• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Hidden Ability Alola Region Starter Pokémon Now Available

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aaa I'd love to have that Primarina! ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*(*❦ω❦)*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, that's cool, I wasn't expecting them to get their HAs so soon. Incineroar very much appreciates having Intimidate instead of Blaze. Great that it's not some store-based distribution either.

But if I knew that we were gonna get these so soon I wouldn't have bred that Primarina.....now I gotta breed one all over again after getting this one

Years
  • Nice that they're finally coming out, even if needs a Pokemon Bank account active. But then again, I bet people will be breeding the hell out of these, like what happened when the HA Johto and Unova starters got released in OR/AS.

Incineroar will definitely see some rise in a tier or two with Intimidate now being a thing on it. Not sure if Decidueye and Primarina's HAs will improve them competitively, but we'll see how it plays out. Liquid Voice I think will probably see more Doubles usage for Primarina, since a Water-type Hyper Voice will have one advantage over Sparkling Aria, which is only hitting the opponent's side and not your own teammate.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    hell it's about time...
    Alolan starters were only starters without HA and they have pretty good HA too especially Decidueye and incineroar! intimidate is just SO GOOD on it... and longranch is good with leaf blade and newly added move to its movepool- shadow sneak.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree Decidueye got the worst of the three Abilities there. Incineroar should do pretty well with Intimidate! Primarina has a new toy for VGC too but I'm sceptical it'd help it out that much. We'll see.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Isn't Long Reach a solid ability as it stops damage from Rough Skin Garchomp and Rocky Helmet which is a more useful ability than Overgrow as with Overgrow Decidueye is just as likely to get knocked out then be in Overgrow range.

I will breed for a good Liquid Voice Primarina. Intimidate is very good on Incineroar but I already have some Intimidators on my team.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Isn't Long Reach a solid ability as it stops damage from Rough Skin Garchomp and Rocky Helmet which is a more useful ability than Overgrow as with Overgrow Decidueye is just as likely to get knocked out then be in Overgrow range.

I will breed for a good Liquid Voice Primarina. Intimidate is very good on Incineroar but I already have some Intimidators on my team.

I mean, it's better than Overgrow, but it isn't Intimidate or STAB Hyper Voice. Also the distr has no EMs on Decidueye because ugh.

Years
  • I mean, it's better than Overgrow, but it isn't Intimidate or STAB Hyper Voice. Also the distr has no EMs on Decidueye because ugh.

It's terrible that Decidueye, the most loved of the three, is getting the short end of the stick. It even failed to make the Top 10 most popular Alola Pokemon on a recent Japanese poll, yet both Incineroar and Primarina made it, with the latter coming in third place (behind Rowlet and Mimikyu).

Long Reach is better than Overgrow, but it likely won't improve as much as Incineroar and Primarina's abilities will. Intimidate will definitely make Incineroar get used more, while Liquid Voice will grant Primarina a new niche in doubles with STAB Hyper Voice.

Liquid Voice Primarina sounds great! I'm glad I renewed my Pokemon Bank subscription fairly recently.

Even for those not using Bank, I'm sure people will be breeding a ton of these starters for trading.

Last edited:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • im pretty sure decidueye is not the most loved of them it only seem to be the fave for edgy kids from what I have seen , primarina stil seem to be the one people like the most

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Got these today and got a Female Adamant Incineroar which I nicknamed Natalya. Only took one reset. :) I can breed for a Female Primarina.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Got these today and got a Female Adamant Incineroar which I nicknamed Natalya. Only took one reset. :) I can breed for a Female Primarina.

This Pokemon finally helped me get the Super Doubles Ribbon for 50 straight wins in Ultra Sun Battle Tree. Intimidate and Fake Out are very useful. The other members of the team were Charizard Y, Garchomp and Lilligant. :)

Last edited:
    Back