• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Years
  • You guys might have noticed that this side of the forum has a new look, with a colorful prefix attached to each club. They are Pokemon for our favorite franchise, Other Fandoms for additional cool titles like Animal Crossing, Harry Potter etc, and a Life prefix for motivational topics in our daily life and skills, to encompasses clubs like the Mental Health club or the Cooking Club.

Since we have a lot of different types of clubs here the idea was to make navigation more organized. This is an experiment for the time being, so feel free to express your thoughts on this. Do you find this a helpful new change, is your experience okay and about the same, or is it difficult to navigate than before?

If you have questions about why your club received the prefix it did, and think it should use one of the other prefixes then we can discuss that. We can also discuss the creation of additional prefixes if you would like to see more genres, or not using the prefixes if they're not ultimately useful. Everybody is welcome at the round table.

More navigation tools are coming. Look out for a Clubhouse directory/ phone book advertising and featuring each and every club soon. Cheers!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hey, so I'm in the final stretch of completing my club, but I just wanna make sure:

Is anyone interested in a cooking club?

Not only will we be sharing recipes, but monthly, I'll hold what I call: Shokugeki! Iron Chef!! Where I'll give you guys an ingredient, and you can create your own recipe with it, or create something that has the ingredient in it. Best recipe wins!

That's the rough idea, but I have a ton more things planned for it. So, before I post the club, anyone interested?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hi hi, just looking for a bit of feedback for my Mystery Dungeon club! :D

Spoiler: PokéCommunity Square ~ The Mystery Dungeon Society ✪

[a id]placeholder[/a id]

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Welcome to the Mystery Dungeon Society!

This club is a celebration of a small, yet beautiful part of the Pokémon franchise—the Mystery Dungeon spin-off series! This very thread will serve as a portal leading to the world inhabited only by Pokémon.

Beyond this gateway, many new adventures and fresh experiences await your arrival!

Here's a quick rundown of this club.

1. Everyone is welcome—it is NOT required to sign up! If you just want to talk about Mystery Dungeon, go ahead and jump right in to chit-chat with us!

2. Signing up is only required if you're interested in forming your own Expedition Team and participating in PokéCommunity missions. For more details, see the next section!

3. This club holds two parallel purposes: the Mystery Dungeon chit-chat, and the PokéCommunity missions. You don't need to feel obligated to engage in both. By all means, feel free to come to this thread exclusively for the missions! Or, you can simply pretend the missions don't exist. Same goes for the chatting!

4. As far as chit-chat goes, we're pretty laid-back! Discussions are encouraged whenever possible, but you don't really have to stick to the current topic at hand—feel free to voice any of your PMD thoughts or share your favorite PMD things at any time!

5. Have fun, and try to stay positive. Smiles go for miles!

If you're interested in having your own team, taking on PokéCommunity missions, recruiting new Pokémon, and ranking up your team, then sign up to immerse in the full Mystery Dungeon experience!

All you need to do is post in this thread with the following information:

Nickname: (What would you like people to call you within this thread? It doesn't have to be your usual name!)
    Pokémon Species: (What Pokémon do you want to be? It can be any unevolved species, Legendary or not!)
    Team Name: (Give your Expedition Team a name! You can ask to have this changed at any time.)

(If you would like to partner up with another member rather than creating your own team, simply put the name of that person's team under "Team Name.")

As an Expedition Team member, you'll earn points for each mission you complete. When you accumulate enough points, your team will eventually rank up, which will allow you to recruit more Pokémon and gain other perks!

Further details about team ranks, points, and recruitable Pokémon will be explained in the [alink id="placeholder"]Expedition Hall[/alink id] post, along with a showcase of everyone's teams!

What are PokéCommunity missions?

Missions are the essence of Mystery Dungeon! In the context of this club, missions are a way to promote activity all across the PokéCommunity forums!

Examples of missions can include joining another club in The Clubhouse, replying to a particular thread from any section, or participating in a forum-wide event! The only real requirement is that all missions must take place on the PokéCommunity forums, and missions must not violate any site-wide rules or section-specific rules.

Anyone on the PokéCommunity forums can post in this thread to request a mission! Whether you have your own Expedition Team or not, whether you're even interested in Mystery Dungeon or not, it's totally fine! Don't feel bad about coming here for the sole purpose of requesting missions—that's precisely what we're here for! What are Expedition Teams without clients to help out? :)

Guidelines for requesting a new mission can be found in the [alink id="placeholder"]Mission Board[/alink id] post, which will also contain a list of currently active missions and an archive of past missions.

