• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is preferred? Ceruledge or Armarouge?

Which Do you prefer? Armarouge or Ceruledge?

• Total voters
Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    You see, I thought Ceruledge would be much more popular than Armarouge, but the more I see, the more I see both Armarouge lovers. So which is preferred? I'm very curious, I'd go with Ceruledge because It is basically Gallade, I may even prefer it to Gallade when Scarlet and Violet Come out!

Featured-Pokemon-Scarlet-and-Violet-Who-are-the-two-new-humanoid-Pokemon-in-Pokemon-Scarlet-and-Violet-900x506.jpg

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I personally prefer Ceruledge over Armarouge. Ceruledge looks like it's going to be the more offensive Pokémon with higher Attack stats and Armarouge looks more defensive. Going on the offensive is definitely my style of play. However, whether or not I would actually ever use either one of them depends on what their stats and movepools look like, which requires me to wait until the game is released to find out.

Years
  • Design wise Ceruledge has the edge for me, though neither really thrills me.

Typing wise I find Armarouge more interesting.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Ceruledge definitely. Although it's a bit too humanoid for me, I like it because it's my favourite type - Ghost.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Ceruledge, for both design and signature move. Favors a Fire-type Leech Life over a Fire-type Close Combat.

Brings a much better typing too (defensively, anyways). What does a Fire/Psychic type (Armarouge) have over Fire/Ghost (Ceruledge)? A Psychic resistance. What does Fire/Ghost have over Fire/Psychic? Normal immunity, Fighting immunity, Poison resistance, and a Bug double-resistance.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • I honestly like both, but Ceruledge a bit more. It looks so cool and mysterious! But there's still a place in my heart for the red Megaman.

Years
  • Both are fantastic designs but i way prefer ceruledge. Ghostly swordfighter just looks cool. That said, what are they? Mythical? Legendary? Uncommon? The fully evolved form of something we've yet to see?

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    My first reaction to them was "huh??? that's a Pokemon???" but they grew on me REALLY fast, especially when I read the description blurbs on the website... I love the Pulseman vibes they have

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think Armarouge is adorable and Ceruledge is cool. Don't think I can choose between them. I was Armarouge in a smol Discord collab because my friend liked Ceruledge c: But I do think Ceruledge's design is marginally cooler. Their names are also very clever and have a good sound which usually affects how well I like a pokémon, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Ceruledge looks so cool. The color, the swords. But after reading the comments here I also apprechiate Armarouge's Megaman-esque look.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Love 'em both but since I am using Armarouge in my Pokémon Scarlet journey I'm going to choose the psychic evolution of Charcadet here. With that said, Ceruledge is absolutely fascinating due to its fallen knight theme.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Even though I like Ceruledge less than back when I first saw it when revealed, I still do think it looks pretty cool. This might sound suprising but I actually don't like Armarouge. It feels like just the pre evo except stretched and clothes were slapped on, and to me it looks more like a rejected Mega Man character. And yes, I know "it doesn't look like a Pokemon" is a tired excuse.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ceruledgy is too edgy. So I'd prefer Armarouge if I had to choose one, although I don't like these kind of designs much.

Besides, the Fire/Ghost typing has been a bit overused at this point. Fire/Psychic is more unique as it was kind of exclusive to Delphox.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I would pick Ceruledge, if it hadn't been doing what so many other Sword's Dance priority attackers weren't already doing. I like that Armarouge has a unique attack/animation.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I personally prefer Ceruledge over Armarouge. Ceruledge looks like it's going to be the more offensive Pokémon with higher Attack stats and Armarouge looks more defensive. Going on the offensive is definitely my style of play. However, whether or not I would actually ever use either one of them depends on what their stats and movepools look like, which requires me to wait until the game is released to find out.

Well, now that the games are out, I can say that they're purely opposites. Armarouge is definitely more preferred in Doubles because of its Psychic-typing and ability to learn Expanding Force. Ceruledge is more preferred in Singles.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I'm really having a hard time voting here since there isn't a 'Both' option... I really don't have one that I prefer over the other design wise,
    but I guess Ceruledge has a more useful special move for Tera Raids with its life steal attack, so I guess it gets my vote.

Back