• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Years
  • Oh, I love this! I'll take chai tea with one sugar and a good dash of milk! <333 I haven't heard of snickerdoodles before but I can never resist a cookie!!

How is everyone? I hope more people discover this lovely corner of PC while they're under stay-at-home orders; it's a really nice way to connect! :)

Thank you dear! *Pours tea from the kettle
    Into your cup.*

Make sure you eat all of the snickerdoodles before Lina comes back, nobody hates this cookie more. 😈 wait a sec... It's not snickerdoodles, it's sugar cookies she's got the addiction too that's it! Yes, eat up those!

My favorite cookie is chocolate chip--which was invented in the USA I might add. My next favorite being ginger molasses.

Oh by the way Annie, I know your internet often goes slightly mad, but just in case I thought I would let you know as a member we still have a couple of Shiny dragons left from last months giveaway at Dragon Ascent like gible, goomy and charmander. I can hold one to trade you if you're interested. <3

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Thank you dear! *Pours tea from the kettle
    Into your cup.*

Make sure you eat all of the snickerdoodles before Lina comes back, nobody hates this cookie more. 😈 wait a sec... It's not snickerdoodles, it's sugar cookies she's got the addiction too that's it! Yes, eat up those!

My favorite cookie is chocolate chip--which was invented in the USA I might add. My next favorite being ginger molasses.

Oh by the way Annie, I know your internet often goes slightly mad, but just in case I thought I would let you know as a member we still have a couple of Shiny dragons left from last months giveaway at Dragon Ascent like gible, goomy and charmander. I can hold one to trade you if you're interested. <3

Oh, in that case, I'll make sure to leave a good plate of these snicker—um, sugar cookies aside for Lina when she pops round! I'm sure she'd appreciate it! :')

Chocolate chips are my favourite, too! They're so good! I also ADORE sandwich cookies with different sweet fillings! <3

My WiFi has been acting up lately—it won't work on my iPad for some reason—but we can still give it a try! What time are you available to trade? I can check in just about any time if necessary, except for the mornings in my GMT+8 time zone. Also, if you have shiny Trapinch, I'd love that as a huge Flygon fan. :) As for nicknames you can call him/her "Stormfly" if that's not too much trouble!

Let me know! ^ ^

EDIT: Oh, by the way, Ultra Moon is my game of choice!

Years
  • Thank you dear! *Pours tea from the kettle
    Into your cup.*

Oh, Sam, you are a sneaky one! Didn't think I'd see this, did you? I'll remember this the next time I have chocolate chip cookies! I'll make sure to share them with miss Annie and not you!!

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Oh, in that case, I'll make sure to leave a good plate of these snicker—um, sugar cookies aside for Lina when she pops round! I'm sure she'd appreciate it! :')

Chocolate chips are my favourite, too! They're so good! I also ADORE sandwich cookies with different sweet fillings! <3

I do appreciate it! Thank you for your consideration, hun! You're very thoughtful, unlike Sam.

Anyways, I hope all is well with you! It's so lovely to see you around the clubhouse.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My WiFi has been acting up lately—it won't work on my iPad for some reason—but we can still give it a try! What time are you available to trade? I can check in just about any time if necessary, except for the mornings in my GMT+8 time zone. Also, if you have shiny Trapinch, I'd love that as a huge Flygon fan. :) As for nicknames you can call him/her "Stormfly" if that's not too much trouble!

Let me know! ^ ^

EDIT: Oh, by the way, Ultra Moon is my game of choice!

Ryo has taken home that nice shiny Jolly trapinch I captured. It was one of the first to go. The shinies we have left over from the giveaway are charmander, gible, goomy and swablu... that is if you want a Pokemon that is competitive. The ones I listed all have good natures, and good IVs, some have their hidden ability and egg moves. However if you really have your heart set on trapinch in particular and don't care what nature it has then I *might* have something for you, and it can be named, message me on this business matter!

Oh, Sam, you are a sneaky one! Didn't think I'd see this, did you? I'll remember this the next time I have chocolate chip cookies! I'll make sure to share them with miss Annie and not you!!

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Got me all wrong. There is a good reason I tried to eat all the sugar cookies before you got here. You see there's actually someone lurking in the forum who pours salt into cookies. I know, shocking! The cookies you are about to eat are filled salt! I was trying to eat them up to shield you from a salty mouthful of sugar cookies. I knew if you saw that plate you wouldn't be able to resist. Sometimes a true friend has to save you from yourself ;)

I took a photo the cookie salter. They're standing in shadow, but it may still prove valuable evidence for the police.

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Ryo has taken home that nice shiny Jolly trapinch I captured. It was one of the first to go. The shinies we have left over from the giveaway are charmander, gible, goomy and swablu... that is if you want a Pokemon that is competitive. The ones I listed all have good natures, and good IVs, some have their hidden ability and egg moves. However if you really have your heart set on trapinch in particular and don't care what nature it has then I *might* have something for you, and it can be named, message me on this business matter!

