• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Console Generation were you born in?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Many PC users were born in a different console generation, but which one were you born into?

...In other words, what console era/which consoles were out when you were first born?

start from this list and keep going. There's currently eight generations of consoles.

I think I'm Fifth generation. Was born a few months after the Nintendo 64 came out in America. I feel a little sad knowing I wasn't born during the Snes era, but oh well!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's a lot of overlap with the years used but since I was born in 1992 that would mean I'm 2nd or 3rd generation?

pkmin3033

I was born in 89, which makes me old between the second and fourth generations. My first console was a Megadrive, which was from the fourth~

Years
  • I checked to see which console generation year I was born in and it ways I'm in between third-fourth generation.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • the overlaps are weird but it looks like 4th gen for me. the first consoles i remember playing were SNES and the phillips CD-i and i don't wanna talk about the latter one. i think technically my first console was an NES as there are photos of me playing, but...i was like. a baby. i don't remember it. i have very vivid memories of SNES though.

Years
  • Yeah this is kinda confusing ngl...based on birth date alone I'm First Generation? In terms of stuff that actually released after I was born, Third Generation? But then in terms of what I owned/played, Second Generation?

No fucking clue lol, I'll go down the middle with Second Gen I guess

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I was born in 1996, alongside the N64. Though I'd also say that the console generation you were born in isn't necessarily "your" generation. Unless your family were already gamers, it's more likely that the consoles one grew up with were the ones from the following generation or later.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    1995, so fifth gen (Saturn, Jaguar, PS1, N64). The Saturn's European release (July 1995) is the closest to my birthday. I actually had a PS1 in the late 2000s - a family friend gave it to me, but for some reason they never included a memory card. Barely got to play anything before it broke down 😢

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I was born in the middle of the sixth generation, just a few months after the GameCube's American release date. While I started gaming towards the end of the seventh generation, I have lots of fond memories playing GameCube games!

Years
  • I'm a '94 baby, so probably 4th gen. I had and still have the original gameboy from when I was a wee baba, and my mum says I used to love playing kirby on the snes.

H e a p.

Banned
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    6th generation. Maybe the 7th?

(Seventh Generation, actually. Born in the Platinum days.)

Years
  • third or fourth generation i think.... going to go with around fourth, i think. i know i remember playing the SNES very briefly, at least.

Back