• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem - Direct and titles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • We got a lot of info from the FE Direct earlier today, more than I expected frankly. We got FE mobile game info and a (short) bit of info on FE warriors, but also learnt:

- FE Warriors on 3DS, not just Switch. This frankly surprises me.

- new FE game this year for 3DS, FE Shadows of Valentia Echoes. Gaiden remake (FE2), May 19th. This looks cool! But I need to beat Fates first, whoops. Meanwhile, that "Echoes" title is curious - it's not necessary to have given the other. Unless it's a name for a series of FE remake games...

- new FE game next year for Switch! No title or footage.

The FE Mobile game, FE Heroes, seems interesting. Free to play, microtransactions for orbs (which you can also earn through gameplay). You need orbs for Stamina to play maps. Gameplay is a simplified version of FE games, features old characters with new art, and seems alright to me, I will try until hitting a paywall. Feb 2nd on Android, 'soon' for iOS. Also has a character voting webpage which nets you 200 Platinum coins for MyNintendo and wallpapers for top 12 male and female characters voted for in the FE series!

Anyways, thoughts on the new FE stuff we can look forward to?

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Damn Celica, you looking fine

Echoes being a remake series was what I was thinking too. It'd make sense to start with Gaiden, seeing as though we already have Shadow Dragon for the DS. I guess it would cover all of the Japanese only games, but I wouldn't even be mad if they extended it to the GBA titles.

I already know I'll end up getting FE Warriors, I don't really want gameplay footage as I already know what to expect, but I'd really like to see some of the character lineup. Hopefully it's not just full of Awakening and Fates characters.

Also, is that an important character Anna I see in Heroes?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm legit getting all of these. SOOO excited. Ever since I got fates I promised myself to get every game that comes out. It's just so good.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • FE WARRIORS BABY! RIP AND TEAR!

Its been years since I've wanted an actual FE game where we control the characters with some juicy real time combat. And given how much of a success Hyrule Warriors were, I can definitely see Koei-Tecmo and Nintendo produce a magnificent masterpiece.

Oh and it being available on the 3DS is a huge deal. I'm skeptical at how it will run though but whatever, Fall 2017 baby

Years
  • FE WARRIORS BABY! RIP AND TEAR!

Its been years since I've wanted an actual FE game where we control the characters with some juicy real time combat. And given how much of a success Hyrule Warriors were, I can definitely see Koei-Tecmo and Nintendo produce a magnificent masterpiece.

Oh and it being available on the 3DS is a huge deal. I'm skeptical at how it will run though but whatever, Fall 2017 baby
    A New 3ds to be exact and I think the original 3ds will be eliminated as we get further into the switch life cycle and the new 3ds will get games catered to it hopefully.

Years
  • I had been wondering if they would announce a new 3DS FE game during the Direct, but I certainly wasn't expecting a Gaiden remake of all things. I had always thought that Genealogy of the Holy War would be the next one to be remade since it's where the whole pairing mechanic came from, or maaaaaybe Blazing Sword since it's Blazing Sword. Although I'm sort of glad it's not Blazing Sword since it's... not my favorite

And yay Fire Emblem Switch.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Who was a expecting a Gaiden remake? lol. I've played the original game, and while it's fun, it isn't the best aged game so it's definitely deserving of a remake. They even got Hidari for the character designs which is awesome. Hope this means that Genealogy of the Holy War, and Thracia 776 will eventually get remakes down the line.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I only started playing the FE series when Awakening came out, and I fell in love with it (or rather, Lyssa) right away. Pretty excited for the remakes of the older games (which I've never even seen gameplay of before) coming to the 3DS. I will most likely pick them up on release!

As for FE Warriors, I'm not 100% sure if I'm into the 'Warriors' games. They seem like a fun, blow-off steam and no thinking require kind of game but... idk if it's something I'd want to spend money and time on. Who knows, I may pick it up eventually since it will be available for 3DS.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • The instant I heard 'Mila', I audibly said "there's no way they're remaking Gaiden". Lo and behold, we have a Gaiden remake, lol. Honestly, I was expecting Genealogy as well to be next-in-line. But, hey, Gaiden has more to gain from a remake, it's definitely a good time to give this black sheep a little polishing, and probably the best game to start off for the Echoes sub-series.

I'm pumped for Shadows of Valentia. Looks pretty slick, and I'm surprised that IS has held off on this long from showing it. Hidari for character designs is great choice - absolutely loved their work in the Dusk sub-series from Atelier - and they're already doing a good job, as I'm definitely liking the look of Celica and Saber. Can't wait to see how their interpretation on a certain trio and Zeke are like.

Gameplay-wise, I'm actually curious on what they're keeping, lol. It looks like Bows are retaining the 1-5 range, since there was a little tidbit of an archer counterattacking at one range. No weapon durability and world map; also, we have dates for some odd reason? If we have dungeon-crawling returning, then walking around towns is probably a given. Promotion is still done at statues, and it looks like the mechanics are the same since I saw Grey getting a Cavalier's base stats on promotion. I really, really hope that they don't keep some of the maps the same. I don't think I can stomach that much square boats again or square maps, in general.. (I also really, really hope they do some minor tweaking to the story, but I don't think that's going to happen...)

There's definitely new things going to be added it seems like. Already we can see a new character in Alm's story, named Effie? (no, not Fates Effie.)

Fire Emblem Warriors is still cool. Still fearful that the cast might be 3DS + Smash reps, but here's to hoping that it won't be. Honestly, SoV sapped away my hype for this, lol.

Fire Emblem Switch... is nice to hear about?

Fire Emblem Heroes sounds like a typical mobage. I'll probably play it. I do appreciate the effort in making new art and even getting ENGLISH voices, no less for some of the older cast, though. Lilina's voice is too high for my taste, as an addendum. But, Narcian's was spot on.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is Warriors gonna be on the Wii U as well or is it only 3DS and Switch?

Not really planning to play Heroes, as phone gaming is something I've never cared for at all.

Also would be nice to hear more about this Switch title but I assume that we didn't hear anything about it because they don't really have much other than "we're gonna do a FE game on the Switch". Probably just started developing it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Warriors is just for the New 3DS, which is not a surprise given how Hyrule Warriors ran on the old models, and the Switch. The Wii U is pretty much done; Breath of the Wild is the console's final release.

Reactions: Nah

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Is Warriors gonna be on the Wii U as well or is it only 3DS and Switch?

Not really planning to play Heroes, as phone gaming is something I've never cared for at all.

Also would be nice to hear more about this Switch title but I assume that we didn't hear anything about it because they don't really have much other than "we're gonna do a FE game on the Switch". Probably just started developing it.
    No mention of Wii U for FE Warriors. As for the other FE Switch game, I'm willing to bet on more info at E3 for it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Really excited for Echoes because I thought Gaiden was a really fun to play, especially for it's time! I do hope and look forward to the updates and redesigns they make for this game, because there are indeed various stuff that needs updating. Like I hope they'll make the monsters cool, like the Zombies, the Gargoyles and the Dragons... but most importantly I hope they redesign the map very good because, it wasn't that pleasing. >>

Fire Emblem Warriors looks cool so far. I loved the music and what they did for Hyrule Warriors, so, I hope they'll do even more improvements for Fire Emblem Warriors. ^^

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Warriors is great, but I'm more excited about Gaiden being remade as well. If it does well we might get a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War, which is my favorite game in the series. Already preordered!

Though, I am kind of salty they didn't announce Corrin's amiibo.

Back