• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have your habits changed due to the pandemic?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    2020 has been weeeird. Some of us have been in social lockdown for parts of it.

Have you consumed more or less media than before all this? Differently? Maybe you've started listening more to music, or audiobooks, or binged shows more than usual?

Bay

Years
  • I've definitely binged more shows than before. I've binged The Untamed, Xena: Warrior Princess, Parks and Recreation, and the new Animaniacs reboot. I also binged podcasts The Penumbra Podcast and The Magnus Archives, but I fell behind on those. Oh, and also Critical Role but I've been consistent with their episodes for a couple years now.

Years
  • Way more media. Like, oh-my-god amounts of media. For 9 months I have been a shut in besides going to the gym and walking my dogs. I won't hang out with anyone until we are given the "all clear" because it just isn't worth endangering anyone, if I went out and was irresponsible and then came home and gave my girlfriend CoVid, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

Years
  • staying home has allowed me an unhealthy amount of time for youtube. i'm not the type to binge shows/movies too much, but my gf and i have been able to Rave a lot more movies together than usual. music listening has been more or less the same really.

i've thought about audiobooks, but then i figured i might spend more time picking a book to listen to than actually listening to it, so i haven't bothered yet lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Definitely listening to more music, especially the radio. Working from home and going to virtual classes didn't let me game but I actually had time to watch shows that I meant to catch up.

(also Peacock came out and I was able to binge through George Lopez as a nostalgia trip!)

AussieAsian458

To show fear is to embrace change
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 16, 2023
    Kind of stopped importing from Asia due to covid 19 for a while.
    Besides that it has remained the same.

Still got that broad range of genres I like and also girly and hard music.

Years
  • 10000000% more than I normally do, now I listen to music until 4AM instead of 12AM!

Seriously though, when I was furloughed the amount of music I went through was absurd. Definitely worth it, though!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Sit around and did a whole lot more of nothing...lol. Watched more news and binged watched Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Oh definitely. One of my buds let me have access to their Netflix account right as the lockdown started and now I spend an inordinate amount of time binging shows there.

Years
  • The biggest single change for me is going to the cinema less, well not at all really!

We used to go to the cinema a lot. We were "regulars" there, and most of the staff knew us. Obviously that has changed this year :(

I can't wait to be able to do that again.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i've been going to work like normal since the start of the pandemic so honestly no, my media consumption and my general life (i didn't rly go out much anyway) haven't changed very much. obviously i've gone to the movies and concerts less, but i never really go to movies anyway and i am not a concert person lmao...wow i'm boring bye

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been able to put more time into video games, and watching series.

Staying inside during the pandemic hasn't hindered me all toooo much, because I wasn't much for going out constantly, but I do miss hanging out with friends sometimes, and also going to stores that weren't a necessity. I really have stopped going to any place that isn't essential, I still got sick and thought I had COVID for three weeks.. lol.

Though, in general, it's made me more careful, and made me reevaluate what's important. I was worried about my friends and have been trying to get closer to people who are important to me. Also, in public, I sometimes would dodge past people and such because I'm not that big of a person, so it's easy to slide around. I really had to get used to not only not slipping easily past others, but also just completely staying feet away from them. (lol) Taking the long way around public spaces is very normal for me, I barely get close to anyone anymore. If they get close to me I back off, and I used to stand pretty close, or hug people that I knew.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I've been playing more Video and app games. I wish I could change the pattern, but the UK are now in another lockdown. I guess it has been helpful and enjoyable tho.
    I've managed to catch up on a lot of series I wasn't able to watch before.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Have found that I have a lot more time for reading so I've read a lot more which is great. In the COVID free periods Australia sometimes experiences, I've been able to go to the library and pick up a huge stack of books. I also have watched a ton more movies in 2020 and experienced easier binging of TV shows :D

Back