• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the scariest thing you've experienced?

Years
    • Seen today
    What's the scariest/creepiest experience you've ever had?

Mine probably came early this week, as there was a threat of a mass shooting at my school. The person who made the threat was arrested within a couple hours, but the most unnerving part was coming home and finding out none of it was a hoax. They found he had many loaded weapons and it was probably being planned for a while. It's scary thinking about what could have happened if the response wasn't so quick.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2018
    Sleep paralysis. Jfc I get it every like couple of months and it's fucking awful. Either it feels like you weight 20000lbs and can't move or that and you're being slowly dragged out of bed onto the floor. It's horrifying.

Years
  • Being on an old rickety wooden roller coaster.
    I'm surprised it ran the track without issue.

User19sq

Almost getting run over by someone who ran the red light... twice.

Years
  • The scariest experience I've ever had was when I went to a water slide park for a birthday. On one of the water slide, I went on a double tube with my stepdad. I was on the front and my stepdad was behind me and halfway when we were sliding down a long water slide on a tube, the tube went all the way to the edge of the water slide trying to fall off. My stepdad and I were screaming for our lives because we thought we were going to fall off and the tube going all the way to the edge of the water slide trying to fall off was not supposed to happen. After that scary experience, our tube turned around and we were sliding down the water slide backwards.

When my stepdad and I slid all the way down to the water slide backwards, we both observed other people how they got off the water slide and everyone else came out of the water slide facing forward. My stepdad and I were the only people who got off the water slide backwards.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Panic attacks are scary as hell, but ive never - thankfully - experienced anything life threatening. However, I did have bronchial spasms a few summers ago that sent me into the ER because I couldn't breathe properly. In general, the spasms weren't scary, but I had a horrible spasm that was pretty scary that made me go to the ER.

Guest123_x1

Sleep paralysis. Jfc I get it every like couple of months and it's ****ing awful. Either it feels like you weight 20000lbs and can't move or that and you're being slowly dragged out of bed onto the floor. It's horrifying.
    Sometimes, when I wake up, one of my arms will lose feeling and the ability to move temporarily. Every time this happens, I get scared thinking I'm paralyzed in that arm and am no longer able to use it, but within a couple of minutes, the arm comes to and I eventually start feeling and am able to move it a bit after that, returning to normal before too long.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I experienced an earthquake in 2012, it is one of the worst things you can experience. You hear a loud noise coming from underground (it's very unique, so you know what's coming) and then after a moment, everything starts shaking until only God knows... my house suffered minor damage luckily while others have been completely destroyed or severely damaged. That day there have been 39 fatalities and hundreds and hundreds of injured people. I really felt like that day could have been my last on this planet.

Years
    • Seen today
    I experienced an earthquake in 2012, it is one of the worst things you can experience. You hear a loud noise coming from underground (it's very unique, so you know what's coming) and then after a moment, everything starts shaking until only God knows... my house suffered minor damage luckily while others have been completely destroyed or severely damaged. That day there have been 39 fatalities and hundreds and hundreds of injured people. I really felt like that day could have been my last on this planet.

Earthquakes are terrifying. Although I've only been in one, it was instantly recognizable.

Bay

Years
  • I experienced an earthquake in 2012, it is one of the worst things you can experience. You hear a loud noise coming from underground (it's very unique, so you know what's coming) and then after a moment, everything starts shaking until only God knows... my house suffered minor damage luckily while others have been completely destroyed or severely damaged. That day there have been 39 fatalities and hundreds and hundreds of injured people. I really felt like that day could have been my last on this planet.

I live in California so I'm used to earthquakes, but sometimes those still scare me for a moment. I remember news of earthquakes in Mexico last year and ouch. Sorry to hear some fatalities/injuries there back then.

As for me, back in spring 2007 I experienced fire coming from the dormitories. I was awaken by my roommate around 3am and I hear a fire alarm and rushed out of the building with the others. I remember smelling smoke and the halls being foggy. Apparently the cause of it was faulty wiring in one of the lounges. The students had to be outside for a while and then one of the dorm cafeterias was open for us to stay in. I was only able to have an hour nap before I needed to go to a 7am discussion class.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Oh dear, I'm very glad that it didn't go further. With what had occurred not too long ago, it is no surprise the response was so quick. ): I'm sorry you had to experience that close encounter.

But as for me, I can't really pinpoint to you the main scariest event I've experienced. But as one PC member mentioned, sleep paralysis. I've only experienced it once back when I was in... first year of high school perhaps? Back when slenderman was becoming popular amongst the web community. I say this since I experienced sleep paralysis while being afflicted with a bad case of pneumonia. Being unable to speak or move really scarred me despite being fully aware of my surroundings. It was sometime in the middle of the night, body faced an open door leading to the pitch black hallway, and back then I was terrified of the creepypasta Slenderman... thus why I was terrified of him popping out at my most vulnerable.

Like, damn. Never wanted to experience the terror again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2018
    Sometimes, when I wake up, one of my arms will lose feeling and the ability to move temporarily. Every time this happens, I get scared thinking I'm paralyzed in that arm and am no longer able to use it, but within a couple of minutes, the arm comes to and I eventually start feeling and am able to move it a bit after that, returning to normal before too long.

Yea the worst part is you think you're awake but you aren't

Years
    • Seen today
    I hope so lol, I do not like it, I like to feel secure on those things.

I looked into it a bit, and yeah, the designs are meant to make you feel unsafe.

Still wouldn't blame you for not liking them. There's certain rides I refuse to get back on.

Oh dear, I'm very glad that it didn't go further. With what had occurred not too long ago, it is no surprise the response was so quick. ): I'm sorry you had to experience that close encounter.

I'm thankful for the school and that they took him seriously. Red flags were found after his arrest, these include social media posts, and even pictures of him posing with the weapons.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Finding my mom dead while alone in my house at 15 years old.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'm a cowardly person, it's hard to narrow things down. I almost died in a car crash a few times, childhood encounters with creepy things, and the inhumanity I've seen in some people

Years
  • I've nearly died a couple of ways I guess. That's some scary shit. Arguably the worst was when I was choking on my own tongue, couldn't get any airflow because I had an allergic reaction to medication. I was in a room with people, including a trained first-aid instructor and nobody noticed for way too long. They thought I was panicking because of my illness.

Back