• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's a compliment that's always stuck with you?

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • A wholesome thread, because those are always good. What's something nice someone has said to you that has really stuck, or something someone's said that you think of to cheer yourself up?

A friend of mine in my life always says good morning to me the first time I message him in the day, and even though I'm slow to wake up and usually pretty irritable, it makes me feel really good and it's a reminder that he enjoys talking to me.

I'm also really self-conscious about my voice and especially my laugh, but I've had friends say my voice sounds nice and they'd want to listen to me host a podcast. I'm unsure if I'd want to put myself out there, but it always helps me smile.

Years
  • wholesome threads are my cocaine man gimme more of these.

i was in a university choir all throughout college and a senior i had a crush on said i have a cute smile (i smile pretty wide and my eyes go small). still remember that after all these years. it's how i smile by default now.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • It was Halloween and I was on my way to my aunt's wedding. I wasn't dressed in a costume, only in my formal wear with my long hair down. On my way, I came across this little boy trick-or-treating, and he looked up at me in complete awe.

He asked me, "Are you a princess?" in the sweetest way possible! I was taken aback! It was like he really believed I had just walked out of a fairytale! That compliment has always stuck with me. <3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Someone once told me that my presence could brighten up any room I am in and make anyone feel happy - its one of the compliments I remember most all these years later. :')

Years
  • Some people here say I'm creative and that's about it.

I don't get compliments generally. It's really disheartening.

Years
    • Seen today
    There was a popular kid at my high school, he was somewhat of a jock. Into sports, and usually surrounded by other popular students. For some reason we were acquainted. We would hang out during breakfast almost every morning, and talked frequently in the class we shared. I was confused about why. I considered him way above my social status, so most of the time felt unsure if he was being genuine.

I spent most of the morning classes, well, not in class. I signed up for a program where I could go experience real life jobs for credits. Most of my time on this program was working at a hotel. I was always tired when I got back and didn't want to sit in the noisy cafeteria. One of the teachers let me bring my lunch into her class.

I was sitting in the class eating with my headphones muted, so I could still listen to everything. The kid I mentioned earlier comes in, and I noticed he started talking about me with the teacher. He started telling the teacher how likable I was, and how he liked being around me. As someone who struggles with anxious thoughts over this, it was so unbelievably uplifting.

Last edited:
    Years
  • One time in my second semester French class, I had to go up to the board to write answers to some stuff and when I went back to my desk one of the girls who sat near me was like "you should become a model" and I was like ??? o-oh thank you. Didn't expect it at all and it came totally out of nowhere, but has really stuck with me. Such a big compliment. ;_;

Years
  • The one that immediately came to mind was that a little over two years ago, a friend who I have thankfully gotten to know much better since but did not know that well at the time wrote a paragraph telling me that I'm really emotionally strong and that they admire my drive and ambition and idk but it's really stuck with me that someone I didn't know very well at all yet, and who I thought highly of, also thought highly of me and took the time to write it out like that. I don't necessarily agree with everything she said, but I almost appreciate it more because of that xD

Also Riki once unironically thanked me for making them feel like shit sometimes and that's amused me every time I've remembered it. I feel like that counts.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Compliments from my real life boyfriend are my favourite type of compliments. It's nice to have a real life boyfriend now and talk to him lots on Discord.

Back