• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
zeraora_sprite_by_nkxmts-dbw09fk.png

also, we already have a Zeraora sprite :) but thank you anyway!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
The project seems to be going pretty nicely so far. I have 2 questions though.
1) Are these the definitive palettes? They look quite.. lifeless, specially compared to the sprites of the 64x64 Sprites Projects from the 6 previous generations.

2) Are some poses like Blacephalon's subject to change or they're gonna 100% stay like that?
I feel like it would be better to have, at least optionally, a pose that felt more accurate compared to its idle pose in USUM, if it was possible.
AxGdnI5.gif

In any case, keep going guys, you're some of the best spriters this community have when it comes to GBA Sprites and the project looks quite close to completion too! <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
1) Are these the definitive palettes? They look quite.. lifeless, specially compared to the sprites of the 64x64 Sprites Projects from the 6 previous generations.

2) Are some poses like Blacephalon's subject to change or they're gonna 100% stay like that?
I feel like it would be better to have, at least optionally, a pose that felt more accurate compared to its idle pose in USUM, if it was possible.

i can't answer #2 with any reasonable accuracy because i didn't sprite blacephalon (although i do agree that it's at a bit of a strange angle), but i actually very much sympathize with your first point. i don't know when if ever we agreed to start using sugimori palettes? i understand that the sugimori palette thread exists but they should not be the only options. keep them, by all means, but they should be separate.

darkdragon, i would like an explanation as to why we seem to be using only sugimori palettes for some of the sprites. it's been bothering me for a while but i never actually brought it up.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hi, Im jaegerlucciano23 from Deviant ^^
I want to help update the sprites of the ultrabeasts,
free of modifications.
JkOtrF8.png

pDgLoGP.png

oKbcSnI.png

and bruxish:
5v7vZY2.png

xurkitree and bruxish look pretty good and i particularly like the way you did xurkitree's head, but bruxish is at a bit of a strange angle. not a fan of celesteela or kartana though- the celesteela has minor enough modifications that i don't believe it's worth replacing and i prefer the current one, while kartana suffers from the same issue as bruxish, the odd angle.

i would certainly be willing to accept the xurkitree sprite with some minor touchups, and possibly bruxish as well.

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
1) Are these the definitive palettes?
2) Are some poses like Blacephalon's subject to change

hi there, for #1, not actually sure when but it was decided here even before I came here that they would use sugimori palettes. mrdollsteak, chaos rush a bit, and some others helped contribute to the sugimori palette project that mrdollsteak started. but yeah I agree there should be an option

#2 now that the gamed are out I'll make a new one with the pose. although I was thinking the pose I used was more dynamic, like the HgSs styled sprites from the original gba sprite project. but if you guys prefer a more static pose like BW then i'll work on it, easy fix

also not all these sprites are final. there are some old sprites I want to replace as well

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
hi there, for #1, not actually sure when but it was decided here even before I came here that they would use sugimori palettes. mrdollsteak, chaos rush a bit, and some others helped contribute to the sugimori palette project that mrdollsteak started. but yeah I agree there should be an optionhour

#2 now that the gamed are out I'll make a new one with the pose. although I was thinking the pose I used was more dynamic, like the HgSs styled sprites from the original gba sprite project. but if you guys prefer a more static pose like BW then i'll work on it, easy fix

also not all these sprites are final. there are some old sprites I want to replace as well

The sprite having a static pose is preferable to dynamic ones so I think that's the route that should be taken.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Hmm, I'm the one who decided to use Sugimori colors since the beginning of this project because I noticed that the DS colored resources are beginning to close that time and that they are shifting to the Sugimori color resources... Another reason is that Sugimori colors matches the in-game trainer sprites of the GBA games, as mentioned by some sprite authority here (I forgot who and where), and that we don't have a very active DS-style trainer sprite resource or even a repository...

But anyway, I want you guys to choose now what color you want... I want to hear your choice this week...

Also, the icons for Radiant Sun Solgaleo and Full Moon Lunala will be posted in the OP and DropBox this week...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
the other ds-style resources aren't "shifting," they finished their original tasks so now they're working on sugimori palettes. and... honestly matching the trainer styles doesn't matter? the trainer sprite styles already don't match with the DS-style. the palette isn't going to make that better.

as i stated, i significantly prefer non-sugimori palettes. keep the sugimori palettes we have, but make them a separate option.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I agree 100% with Nogyro, I rather have y'all use the same colorful and wonderful palettes that the rest of the 64x64 Sprites Projects use.

Years
Hi, I'm a stranger who wants to contribute, although a little late.
I wanted to do a resize of the Crabominable sprite made by the user of Deviantart Luigi-player, because I find it more faithful to the original proportions of that Pokémon.

fJgCOxC.png

I've contributed to other sites before with sprites, but this is the first thing I do here.
Translation by google translate: P

Last edited:

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
But anyway, I want you guys to choose now what color you want... I want to hear your choice this week....

i say we offer the regular DS palettes in the repository but once we're done we can put all the sprites into one canvas as well (like how ChaosRush does at the end of each generation for his project), and then we can have a secondary canvas with all sugimori palettes. how does that sound? win win for everyone

FURFROU SPRITES used MrDollSteak's sprites as bases
Spoiler:

will work on blacephalon next

hi there! i'm friends with luigi player on DA actually. i always love his sprites, but his colouring style doesn't fit this project to be honest. aside from that, the size of Crabominable makes it look disproportionate in comparison to Crabrawler. that's the reason we have to be creative with the sizes of sprites for this project because of the limitations of the canvas size

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hi guys. I figure this is pretty obvious but I'm stepping down from this project. Z and leparagon are handling the project quite well and I no longer have the time or patience to contribute to this project. I'm sure you'll all finish the project just fine without me and the work you're doing is already looking pretty amazing. Good luck! :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I wanted to do a resize of the Crabominable sprite made by the user of Deviantart Luigi-player, because I find it more faithful to the original proportions of that Pokémon.

fJgCOxC.png

I've contributed to other sites before with sprites, but this is the first thing I do here.

as leparagon stated, this crabominable sprite is unfortunately quite small in comparison to crabrawler, so we can't really make use of it. that said, it was resized very well! perhaps resizing some other sprites (with permission, of course) will yield some better options.

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
Years

fJgCOxC.png

Talking about crabominable, you`re right, that one seems small however the one on the op seems more unproportional, with a rare expression on its face.....
I once saw on youtube a nice crabominable sprite, this took me a long time to search, however, I found the video. (check around 5:26) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf2XJtApdRM

also check his sandyghast line (7:32) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHN2Vy3P4_Y

leparagon

speed and quality
Years

lol the crab sprites are mine. a lot of the sprites in both videos are from me. I gave them permission, although a lot are outdated sprites for which i've already made newer versions. theI sandyghast and pilosand arent mine tho

see the problem there is they used BW 96 x 96 sprites. im not sure if you noticed, but the resizes on most of the sprites, even the ones not by me, look disproportionat

anyway, i looked crabrawler and crabominable sprites again. honestly there is no problem with the crabominable here. my only suggestion is make the pupils only one pixel so it doesn't look like he has that "rare expression" you're talking about (which isn't a problem, it's more of nitpicking imo). the proportions are good as well, like compared to my sprite on that video there's barely any difference in proportion. i do have a problem with front & back for crabrawler and back for crabominable though. i'll work on those soon

Last edited:
Back