Snow Delivery Dog

Age 26
Female
Canada
Online now
Posted 20 Hours Ago
517 posts
5.4 Years
I'm neutral on Pikachu, I don't hate it but I'm not a huge fan of it either. Despite this, I feel it does work as a mascot because it's both cool and cute as well as it being relatively easy to draw because of its simplicity.

I do prefer Raichu much more though.

Woof Woof~!

Curly Brace

Mistakes were made

Age 17
Male
Mimiga Town
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
4,712 posts
8.1 Years
Pikachu is alright in its own series. I'm not bothered by it getting as much love from Game Freak as it has been, since it's the series mascot and all.

But in Smash? Yeesh. Terrifying.

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
3,053 posts
5.7 Years
I like the entirety of the Pikachu line. I especially love Raichu, but I've always felt it was the most under represented of the line. That being said I was pleasantly surprised to see it get some love when they came out with Alolan Raichu. The only thing that annoys me about Pikachu are the copies of it they make every new generation.

Mystical Isa

Dragon Tamer

Female
Ecuador
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
107 posts
5.5 Years
Pikachu as a Pokémon is OK. Not one of my favorite but I don't particularly dislike it either. It's cute and fun, and Pikachu as a character is cool too. I liked the story it got on season one of the anime and how it seems like he uses "Pika Pi" when referring to Ash.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
5,215 posts
10.9 Years
I kind of used to despise Pikachu? But I don't know, these days I'm pretty fine with it. I've started collecting a lot of Pikachu merch, so I guess I like him quite a lot more these days than I used to. I might try using one if I restart any Pokemon games from the previous generations, maybe, it has been quite a long time since I've used a Pikachu in battle...
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Go

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
628 posts
2 Years
I think Pikachu is absolutely adorable! I love Pikachu's contribution specifically in the anime, its bond with Ash is heartwarming to see! Also, I don't think there could be a better mascot for the brand. However, I do feel that Pichu and Raichu are somewhat underrepresented in comparison to Pikachu.

Unlike some, I actually am fond of the Pikachu "copies" that are introduced in each region. This is because I don't really see them as rip-offs of Pikachu and I think that the majority of them have interesting design concepts. Pachirisu is my favourite by far, it's just a bundle of cuteness.
Advertiser Content