if everyone is aware but the vocalist from Linkin Park committed suicide today. From his content in his music it's obvious he had problems going on, but this is definitely tragic for the band, friends, and family.
So with the death of their vocalist, do you guy's think Linkin Park will disband or replace him? I personally believe Chester had one of the best rock voices hands down and is irreplaceable and I strongly believe they will disband after this.
Also, what are your guy's thoughts on the subject?

RIP Chester

Last edited:

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
Years
I, myself, was never a huge fan of Linkin Park, but I definitely feel sorry for all of their fans, as well as Chester's friends, family, and himself.

Seeing how the vocalist was such a beloved musician, and a rather irreplaceable one at that, I feel that Linkin Park might very well disband, much like Motorhead did when Lemmy died. It's sad, but it could very easily be true.

...I'm getting serious Chris Cornell flashbacks, though. He hanged himself as well only two months back, and he was also a well-beloved and hard to imitate vocalist himself. It's purely conjecture, but I'm sensing a pattern will be made of this in the near future. Let's hope that that isn't the case...

Years
It's sad really. I really liked their sound and I own an old CD of Linkin Park too. I guess things got too "heavy" for him.

Seriously, RIP Chester. Does anyone know why he committed suicide? I want to know.

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I have no words. Like many others, I grew up with this band. Their music helped me through the turmoil I went through in my teen years. If it wasn't for Linkin Park, I wouldn't have started making music myself.

RIP Chester Bennington

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
You have no idea how sad this makes me. I love Linkin Park...one of my favorite bands ever. He will be missed a lot. RIP

Years
I only just heard this, and as someone who grew up listening to some of their music, it is a huge loss for the rock music community. Wouldn't be surprised if Linkin Park call it quits considering what an iconic voice Chester was.

Shame that we're halfway through the year and I'm now getting bad flashbacks of all the losses we had in 2016. RIP Chester Bennington.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Commits suicide by hanging? Christ. Rest in piece; will always be a fan.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
It's sad really. I really liked their sound and I own an old CD of Linkin Park too. I guess things got too "heavy" for him.

Seriously, RIP Chester. Does anyone know why he committed suicide? I want to know.

A guy I went to high school with which was like 7 years ago, said this; not sure if it's true but it could, who knows?

Supposedly a really close friend of his and him were battling depression together. His friend died last year...his friends bday was today...the day he hung himself...can't be coincidence. I honestly think he was focused on the album they came out with a couple months ago, and it started hitting him again.

I'm also going to assume that this person is Chris Cornell.
Let both RIP. Both had an amazing voice. But I will still continue to listen to Soundgarden/Audoslave and older Linkin Park \m/

Last edited:

Bay

Years
I heard about Linklin Park's latest album having mixed reactions. I listened to it a couple months ago and even though there's a bit of different music style there I liked some of the songs. I sort of on and off when it comes to listening to Linklin Park, but rest in peace Chester.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
RIP. Playing Reanimation today, even if I don't enjoy their music anymore. Chris Cornell's bday today, too. Poor guy suffered from depression since like what, his childhood? Sexual abuse does some shit.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I just found this out today. I have to say that I'm devastated. DDDDD: I grew up around Linkin Park because they helped me through a lot. Hearing about this is just really shocking. I don't really know what to say at all. :c I also wouldn't be surprised if they broke up either. They lost a great friend who cant be replaced by just anyone. Chester had an amazing voice and had gone through a lot. It had so much emotion in it when he sang, and it seems as though you can't find a unique sound like that anymore.

Years
It's always a sad thing when someone dies, especially when they take their own life. I feel for his friends and family, especially when you know that people are going to be assholes around this.

As for the future of the band... whether you Linkin Park or not, you have to admit that Chester was an extremely talented singer and songwriter with one of the most diverse musical presences ever. He's not really someone you can replace, so I'd totally understand if the group disbands. That being said, they still have Mike who is a talented vocalist in his own right, so there's a chance they might continue.

Years
Hope this bump isn't problematic. ^^

Linkin Park has been with me for a very long time, and even though I felt like I 'grew out of them' recently, their music is still enjoyable whenever I listen to it, and my favorite album from them would probably have to be "A Thousand Suns" (not a popular choice among oldschool LP fans, but I'm not a huge fan of nu metal). Chester was definitely a great vocalist. Just listen to their 2003 Hybrid Theory concert in Texas, it was a great, great concert. I never knew Chester was suffering until after the tragedy happened. They're a band that did have a lot of depressing lyrics, but honestly I always looked passed that and never thought much about it. But thinking about things, it was pretty clear that Chester battled depression.

I mean he made it clear in interviews before. He was raised in a dysfunctional family, was sexually abused by an older male 'friend' at the age of 7, was bullied in school, battled against alcoholism, had identity issues and so on. He numbed the pain through his music and lyrics, but when Chris Cornell died I think that's when Chester really crumbled down. It makes me sad just to think about it really. He committed suicide on Chris Cornell's birthday and in a similar fashion too. The two were pretty close friends, so close in fact that Chester was actually the godfather of one of Chris' children. It's a horrible horrible loss, not just for us fans, but especially to the victim's families. RIP.

Back