• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Christmas music!

Years
  • It's that time of the year again to be festive and listen to music of the season <3

What are some Christmas songs you like, or maybe even dislike?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    the first one i always put on is All I Want For Christmas. It's seriously just... the best one for getting into the early xmas mood 😇

Years
  • dunno about other countries, but here in the Philippines we blast Jose Mari Chan's Christmas in Our Hearts on repeat in malls and it's become the signal for the yuletide season being upon us.

imo, it's aight.

Years
  • I have 2 albums I listen to religiously particularly when I decorate ever since I was 9 years old. Chicago's What's It Gonna Be, Santa? and Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas Extraordinaire. Today I also enjoy Kalafina's Winter Acoustic album as well as μ's Snow halation in addition to my usualy VGM listening habits including Christmasy/Winter themed songs.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • The only Christmas song I like is Carol of the Bells, specifically the Trans Siberian Orchestra version. The other songs I don't particularly care for. If there's one song I wish didn't exist, it would be Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You." I don't get the trend of romantic Christmas music, and the sheer amount this song is played is irritating.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" will always be a classic for me.

I am always on the Pentatonix Christmas Train. I have all their Christmas albums, including the most recent one that came out this year.

Years
  • I've been stuck for a few weeks now with a song stuck in my head: a mashup between Don't Stop Me Now - Queen and All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey. Please send help (I don't dislike it. but it's permanently changed how I hear Mariah Carey's song)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • the entirety of dolly parton's holly dolly christmas is an absolute delight

Years
  • the entirety of dolly parton's holly dolly christmas is an absolute delight

it really is, i just...don't like the collab w Jimmy Fallon. Like..why??

i love christmas music so much!!! asdklfjasdfsd

All I Want For Christmas Is You is a definite bop, but.....where's the love in this thread for Santa Baby? Eartha Kitt's version of Santa Baby is probably my absolute favorite, but also I love Madonna's, Ariana's, and Kylie Minogue's!

Christmas Wrapping is always a cute song - The Spice Girls version is iconic af.

I also love Cher's cover of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) as well as Mariah's cover of the same song.

Destiny's Child covering Carol of the Bells is fabulous, as well.

i might edit this to add more tracks

Years
  • I enjoy Lorena McKennit voice in general, it's like an angel, such a clear, sensitive, sparkling soprano. I love playing her Winter Garden album during Christmas time, it contains some beautiful traditional Christmas carols like God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Good King Wenceslas.

Bryn Terfel has a nice Christmas album too. I also like to hear Judy Garland sing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas from the classic movie Meet Me in St Louis.

My favorite Christmas Song is O Holy Night though. It's hard to pick a favorite cover because there are so many good ones. Maybe Josh Groban's version. He has such a golden, warm singing voice? I want to cry when he sings the phrase, Christ is the Lord. I got chills listening to it today

Years
  • where's the love in this thread for Santa Baby? Eartha Kitt's version of Santa Baby is probably my absolute favorite, but also I love Madonna's, Ariana's, and Kylie Minogue's!

I agree sooooo much, love that song!

I also disagree sooooo much, Eartha's version is the only version I listen too :)

A few more I like (I have far, far, too many on my Christmas playlist):

What Christmas Means to Me by Al Green or Stevie Wonder or both!

Cold December Night by Michael Buble

Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson

We Need a Little Christmas, Carol of the Bells, and just about any Christmas song by Dean Martin, Brenda Lee or Darlene Love

Oh, and I can't leave out the amazing It Feels Like Christmas by The Muppets!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like any Christmas song, but I'm not fond of the orchestrated sounded ones.

Christmas music completely caught me off guard this year. I just forgot all about the holiday, so when I heard a christmas song on the radio I was thinking "Wait, it's this close already"? Oddly I haven't felt as up to listening to christmas music this year as I normally have.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • today i found out that my chemical romance did a cover of all i want for christmas is you. you're welcome.

Back