• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How strong are you?

Physically, how strong are you?

• Hella

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Hellish

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Not very

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • My arms sway in the breeze

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Physically, mostly, but feel free to broaden the question. Emotional strength is worth far more than godly glutes, after all. But not much more.

pkmin3033

Physically frail, emotionally unstable. I'm a real peach.

...but whilst a ten year old could probably beat me at arm-wrestling, I suspect I have more mental fortitude than I give myself credit for...after all, I'm still alive, and that has to count for something considering the track of my thoughts a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I am strong, both physically and emotionally. Then again, clonazepam helps.

Some of you (not naming names or even hinting) who love posting on threads like this to showcase your low self-esteem are likely a lot more emotionally tough than you give yourself credit for. I see so much self-loathing here that it's kind of depressing honestly, and reminds me of me at 16. Before you tell yourselves you're mentally weak, ask yourself just how much bullshit you endured – and survived – over this past year, and even over the span of your entire life.

Years
  • Weeeell, I'm pretty strong. Especially for my age, I'd say. Like, if you were a weedy kid in a group, you'd want to enlist me so that I could kick the living shit out of all the other kids. But sometimes I see someone my age and they're built like Schwarzenegger and make skyscrapers look diminutive. And that's just the girls.

I'm good for an impromptu wrestle and have a decent pain threshold. I only yield when I know that something is about to rupture. I bloody love fighting, but my opponents often take it that bit too far and I don't give up in time, so I usually come out of it with an injury or two. Or fifty. Very injury prone. My fault, mostly. Good bones but shit joints. Otherwise, yeah, I could take on most people my age. For lack of defeatism if nothing else, really.

Emotionally, on the other hand... my anxiety pushes me face down in the mud but my inherited fortitude always has me rebounding. Still, I don't know of trauma in any great sense, so only time can reveal the extent of my mettle.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    ABYH4I3.png

Taken from my workout spreadsheet.

#s in lbs

1rm = 1 rep at that weight
    TM = training weight

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, just let the guy flaunt his crap if he wants. Physically, I am decently strong in some respects. Probably weaker on the emotional side of things but by no means anything overly serious.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd say I'm strong emotionally. I am blessed with having thick skin, I am generally nonchalant and it takes a lot to get to me. Despite this. I am rather emotional and I feel things with tremendous intensity. However, I am not one to suffer with lingering feelings of despondency or despair, I am quick to overcome these emotions.

Physically, I'm not strong whatsoever. I'm really weak and frail and I often laugh at myself because of it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Physically? I've always been stronger than I look despite being very thin, since I was doing very physically demanding training for dancing a lot of the time, and this holds true still to an extent, but I've been pretty much bed-ridden for over three years now so the vast majority of whatever physical strength I had built up is gone. I can muster short bursts if I need to lift something or whatever but I'm basically a walking corpse.

Emotionally? I find this one harder to answer. I suffer from anxiety and depression, I'm beaten down and exhausted from all the shit I've gone through. I'm very frail really... but I'm also stubborn as fuck and as long as I've got something there worth continuing for I'll keep trucking on. I'm like a glass javelin that's been thrown forward and keeps catching updrafts before it hits the ground.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i'm fairly strong ig? lifting up ice coffees to bring to the front helps with that i think fdjkflsd. also think carrying bags of ice for a whole week might have helped too ig.

emotionally i suffer from anxiety (who doesn't) but overall i'm ok. depends on the day i feel.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I feel like I'm fairly strong for someone my size. I have a tendency to be told I can't and then prove them wrong. At work I have to lift boxes quite a bit because of candy and plush we get and I just have to do things a different way.

Years
  • Seems like an obvious way of stating how strong they are to me :confused:

It would be if it was the only measure of physical strength. In actuality it doesn't take into account many other types of physical strength such as body weight training or perhaps dynamic strength that can be generated by the body - like throwing a punch or kick. There are measures for things such as grip strength and finger strength also...

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Emotionally, I'm the most resilient person I know. Physically, my only advantage is my height and slight bulk - but I've been jumped a couple of times and came out perfectly fine, so... masc prowess, I guess?

Back