Enjoy your time here, everyone! YOOM...TAH!!

By any chance, does this club sound too convoluted? It felt like the idea was simple enough when I first came up with it, but the fact that I needed a gigantic wall of text to explain how this club works is telling me otherwise, ehehe... 😭 Anyway!! I'm really hoping that this club could somehow work out, and that its "gimmick" won't end up being its downfall. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank youuuu~!!

P.S. I'm super happy to see the Clubhouse Directory taking flight, aaaaaaaaaa!!! ;__; <3333333333333333

Hey, so I'm in the final stretch of completing my club, but I just wanna make sure:

Not only will we be sharing recipes, but monthly, I'll hold what I call: Shokugeki! Iron Chef!! Where I'll give you guys an ingredient, and you can create your own recipe with it, or create something that has the ingredient in it. Best recipe wins!

That's the rough idea, but I have a ton more things planned for it. So, before I post the club, anyone interested?

Shawn, I think your idea sounds really neat! It reminds me of the Food Wars anime. :D Cooking may be far from my strong point, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest!! ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi hi, just looking for a bit of feedback for my Mystery Dungeon club! :D

By any chance, does this club sound too convoluted? It felt like the idea was simple enough when I first came up with it, but the fact that I needed a gigantic wall of text to explain how this club works is telling me otherwise, ehehe... 😭 Anyway!! I'm really hoping that this club could somehow work out, and that its "gimmick" won't end up being its downfall. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank youuuu~!!

P.S. I'm super happy to see the Clubhouse Directory taking flight, aaaaaaaaaa!!! ;__; <3333333333333333

I love this idea, and even though I'm a Mystery Dungeon game rookie I think I will have to join anyway just because this club sounds so cool. I don't want to miss out. Tell me, what are the best pmd titles in your opinion Revise? I want to bone up on my knowledge of the series. This is soooo clever of you to think of!

I will be luring Ninetales here with a plate or sugar cookies and Oreos! She might be up for a little Mystery Dungeon too.

And YESSSSS, the directory is a beloved new addition and all the thumbs up are a testament to your genius. Special thanks to Dawn also for giving me this suggestion and to you Revise for making this dream a reality for us!

Hey, so I'm in the final stretch of completing my club, but I just wanna make sure:

That sounds very nice. I think you should make your club. Since there was previously a cooking club, but the owner hasn't been seen on the site this year I would think there are a lot of home cooks on the forum like you who miss it, and would appreciate having an outlet for their passions and creativity again. If you publish this club what I will do is send out messages to members of the former cooking club, and let them know that the feast isn't over, and a fresh club for food lovers had just been made. I imagine that there would be people happy to know there's still a food club available, and you may pick up more members than you expected ^_^

I say give The Iron Chef a try!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I love this idea, and even though I'm a Mystery Dungeon game rookie I think I will have to join anyway just because this club sounds so cool. I don't want to miss out.

Oh gosh, it would be an honor to have you on board, Sam!! And I'm really glad you like the idea. ^__^

At last, I've finally finished writing out the completed draft of the club! It took me several days straight, so I'm feeling both super happy and in disbelief at the same time, ahaha. Any last minute thoughts before this club goes live? :D I apologize if the draft feels overbearing to get through!

(By the way, I hope it's okay for the OP to be split into three different posts! It would be an absolute nightmare to edit otherwise, yikeeees!!)

Spoiler: Post #1 - PokéCommunity Square

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Welcome to the Mystery Dungeon Society!

This club is a celebration of a small, yet beautiful part of the Pokémon franchise—the Mystery Dungeon spin-off series! This very thread will serve as a portal leading to the world inhabited only by Pokémon.

Beyond this gateway, many new adventures and fresh experiences await your arrival!

Here's a quick rundown of this club.

1. Everyone is welcome—it is NOT required to sign up! If you just want to talk about Mystery Dungeon, go ahead and jump right in to chit-chat with us!

2. Signing up is only required if you're interested in forming your own Expedition Team and participating in PokéCommunity missions. For more details, see the next section!

3. This club holds two parallel purposes: the Mystery Dungeon chit-chat, and the PokéCommunity missions. You don't need to feel obligated to engage in both. By all means, feel free to come to this thread exclusively for the missions! Or, you can simply pretend the missions don't exist. Same goes for the chatting!

