• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Language Is

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What's your main language/first language/native language? Mine is English, but I know there are people here that speak different languages here as their mother tongue, so I got curious!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Mine would be English. Though I did take German in high school and Japanese in college. I've also tried to learn ASL because of working with the public at my job.

Years
  • English.

A tiny part of me though kinda wishes I was taught Spanish from a young age but for understandable reasons, I wasn't.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • A super cool language!!! :DDDD

English. :l
    Or really, American English.
    Or what I like to call English (Simplified).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Just English for me. I really wish I'd been raised bilingual but alas my parents also only speak English and I never attended a school that offered even French Immersion until grade 7. :(

Years
  • English. Have taught myself some basic Japanese and took Turkish in highschool, though I forgotten most of it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Swedish :)

I'd like to say I'm fluent in English even when spoken these days though. I speak English all day at work and also at home. And with you lot.

Years
  • russian
    Though I only ever speak it to the family, and it's been over a month since I'm abroad atm. Mom said I was getting rusty after we called a few days ago lol. Although I'm mostly fluent in Russian, I still speak English much better, having been immersed in it for way longer.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    German. So, if you ever find yourself wondering why some of my sentences sound so complicated: that's why.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • english, but i took french on and off during both high school and college. i can still read it alright, but not as well as i previously could. can't speak much a lick of it, but i know the basics and it wouldn't be too hard to brush up on it if i ever needed to.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Cantonese was my first language! Apparently I was fluent in it until around the time I started attending school because after that everything was taught in English, and since my family was fluent in English as well they'd usually just speak it at home to me, with some Cantonese. (they would switch languages mid-sentence a lot) So over time I lost quite a lot of ability to understand / speak Cantonese but definitely not too hopeless at it. :D

Back