Oh, that's perfectly fine! Natures don't matter to me, I just adore the aesthetics of shiny Flygon. ^_^ But otherwise, I can take Swablu since its shiny is so beautiful! No need to go out of your way! :)

Since we're still on the subject of sweet food, what are everyone's Easter plans? Let's hear your favourite chocolate treats!

Years
  • Sent a pm about trading.

I am excited for Easter. It won't be the busiest Easter, most churches here are not having service and there are no Easter parades, but I still plan to make the most of this lovely time of year.

Over at the Four Seasons Club we're dying Easter eggs, and everyone is encouraged to post photos this weekend. This event is open to anyone who wants to join. There's also lots of beautiful things growing right now, the rose bushes are starting to flower in my backyard. There's wisteria, azaleas, and I plan to make a floral arrangement at home on Easter. The weather has also been so warm and heavenly.

My mother and I give eachother small presents on Easter. She wanted another rose bush--she can't get enough. This is the one she wanted The La Parke Floribunda.
    Spoiler:

I wanted chocolates for Easter. I asked for Anthon Berg. They sell a golden box of candy that's made like a wine cabinet with paper doors that open. Inside their are rows of chocolates sitting on the shelves wrapped in colored foil and shaped like bottles. It's very cute, and the candy is the best. That's my Easter candy. I can't wait to open it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Due to the current circumstances family stuff isn't going to be a thing this Easter. So for me its just another couple regular recluse days.

I ought to write some things about the manga series that I've recently read instead of doing nerdy computer stuff and watching too many documentaries and talks about quantum physics. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Easter isn't going to be very busy for me either. One part which luckily didn't change is the Easter breakfast with my close family: eggs, green onion, boiled ham, horseradish and french salad (the thing with mayo and diced pickles, carrot, potato, peas and eggs that every nation seems to call differently). Unfortunately, no home-baked bread this year, as we were unable to get our hands on any yeast these past 3 weeks. Helping mom with the Easter bread has become sort of a tradition and I did feel it was missing this afternoon.
    We realized we had no egg dyes at home, so we had to improvise a bit. The good ol' trusty method of boiling them with onion peels worked out great. We tried using the cherry cake dye and while not as vibrant red, the result was pleasant.
    For yellow, we mixed a ton of curry powder with water. Eggs were a bit slimy on the outside when we took them out, but after wiping them, they did receive a nice yellow color.
    For green we tried spinach and nettle aaaand... it didn't work. At all. They remained the same color. No green eggs this year.
    I took 3 eggs and drew a bird on each. I've been doing this for the last couple of years and I'll post the pictures of this and previous years eggs in the Four Seasons Club tomorrow.

Years
  • LucarioBread's Easter Eggs were stunning!

Morning everyone. I have a delicious double dark chocolate muffins I'm starting my day with as a shiny hunt for a Pikachu to make a shiny Alolan Raichu out of, fits with my chocolate theme.

I thought I would post here because I had a new idea for a club, but want to test to see if anyone was interested in joining before making it in case it's too niche. How about a mystery theme club?

I'm writing a story where one of the characters is a jewel thief, and doing research for this fic has really gotten me fascinated with genre as a whole.

I would try to make a mystery club very broad. There would be games in this club with clues to look for, maybe riddles to solve or puzzles. If you like reading Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew or Agatha Christie, detective novels, enjoy heist movies crime drama tv shows then this club would be a place for you.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • A mystery club would be epic. As a fan of Gravity falls and one of my favorite books being a mystery, I would join in a heartbeat.

Also, insect club when

Years
  • A mystery club would be epic. As a fan of Gravity falls and one of my favorite books being a mystery, I would join in a heartbeat.

Also, insect club when

Awesome! Would love to have you. I'll jot your name down as a v.i.p. If I can find at least 2-3 more members who also want to solve crimes with us then I'll start building a mystery club, and send you and Dragon invitation the moment it's ready!!

I'm also intrigued by a club for insects. I do love spiders, butterflies, lady bugs and more. Would this be a nature club about real world insects, or a club for bug Pokémon and trainers or all of the above? <3

You already know my answer — You know how much I love mystery, hehe.

It would be great to have a mystery writer and roleplayer among our ranks!

I came across an interesting YouTube video this week about a fascinating man, Yoshie Shiratori, whom I call the Hoodini of Japan. I was thinking of sharing this with The Ghost Hunter's history club Whispers of the Past since Shiratori lived during WWII. However, it seems we have mystery lovers hanging out here in the coffee lounge so you guys might also be interested to hear about these miraculous escapes from prison that stunned the country in case you haven't before. His creativity and determination is amazing, and it's an emotional story that I had to share somewhere.

Why not here in our DCC?

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Gosh damn, I just realised there's no Final Fantasy club! I'm really getting into FF XIV (Online); would anyone be interested in a club focused on Online or just FF in general?

@Detectives club, I like it! Midsommer Murders is like the show my family watches, and before that it was Bones.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Gosh damn, I just realised there's no Final Fantasy club! I'm really getting into FF XIV (Online); would anyone be interested in a club focused on Online or just FF in general?