4. As far as chit-chat goes, we're pretty laid-back! Discussions are encouraged whenever possible, but you don't really have to stick to the current topic at hand—feel free to voice any of your PMD thoughts or share your favorite PMD things at any time!

5. Have fun, and try to stay positive. Smiles go for miles!

If you're interested in having your own team, taking on PokéCommunity missions, recruiting new Pokémon, and ranking up your team, then sign up to immerse in the full Mystery Dungeon experience!

All you need to do is post in this thread with the following information:

Nickname: (What would you like people to call you within this thread? It doesn't have to be your usual name!)
    Pokémon Species: (What Pokémon do you want to be? It can be any unevolved species, Legendary or not!)
    Team Name: (Give your Expedition Team a name! You can ask to have this changed at any time.)

(If you would like to partner up with another member rather than creating your own team, simply put the name of that person's team under "Team Name.")

As an Expedition Team member, you'll earn points for each mission you complete. When you accumulate enough points, your team will eventually rank up, which will allow you to recruit more Pokémon and gain other perks!

Further details about team ranks, points, and recruitable Pokémon will be explained in the [alink id="Expedition_Hall"]Expedition Hall[/alink id] post, along with a showcase of everyone's teams!

What are PokéCommunity missions?

Missions are the essence of Mystery Dungeon! In the context of this club, missions are a way to promote activity all across the PokéCommunity forums!

Examples of missions can include joining another club in The Clubhouse, replying to a particular thread from any section, or participating in a forum-wide event! The only real requirement is that all missions must take place on the PokéCommunity forums, and missions must not violate any site-wide rules or section-specific rules.

Anyone on the PokéCommunity forums can post in this thread to request a mission! Whether you have your own Expedition Team or not, whether you're even interested in Mystery Dungeon or not, it's totally fine! Don't feel bad about coming here for the sole purpose of requesting missions—that's precisely what we're here for! What are Expedition Teams without clients to help out? :)

Guidelines for requesting a new mission can be found in the [alink id="Mission_Board"]Mission Board[/alink id] post, which will also contain a list of currently active missions and an archive of past missions.

Enjoy your time here, everyone! YOOM...TAH!!

Spoiler: Post #2 - Expedition Hall
    [a id]Expedition_Hall[/a id]
    Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Everything you need to know about Expedition Teams:

Open the spoiler tag below for more details about how Expedition Teams work. If there's anything that you're unsure of, please don't be afraid to ask!

Spoiler: The Expedition Guidebook
    Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Points and Rewards:
    Spoiler:

Team Ranks and Perks:
    Spoiler:

More About Recruitable Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

If You're Partnered With Another Member:
    Spoiler:

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Team Revisenthlay
    5 Points // Normal Rank

Spoiler: Recruited Pokémon
    None yet!

🕗 Last updated on June 16, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. EST

Spoiler: Post #3 - Mission Board
    [a id]Mission_Board[/a id]
    Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

What you need to know about PokéCommunity missions:

Open the spoiler tag below to learn more about missions and the guidelines for requesting them. As always, feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Spoiler: The Mission Encyclopedia
    Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Main Things to Know:
    Spoiler:

How to Request a Mission:
    Spoiler:

Limitations for Mission Requests:
    Spoiler:

Redeeming Points for Completed Missions:
    Spoiler:

(Remember, anyone on the forums is more than welcome to request missions here, so there's no need to feel shy if you'd like an activity boost somewhere!)

Currently Active Missions

Mission ID #001:
    Simply post in this club!

Repeatability: You can complete this mission an unlimited number of times.
    Duration: This mission will not expire.

Additional Details:

Every post you make in this thread will earn you 5 points! (Double-posts do not count.) You do not need to report your completion of this mission, as I will be keeping track of all posts in this thread. Happy posting!

📤 Mission requested by: Meadow

Mission ID #002:
    Raise a Virtual Pokémon Pet!

Location: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=416735
    Repeatability: You can complete this mission an unlimited number of times.
    Duration: This mission will not expire.

Additional Details:

You can redeem your 100 points for this mission after you've finished raising your VPP to the maximum level. Visit the thread linked above for full details and to sign up. If you have any questions about how VPP works, don't be afraid to reach out to Caite-chan!

Mission ID #003:
    Play "Fill in the Blank" at PokéTrivia!

Location: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355402
    Repeatability: You can complete this mission once per day until it expires.
    Duration: This mission will expire on June 26, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

Additional Details:

"Fill in the Blank" is one of my favorite games at Pokémon Trivia, so I thought it'd be exciting to see more people play it! Making one post in the linked thread is all that's needed to earn points for this mission. Try to have fun with this!

