• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danced with Death

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Well I was riding my bike one time and I almost got hit by a car.
    I'm really glad I looked behind me.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Today I put some noodles in the microwave but I was supposed to put the lid loosely on but I put it on tightly and all the water evaporated and created a ton of pressure so I had to stop the microwave and open the container to let the gasses out and I thought the container was going to explode D: but it didn't I'm fine.

DeusPro

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I have brittle bone disease/Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Even though it's a milder version it still sucks. When I was 8 I fell down head first from my dad's pickup while getting out of the car. It is an absolute miracle I wasn't sent to the hospital with a broken skull, much less that I was scratch free. Personally that's the closest I've gotten to death, but maybe not as close as I may think.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I got into a pretty serious car crash in 2009. A lady hit me going 80 in a 25. She ran a stop sign and hit the front half of my car barely missing where I was sitting, if I had been a few inches further up I probably wouldn't be around today. I have a pretty serious case of PTSD due to the event but I'm just grateful to be alive.

pkmin3033

My appendix almost burst when I was six; that might have killed me. My parents didn't believe I was ill until I literally couldn't move from pain. That incident actually ruined my life in a lot of ways I still can't really deal with.

I've also nearly been hit by cars and trains several times, because I'm reckless and stupid on occasion and don't practice proper road safety when I'm in a hurry. That hasn't happened for a while, but when I was in College and was going to be late for a lesson if I didn't catch the train...yeah.

There are a couple of other times, but I probably shouldn't talk about those.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • well, when i was a kid, like two or three, i had a severe case of pneumonia and was in the hospital for a while because of it. the doctors thought i wouldn't survive but i did (unfortunately). i don't remember any of it because i was too little, but my parents told me about it.

i've also almost gotten into serious accidents. people running red lights right in front of me. if i were there a few seconds earlier, i would have gotten fucked up bad probably.

Years
  • I had an allergic reaction to medication twice and nearly suffocated (different meds, same time period) and I've been zapped by a dodgy power point twice (thankfully it didn't cause any real harm).

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • 5 years ago my area was struck by an earthquake, luckily my house was able to hang on, just some minor damage but some others didn't.
    I was so focused on escaping that while everything was shaking, some glass fell on the ground and broke, I stepped on it, and I didn't notice that until I stopped running and looked at my foot.
    Not to mention I had middle school finals that year and my books were stuck at home, I had nothing but a tablet to study (that I have been able to take with me afterwards) and because of this I spent my first 2 years of high school in some containers.

Truly a terrible experience.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've been hit by a car once but that was never enough to could have killed me. Now when I slipped in the shower last summer I really thought I was gonna die there and then. 'Luckily' I only hit my forehead against the sink and nothing more, but the incident left a really bad scare/paranoia in me. I'm not entering a shower withhout flip-flops anymore at least.

Years
  • > got in a motorcycle accident and would have been hit again by a speeding jeep if i didn't manage to wake up from the crash and quickly go to the sidewalks
    > fell sleep while floating in the ocean; woke up on shore. thankfully the waves were nice and floated me back to safety.
    > almost suffocated as a kid due to an asthma attack and only went to the hospital when my mother believed that i really couldn't breathe.
    > a lot of times where i almost got hit by cars when i was crossing the street because i suck at it even when i look both ways rip.
    > if you count rollercoasters then i guess that counts??? since i love them so much???

i don't remember any others but HEY STILL ALIVE it's something

She can't remember any more because the brain injuries caused by her daily near death experiences cause her to forget.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    When I was younger, I used to do a lot of snowboard freestyle/park. At 16, I was pretty young and stupid, and one day I decided to attempt to land double cork on the big air without any proper warmup. I overshot by about 30 feet and landed right on my left knee, exploding my knee cap and tearing my ligaments on impact. I don't remember much of the fall, but I ended up with a busted knee and two dislocated shoulders. I am extremely lucky to not have broken my spine and neck, and my helmet probably saved my life. I'm still thankful my parents always forced me to wear one.

I've done a lot of stupid shit that resulted in me being injured or rushed to the hospital, but that one is probably the worst lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had a blood disease when I was around 10-12 years old. While I was being treated for it, I was also given the wrong medicine once, so I could've died of cardiac arrest. Those were some bad times. :[

string555

Banned
    Years
  • When I was maybe about 3, I walked right out into the street in front of my Grandparent's house, there was a truck coming. If my Mom hadn't stepped out and waved down the truck, I probably would have been hit and or crushed.

There was nothing else until I was about 16-17, after having a couple of teeth pulled, the bleeding would not stop. The first night, I thought it had stopped finally, so I laid down and went to sleep. In the middle of the night, I woke up from feeling wet on my face. After turning on the light, I saw that about half of the pillow was covered in blood. I ended up bleeding a lot for the next few days, until I went in again and this time they stitched it. I can't say for certain if this was close to death, but it seems like I bled a hell of a lot during those few days. :/

Then a few other times, not sure if the car was going fast enough to be fatal, but I almost got hit crossing a valid crosswalk. The problem with these 2 crosswalks that I've gone on many times is that for some reason they're set up so the walk sign goes at the same time as the light for turning. The drivers are suppose to pay attention to any crossers, but many don't seem to notice and just drive right through. :/

Oh, I remembered another one from when I was 17. My friend used to sell bud, one day he stupidly sold to some 12 year old kid. It turned out that kid was related to some local gang members. One day, I was in his car, and we pulled up somewhere, at the same time some other car pulled up next to us. A guy got out and walked around to the other side of the car. I looked in the back seat of the other car, and saw a guy all tatted up over his face. I thought "Oh great, this looks bad". After having a talk with my friend, the guy said he was going to waste both of us, but he decided not to, so he sent the other car away.

Another time with that same friend (lol), he showed me this street that was suppose to be empty, so he kind of sped really fast and tried to drift around the corner. As we came around the corner, it was full of cars coming the other way. He turned quick, and we ended up doing a harsh 180 to the side of the street. I think if his car wasn't so bottom-heavy, we would have flipped over easily. :/

Fun times. :D

>:/

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I guess the closest I have been to death was when my bronchial spasms were at their peak a couple years ago and I was spasming so bad that I could barely breathe and I had to go to the ER. At the ER, they cleared my throat so I could breathe, but I got exercise-induced asthma as a result of the spasms. I had to use an inhaler twice a day and as needed for a while and I also received exercise-induced asthma. But thankfully that only lasted a couple months and I dont need an inhaler anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Was with my aunts boyfriend, and he ran a red light, nearly getting us killed by a massive truck leaving an intersection

Later on, we were in a bad area, and I entered a black car. Only it wasn't his black car.

His reaction:

"You know they carry here. You're lucky nobody else saw that."

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    When I was a kid, I almost choked to death on a Cheerio because I couldn't prevent a sneeze while I was eating them.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I almost had to meet Rabinov in person but I dodged a bullet with that one.

*deep exhale of relief*

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I almost had to meet Rabinov in person but I dodged a bullet with that one.

*deep exhale of relief*
    PLS SRS OMG

I nearly volted with my tiny car on an extremely icy winter road. There was a pretty steep fall just at the edge of the road, a few meters height. The car spun around horizontally but managed to stop tilted in the grass just by the road without flipping over. It scarred me a bit c:

Back