• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever crushed on Pokémon characters?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Do tell! Have you ever fancied any of the (human, please!) characters from the Pokémon games or other media?

I can start off with a few. You can take my categories as a guide or just write to your heart's content.

-First crush: Steven Stone. Don't ask kid me why. Nowadays I prefer Wallace, mainly because of what happened in the Delta Episode.
-Most influential/biggest crushes: Three-way toss-up between Byron, who kickstarted my older man bias, Sabin from the Pokémon RéBURST manga for giving me a thing for mysterious masked men who are also fathers/parental figures, and Koga, who synthesizes both of the previously-mentioned traits to perfection and has a trickster edge to him to boot. I'm still into all three to some extent but Koga wins in my book these days. 💜💜💜 Can Johto re-remakes/sequels happen soon so I can see him again just like it happened in LGPE? And can he get more frequent apearances in said game that draw from his characterization in Masters? Please?
-Weirdest crush: Probably Burgh, considering how far off my type he is. I don't usually like campy feminine guys, but back then I was all about him. Again, nowadays I prefer Wallace because I've crushed on him since I played Emerald, and he's also got a stronger parental edge in OR/AS, with what his niece Lisia being introduced.
-Most embarassing/regrettable crush: I could mention anyone whom I crushed on because my (now former) friends were into them, but that hurts too much to talk about. As for those of my own volition... Ghetsis, in the early B/W days. Yeah, I still want to slap 15-year-old me over that one.
-Most recent crush: Two of them actually, but they're spoileriffic so I won't mention them by name. I'm conflicted about them though, because despite them being my type appearance and personality-wise, they both tried to harm a kid directly. That's a big no-no for me; these days I only like that kind of antagonist if there's a kindhearted actor portraying them, which they don't have.
-Honorable mention: Fan game flavor - Caspar and Aster from Pokémon Xenoverse! Caspar for the mysterious masked older man aspect, Aster for the parental substitute aspect. After two playthroughs of the game, I tend to stick much closer to Aster because he appears much more often and actively looks out for the protagonist, sometimes even more so than the protagonist's own parents do. I admit I didn't like him at first simply because he owned a Suicune, but I couldn't stay mad at him for even five minutes. He's that frickin' cute.

Years
Oh geez, yes. When I was like 9 I had a crush on Ash and Ritchie, and later on as a teen I crushed on Steven. At the same time I am pretty sure I crushed on Lance for a few months too lol. And Cheren when he gets a bit older in BW2 back in the day. ❤️ Oh and Volo from Legends is pretty cute right now also! But I'm not sure he is my type for spoiler-related reasons.

It seems like Steven is a pretty common crush target for some fans. He is super cute so not surprised, especially with his ORAS remake (b' ')b

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
When I was a kid I had a big crush on Misty. In more recent times, I've definitely had a crush on Professor Kukui... I was 21 D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Steven was pretty neat yo. Misty was always best girl.

Years
When I was a kid I had a big crush on Misty. In more recent times, I've definitely had a crush on Professor Kukui... I was 21 D:

Oh Kukui is an epic character, Professor Burnet is a lucky gal!

Sycamore is also an A+ character. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
omg right, Burnet! She and Kukui are best couple, they're both A+ crushworthy c:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't remember having crushes on anyone actively, but yo Cynthia is a top tier girl and I agree that Kukui is crush worthy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
My first crush was James from Team Rocket and still is my crush. I also had a recent crush on Kukui.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 8, 2022
as a kid, i had a big biggggg crush on Misty! I bet everyone here had the same.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
I didn't crush on characters as a kid but the closest thing I had to a crush was ORAS Archie. That was a really good redesign. I felt like that was worth mentioning.
Anyway my first actual crush (for any fictional characters, really) was from 2 years ago. It was Piers. I drew so much fan art of him, and I hate to look back
at it now because that was when I was just starting to get into digital art so they all look really shitty, and it's a reminder of how much of a cringy simp I was. Still love him though. My next crush was Grimsley, mostly Sygna Suit Grimsley. He's my highest level sync pair because his Sharpedo is absolutely busted. I use him in almost every single battle. These two are my strongest crushes. The most recent one was Adaman. I haven't played PLA and know absolutely nothing about him other than he has a Leafeon, but I found some fan art of him on Pinterest and he's really cute

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
First crush: Gary Oak/Blue Oak. I was 10, don't judge!

Current crush: So, anyway, Lance is my boyfriend, and I bought a Pokemon card of him and taped it to my wall so I can look at him and go, "my boyfriend is hot". If Lance were real, I'd date him. I'm gay and single, Lance. Let's hold hands.

...Um, I mean what. Please don't take my post too seriously, I do have a big anime crush on Lance, though. But, I don't say "my boyfriend is hot". That was a joke. Did buy a Pokemon card of him and tape it to my wall, though as a small "lance shrine" since Lance merch is hard to come by.

Last edited:
Years
During my "OMG i'm pan I also love girls and ORAS is my favorite game" phase, I had a crush on Winnoa (the flying type gym leader of Hoenn) and Courtney (A top-tier Magma grunt of few and...interesting words). Now that I know i'm straight....no one. sadly enough.

I think I crushed on Ash when Pokemon first came out...not too sure.

pinkmoonlight

for the birds (◕દ◕)
Years
Definitely ash/Gary/misty in the OG. I also thought Erika was beautiful.

Then I had a big crush on Guzma even as an adult lol.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Alright, now that spoiler policies are off, I can reveal who are the PLA crushes that had me so conflicted... and who was the one that won me over in the end.

So... I started out keen on both Kamado and Beni - especially the latter. I still find them hot, but their treatment of the player character during the game was a turnoff. At the same time, I was too busy moping over these two to notice who had really come to hold my heart in his hands: Ingo. It was strange at first; I had never paid much attention to either him or his brother during Gen V, and thus had never thrown my lot in with the Submas fandom (which I'm still avoiding like the plague). However... his Faller amnesia did shine a light on just how earnest and kind he is. Who you see is exactly who he is, and he's just... too lovable for words! 🥺💖 And older man bias nonwithstanding, it helps on my end that he looks more like a man (in both the "human" sense and the "masculine" sense) than he did in previous appearances.

His voices in both Masters and the anime helped as well. Sure, actually listening to some of my crushes' voices was a disappointment (e.g. Koga), but in the process, it only cemented my newfound love for the sweet train man.

Years
i feel odd in that i never had a pokemon character crush LOL

i think sabrina was the closest one? mostly in the "i think she's super cool" sense than "i have a character crush on her"

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Sabrina my beloved.

I also crushed on May when I started playing like 10 years ago lmao and also thought that asshole from the Hoenn anime that dressed like a Cacturne was cute, I think their name was Harley.

Back