Archive of Past Missions

Spoiler:

🕗 Last updated on June 16, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. EST

The third post in particular should hopefully give an idea of how I envision the "PokéCommunity missions" to work! 🙏

Oh, and Ninetales, I know you really love Mystery Dungeon, so if there's anything that seems off about this draft, I'd be more than happy to hear your opinion!! Anyone else's input would be very much appreciated, as well! 😊

Tell me, what are the best pmd titles in your opinion Revise? I want to bone up on my knowledge of the series.

Oooh, oooh!! I personally feel that Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky is one of the most beautiful games to have ever existed, not just within the Pokémon franchise!! That game makes me cry my heart out every time I reach the ending... ugh, the bond between the player and partner Pokémon is just too wonderful for words!!! ;__;

If the gameplay isn't your cup of tea, I think it's still worth experiencing just for the story alone! ❤ Maybe you could just use cheat codes to make yourself overpowered or something, heehee! Ummmm, n-n-not that I did that when I was younger or anything, nope!! 😇💦💦💦

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Meadow said:
    I hope you don't mind.. I'm stealing your AWESOME idea of implementing VPP into the Fairy club here! I plan on posting a small announcement about it soon. Thank you so much for being legitimately creative and coming up with this. <3

Idr if I asked this in the past but would anyone be interested in a body mod / tattoo / piercing club? Or maybe that's more of an Art Studio thing... I dunno. But if there's a bit of interest I'll happily make one! :D

Years
  • While I just have a classic pair of pierced ears, it's still a piercing and ought to get me into the door of the club at least. I would join a body art club/ mod club so long as jewelry is a big part of it. I love gemstones, and buy my share of handmade creations when I see something novel made by a local artist or on Etsy. I am also interested in healing crystals. Every item I wear has a symbol and meaning behind it.

I thought I would flop down in a lounge chair here and toss out an idea that came to me today. I am watching a Xianxia series right now called The Legends, and it's got me so excited to talk about action and martial arts with other kindred souls. Would anyone here like to see a combat club? This would be club where you could celebrate your favorite martial artists, be it fighters competing in tournaments, fighting for the movies or the world of professional wrestling. That's not all though, fighting genre video games and animes would also be up for discussion. If you take self-defense classes or participate in sports like boxing, wrestling or karate as either a hobby or professionally this would be a place to share your own personal experiences too.

I hope there are some takers, because just the thought of it has me pumped. If I get any sign of enthusiasm for this I will build a dojo here in the upcoming weeks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    While I just have a classic pair of pierced ears, it's still a piercing and ought to get me into the door of the club at least. I would join a body art club/ mod club so long as jewelry is a big part of it. I love gemstones, and buy my share of handmade creations when I see something novel made by a local artist or on Etsy. I am also interested in healing crystals. Every item I wear has a symbol and meaning behind it.

I thought I would flop down in a lounge chair here and toss out an idea that came to me today. I am watching a Xianxia series right now called The Legends, and it's got me so excited to talk about action and martial arts with other kindred souls. Would anyone here like to see a combat club? This would be club where you could celebrate your favorite martial artists, be it fighters competing in tournaments, fighting for the movies or the world of professional wrestling. That's not all though, fighting genre video games and animes would also be up for discussion. If you take self-defense classes or participate in sports like boxing, wrestling or karate as either a hobby or professionally this would be a place to share your own personal experiences too.

I hope there are some takers, because just the thought of it has me pumped. If I get any sign of enthusiasm for this I will build a dojo here in the upcoming weeks.

I'm into healing crystals and essential oils. I'm also into martial arts with doing Tae Kwon Do myself and was huge into wrestling several years ago and slowly getting back into it.

Also if ANY of the clubs want to have fun with VPP let me know I'll be more than happy at add your stuff to the second post under event. :D Feel free to drop a VM/PM if you have any questions.

Years
  • I'm into healing crystals and essential oils. I'm also into martial arts with doing Tae Kwon Do myself and was huge into wrestling several years ago and slowly getting back into it.

Also if ANY of the clubs want to have fun with VPP let me know I'll be more than happy at add your stuff to the second post under event. :D Feel free to drop a VM/PM if you have any questions.