Actually, there was one like... a while back ago. It died though because the clubs weren't really active enough for it. You should totally consider creating a new one! I would join it since I love the FF series bunches. :3 Rikku Al Bhed is my waifu because she helped me realize that I was bi and liked girls. >w<

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Actually, there was one like... a while back ago. It died though because the clubs weren't really active enough for it. You should totally consider creating a new one! I would join it since I love the FF series bunches. :3 Rikku Al Bhed is my waifu because she helped me realize that I was bi and liked girls. >w<
    I'll be honest, my 'search' was basically just using the search function at the top of the page, and PC's ability to match words to threads isn't that...great. It's definitely possible that I missed it!

Rikku is a great pick! I'd look forward to seeing you there my friend.

Years

@Detectives club, I like it! Midsommer Murders is like the show my family watches, and before that it was Bones.

There's a Fire Emblem club, and a few other video games clubs like Monster Hunters and Smash, but there's definitely no Final Fantasy club in this Clubhouse. So make away my bro!

Also am really happy to see there's definitely going to be enough love for a mystery club between the four of us, and we'll no doubt find more partners in crime along the way. So I'll get to work on css, and some ideas. See you at the bureau!

Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

On a side note, I have a question for all of you cool cats hanging out in the coffee lounge drinking mocha. I have a fan club known as Bishounen/Shoujo Land, for fangirls and boys to celebrate their favorite character crushes from all across videogame franchises, animation, comic books and more. Last summer we held a site-wide event called The Bishie Awards. There was a division for Bishonen and Bishoujo, and every member of the Bishie Club was allowed to nominate up to 3 cuties for each division, and the entries were compiled into polls open to everyone on the forum to vote on the king and queen of bishies. Below is the club, so you can see how that works.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=418094&page=3

The next link shows the award ceremony. Last year's winner were Cynthia from Pokemon, and Portgas D. Ace from One Piece. I was thinking of doing The Bishie Awards again this summer, and having Cynthia and Portgas co-hosting as last year's winners to pass the crown.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=421268

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10034263#post10034263

I had fun with this, and wanted to know if anyone would be up for participating in this event again? Last year the ceremony was at the end of May, so if the interest is there I'd love to do this each May as an annual event.

Have we got any takers? Last year my girl Esmeralda from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame was super close to victory, maybe this year who knows?

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I'll be honest, my 'search' was basically just using the search function at the top of the page, and PC's ability to match words to threads isn't that...great. It's definitely possible that I missed it!

Rikku is a great pick! I'd look forward to seeing you there my friend.

My favorite male is Snow Villiers. One is because his english VA is my hero, and two because me & my bf have this thing with Serah x Snow since we first met. <3 I had the pleasure of meeting Troy in 2012 at an anime con, and I got a cameo from him recently. He's sweet, amazing and a real angel. <3

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I've been replaying Pokemon Platinum lately (still can't believe it was 10 years ago that I first played it). I've cleared the post-game routes and caught most legendaries, now I'm breeding Pokemon for the Frontier and derping in the Sinnoh Underground. Underground, especially, has been a nostalgia trip for me, I've spent countless hours there when I was younger. It also triggered a memory: it's summer 2010, I'm with my DS on our balcony trying to dig up Old Amber, my mom is preparing her teaching schedule for the next school year just across me when my dad comes outside to tell us something exciting. He has to go on a business trip to Vienna again, but has also decided to take a couple of days off so he can stay a bit longer and spend those days with us there. It was my first ever trip outside the country and I've been in love with Vienna ever since (which I luckily got to visit several times since then).
    I have a bunch of specific memory connections like this so it got me thinking - what about a memories/nostalgia club? Basically, sharing stories like: "hey when I was trying to catch Regirock as a kid my mom made some fresh cookies". Little things that you remember vividly from your past that make you feel nostalgic.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I wish I could play Pokemon Y, but my 2DS is broken. I'm putting off getting a new one for a while. Mostly, because I plan on getting another Cameo from Troy Baker for my boyfriend. He's been dealing with a hard case of depression. Troy is really inspiring and what not. He understands those sorts of things, and I'm really hoping he can offer my bf some support and advice to hopefully overcome it. :( It's for my boyfriend's birthday, so he doesn't know yet. <3 There's only so much for I, myself, can do to pull my bf out of his slump. ;o;

FYI: Cameo is a website where you can have certain celebs do things by request. With Troy, you can have him do character voices or sing or whatever. Just saying.

Years
  • I have a bunch of specific memory connections like this so it got me thinking - what about a memories/nostalgia club? Basically, sharing stories like: "hey when I was trying to catch Regirock as a kid my mom made some fresh cookies". Little things that you remember vividly from your past that make you feel nostalgic.

That sounds like a nice club. Everyone has memories or something that they are nostalgic about. I think it would be an easy one to join and dive into the conversation about it. I have hopes for such a club LucarioBread.

Back