• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Have you pre-ordered yet?

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I pre-ordered both, one for myself the other for my wife, the day they were avalible for pre-order ^^

Years
  • Not yet. Although it's highly likely I'm going to pick one up anyway, I really want to see some sort of trailer or something giving me that extra push to pre-order either game. As of currently, I'd be reaching in the dark and I'd like a little more info about what I'd be getting myself into with game exclusives and the like.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not yet; not sure if I'd do digital or store, really, and there's not that many options for it here. IDK if there's even the chance of a preorder bonus here (one reason why I would preorder...)

Years
  • My boyfriend and I will definitely preorder once it gets closer to release date. I'll be doing in-store pickup versus delivery, though, because delivery always comes super late for me. @_@

Cid

Years
  • I have not. We barely know anything about the games yet. It'd be premature to pre-order, even if you can cancel your pre-order.

Years
  • i normally wait until christmas to get the pokemon games tbh but if the release date is like early october (which it probably won't be) then I might. But if the amazon release date that says December 31st is true, then the game is gonna lose a LOT of christmas sales.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    No, not yet. Just waiting on that one thing that makes me run out and do so.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • i normally wait until christmas to get the pokemon games tbh but if the release date is like early october (which it probably won't be) then I might. But if the amazon release date that says December 31st is true, then the game is gonna lose a LOT of christmas sales.

December 31st was a placeholder until an actual release date was revealed. The Direct stated that the release date was going to be November 15.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • i pre-ordered back in april since you don't exactly have to pay until release date and can cancel whenever. pokemon on switch was always going to be a day one purchase for me unless they did a disastrous job of it which definitely doesn't seem to be the case after today's trailer!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm probably going to get Sword now that we know what the legendaries look like but I'll still wait until we get more version-exclusive-info before making the preorder.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2019
    Possibly closer to release date. I usually don't pre-order games, but if it's a game I'm definitely going to buy, I don't mind.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Not yet, but I probably will sometime in the next couple of months. I want to find out if the US version of the dual pack includes the steel book or anything else extra before deciding what to get, as I'll probably get both games.

I also still need to figure out what the deal is with preordering stuff from Best Buy before my GCU runs out in August (I'm not clear on whether I'll get 20% off so long as I order before it runs out, or if it only applies to games that come out before then). If I can get discounts so long as I preorder by the end of August, I'll probably preorder everything I plan on buying for the rest of the year after E3.

I do generally preorder these days for the convenience and peace of mind, at least for franchises I know I'll end up picking up regardless of reviews. That way, I don't spend as much time obsessing over something I'll ultimately end up buying anyway, leaving me with more time to either get work done or actually play games.

Eldegoss

[i]The Beauty of Galar[/i]
    Years
  • Pre-ordered both versions! The new trailer has shown enough to keep me happy in a new Pokemon game. All new features and Pokemon from here onwards will be great!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • No - I know I'm going to get it, but I never make a final decision on which version to get until I know what the version exclusives are.

Back