I love essential oils too. I'd love to know some of your favorites. I really like the middle notes like rose, lavender and especially neroli. Ninetales has a nice club called Cerulean Spas. This health and beauty spa is a small, intimate club right now with me, Ninetales, Fairy and Lynx that you might want to look at because essential oils have a place there as well as other bath products, I make soaps, we talk about self-improvement and relaxation techniques as well as clothes as influences on style and self-expression.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=432045

Would you say that you are interested in new age? Like horoscopes or numerology or tarot as well as healing crystals, because that could potentially branch off into a brand new club here the more I think about it.

I'm going to get to work building a dojo for The Clubhouse. I officially reserve this club, and will name it Close Combat, so look out for us! I'd love to hear about your journey with Tae Kwon Do. and wrestling. I did a little Taekwondo many years ago, and also some Tai chi.

I believe good things could come of this club.

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Thank you so much Caite-chan for reaching out with your kind offer to assist with VPP. I sure would like to learn more about that and will definitely message you to learn more. It sounds cool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Would you say that you are interested in new age? Like horoscopes or numerology or tarot as well as healing crystals, because that could potentially branch off into a brand new club here the more I think about it.

I'm going to get to work building a dojo for The Clubhouse. I officially reserve this club, and will name it Close Combat, so look out for us! I'd love to hear about your journey with Tae Kwon Do. and wrestling. I did a little Taekwondo many years ago, and also some Tai chi.

Thank you so much Caite-chan for reaching out with your kind offer to assist with VPP. I sure would like to learn more about that and will definitely message you to learn more. It sounds cool.

I'm more of a new age person and into all of that. I haven't done tarot reading in quite awhile but I have my own deck. I tend to check my horoscope every so often. I try to meditate and *BIG HUGE TRYING* to get my lazy butt in gear to do yoga. I always have my radio on at night with meditation or spa music because I have ringing of the ears and I need background music.

I'd be more than happy to hang out at the Dojo you build. :D

Years
  • Weight lifting club?

Yeah, tattoos are righteous. I'm actually just about covered everywhere but my thighs and sides at this point.

I'd be happy to incorporate weightlifting and other forms of fitness training into Close Combat! A warrior has to be in shape to fight after all.

I'm in the process of coming up with some questions for new members, and getting things ready for our opening soon.

It looks like Jo's body art club Is already growing an audience, between tattoo lovers, piercing fans and jewel collectors, and I hope to see this club launch. So far I see at least four prospective members with you, Caite-Chan, me and of course Jo/Fairy! That's enough to get a conversation started I think.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Haha, awesome, okay! I'll work on a body-art / mod club today. :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Hey, so I'm in the final stretch of completing my club, but I just wanna make sure:

I'd definitely be interested in this! I love getting new ideas for recipes and have enjoyed making desserts lately, from simple apple crumbles to lemon meringue pie. :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I'm owner material, but would anyone be interested in joining (or running) an insect/entomology club? One of my favorite hobbies is looking for and taking pics of insects, especially moths and caterpillars! Or maybe a general "outdoors exploration" club where we can share anything interesting we find outside (animals, plants, rocks/fossils, old items, etc).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I'm owner material, but would anyone be interested in joining (or running) an insect/entomology club? One of my favorite hobbies is looking for and taking pics of insects, especially moths and caterpillars! Or maybe a general "outdoors exploration" club where we can share anything interesting we find outside (animals, plants, rocks/fossils, old items, etc).

You're definitely not alone, some interest was expressed in an insect club here back in the spring. I remember Pure Essence mentioned that this would be an awesome club, I'm not sure if they just want to join one or actually make one themselves, so I dropped them a quick private message asking if they had any plans, and see what they're up to. I'll let you know if I hear anything back, but if they don't plan to make it or I just don't get a reply I think you should go ahead and create a lovely insect display case for us to gather around.

I love butterflies, lady bugs, dragon flies, spiders galore. Some of my favorite bug Pokemon include Volcarona, Butterfree, Scolipoede, Araquanid and Frosmoth. So I'd be willing to join. I think you'd be a good club owner.

Outdoors/Nature club would also have an audience here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I wouldn't mind an outdoor / nature club as well. :D I always love outdoors as long as its not ungodly hot.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Outdoors/Nature club would also have an audience here.

I wouldn't mind an outdoor / nature club as well. :D I always love outdoors as long as its not ungodly hot.

I'm actually working on CSS for this club in my Scrapbox right now! :D Since I'm putting it together, are there any recommendations you guys have for the club? :)

EDIT: I'd be more than happy to incorporate entomology as well!

Back