• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you watch let’s plays or other gaming video content?

Years
  • I love watching gaming videos, be it lets plays or just informative trivia for certain games. Also quite like seeing reaction videos from content creators I enjoy. What about you guys? What kinds of gaming content do you like to watch? Who are some of your favorite content creators? ❤️

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I follow one or two people on YouTube and keep an eye on this but other than that mostly random stuff.

pkmin3033

Whilst I wouldn't even consider watching a LP, I do watch quite a few gameplay videos (usually for sections of a game that I'm stuck on, haha) from whoever has the easiest to understand video, and I occasionally watch videos from content creators - mainly Jim Sterling (because Jim has always been entertaining when he puts out a video about something I'm interested in) and YongYea (who is the best for news in my opinion) although I might watch Beatemups and/or Arlo for Nintendo stuff. I watch Girlfriend Reviews and if you don't then you should.

I don't really have a "type" of content I like to watch - I just peruse what seems interesting from the title. If it's clickbait then I won't go near it because whilst I have time to waste, I'd prefer to waste it on other things. This is one of the reasons I watch YongYea a lot - clear titles, decent length, and he doesn't generally pepper it with excessively heated opinions...if I want that, I'll watch one of Jim's videos. Sometimes I just want to be told what is going on with something without having to do a bunch of research around it because articles on gaming websites are rubbish these days.

Honestly I dislike more content creators than I like - I've blocked a lot of them from appearing in my Youtube recommended (RGT85 and Spawnwave are the biggest offenders here, although I recently added ReviewTechUSA because he repeats every rumour and has turned into a gossip) because they're so damn aggravating. xD

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Yes. Particularly for games I'd never play on my own or games that are too hard for me. Sometimes I'll search them out to determine if I want to get a game or not. They also have contributed to me getting new games/series. Most notably the Ace Attorney and Persona series.

Markiplier and HeroVoltsy are the main ones I am following right now. Markiplier for the horror genre and HeroVoltsy for Pokemon rom hacks/fan games (because those games are too god damn hard to play myself)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    For the most part, no. Was never really into watching other people play, or hearing people's theories or opinions or reactions and whatnot.

But I do watch TDS's MHW Gone Wrong series, as well as this one series where the guy is playing through GTA 5 but a lot of the character models are swapped with FE: Three Houses characters and I find it terribly amusing

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • A fairly significant chunk of my YouTube subscriptions are gaming-related, split pretty evenly into streamers (Jerma985, Vargskelethor Joel, SimpleFlips, etc.), speedrunning content (Karl Jobst, Summoning Salt, Speed Docs, and so on) and discussion/essay/review/other stuff (FrameRater, Gaming Historian, Matt McMuscles, Scott the Woz, insert-third-synonym-for-etc.). Some Pokemon-related channels too, of course, specifically The Garbodors, False Swipe Gaming and Johnstone.

It used to be way heavier on gaming content, but I've cut down a lot of that kind of content in my subs over the past few years or so as my interests have changed.

Years
    • Seen today
    The closest for me is a couple competitive pokemon channels. It's sort of a vicarious thing. I'm not good at competitive Pokemon, so I turned to watching these amazing players. Actually, watching these channels has made me a better player. I went from stuck in the 1200's on Pokemon Showdown to hitting 1500. Probably never going beyond that, because I only have fun if i'm using pokemon like lanturn or emolga. You can only go so far doing that in overused before hitting a wall.

As for actual let's play channels, only occasionally. I watched "chuggaaconroy's" Gale of Darkness playthorugh, but tried to watch Chrono Trigger but kept getting sleepy and gave it up.

Bay

Years
  • I've watched let's plays. Either for a game I don't have yet and don't mind the spoilers/am sure I won't be able to have a console for it, or a game I do have and wanted to see some reactions. There are several less named playthrough channels I checked on occasion, though in terms of big names usually Markiplier for horror or AbdallahSmash for Nintendo.

Years
  • I don't watch a lot of gaming content. The one I watch most consistently is probably False Swipe Gaming because the history of certain Pokemon in competitive over the years is actually really interesting. Otherwise I'll sometimes watch the odd LP off a game that looks interesting but that's a rarity.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I watch Girlfriend Reviews and if you don't then you should.

Oh the name sounded fishy at first but I like the content they produce. I watch their videos solely for their humor these days, but otherwise they give honest reviews.
    Other than this, I watch Resonant Arc, chuggaconroy, purplerodri and Malik Card (not popular, but fun). Others come and go, so I do not exactly "follow" any other creators other than these, even if they are constantly in my recommended section.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Yes, especially when a new game is released and you want to sample it before getting it. Also, speedruns are sometimes useful to show the fast way of doing things.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I enjoy watching videos about the history/development behind various titles. I used to watch let's plays up to several years ago, but it sort of lost its magic for me. One of the only ones I really follow nowadays is Pikasprey. Other than that, I mostly watch multiplayer games because of the entertaining interactions between the players. I will occasionally look at some of the shorter speedruns and just admire the skill necessary to pull it off.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I used to be an avid watcher of Game Grumps. Still a fan but I don't watch as much because...I don't really even know why, actually.

That's about it on the Let's Play front other than some time spent watching OneyPlays since I really like them too. As for video game vids in general, I love documentaries and video essays. Matthew Matosis is always a good watch.

Years
  • I've been watching gaming content on YouTube for as long as I can remember, probably ever since I was old enough to know what the website is. I'll usually watch some content every night, whether is Call of Duty, Minecraft, Final Fantasy or any other new game that has come out, I'll always go to sleep watching some!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I know about letspalys/walkthroughs since around mid 2000s. Atm i mainly follow F1 league racing.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
  • Lancer he's my 1st favorite youtube content creator I watch his LP contents like FFVI Advance (1st video I watch)
    Olizandri my 2nd favorite youtube content creator why?! because his play FFXIII-2

gaming content I like to watch is POKEMON GAMES, FINAL FANTASY SERIES and SPIN-OFFS and many (Except Visual Novel Games that I really don't like)

Years
  • For rom hack LPs I exclusively watched Herovoltsy. For CSGO I watch pros like tarik/stewie2k. For a variety of games I watch Nerdcubed. Every other creator I watch makes content not involving gaming.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I usually just watch TFS Gaming these days, used to watch a few "PokéTubers" a few years ago but not so much nowadays

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i like scott the woz and somecallmejohnny for youtube content. scott is funny and johnny is rly down to earth and great at reviewing. i'll watch him review stuff i have no intention of playing just bc he's so enjoyable. i met him at a con too. super nice. i like tama hero, thejwittz, and renae too, tho the latter i usually just watch on twitch. i don't watch let's plays as much as i used to, but i always liked nintendocaprisun, lucahjin, hcbailey, and protonjon. i've met all the runaway guys too (jon, chuggaa, and NCS) which was awesome. i even ran into jon in another booth at the con and we ended up enabling each other to buy games we definitely didn't need aha. anyway, we've been watching tlou streamers lately, too. mainly anthony caliber and pdub. we rly like the both of them. uhhh who else...oh! i like johnstone and mah-dry-bread. love their challenges, i largely attribute them to why i got on such a pokemon kick this year tbh. feel bad i almost forgot them just then damn.

Years
  • I've never really watched a Let's Play. Probably the closest thing for me is watching Building Tutorials for The Sims 4. It just doesn't really appeal to me, idk why.

Back