• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you buy the Pokemon Sword and Shield Nintendo Switch Lite?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Since it was announced we will be getting a Sword/Shield limited edition Nintendo Switch Lite, I was wondering if anyone on here is planning on buying this version of the system.

I kinda want it because Zacian and Zamazenta are on the back of it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I already have a Switch, so no.

If I didn't have one and wanted to buy, I'd consider it, but I'm not a big fan of the grey colour tbh.

Years
  • I think I will get a switch light at some point not sure right away, I will have to see what the benefits of getting it will be, suppose it will come in handy for trading and multi player games

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • it's v cute on the front but i wish the wolves on the back had their line art colored in to match the front buttons and such. anyway, i'll be passing on it as i already have a standard switch.

Years
  • I won't get this but not so much that I already have a Switch myself (because I'm waiting to see if the Pro version is real), but I feel like it won't come with enough net benefits for it to be worth it to me. It does look really nice, though!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I won't be getting it, and I don't think I'll get one of the other Switch Lite models, either. I already have a Switch, and I'm happy with it. Given that joycon drift issues seem to be related to a hardware issue with the small analog sticks they're using, I would also prefer to use a system with replaceable joycons.

I also don't really like gray very much. If I were to get a Switch Lite, I would probably grab the turquoise one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm becoming more convinced that these games are not something I'll buy a Switch for.

But if I did, the Lite Zac/Zam color scheme and decorations are the best looking variant yet, so yes! :)

Years
  • Perhaps, if I didn't already have a Switch. But I like the features that come with the non-Lite Switch enough to be unsure. Can see why it would be an attractive purchase for people who don't care about docking though, and the design looks pretty cool!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    While I think the limited edition design is cool, I cannot ignore how adorable the pastel yellow Switch Lite is. <3 I think if I end up getting one, I'll have to pass on this version.

Years
  • No. I don't like limited edition consoles so much. I don't know why to be honest. I will most likely get a turquoise Switch Lite for my birthday since it releases 10 days before my actual birthday. The turquoise is so pretty!

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • I won't be getting it, and I don't think I'll get one of the other Switch Lite models, either. I already have a Switch, and I'm happy with it. Given that joycon drift issues seem to be related to a hardware issue with the small analog sticks they're using, I would also prefer to use a system with replaceable joycons.

I also don't really like gray very much. If I were to get a Switch Lite, I would probably grab the turquoise one.

That'll be me as well, given the issues, I rather be able to just switch out the joycons than be stuck with a system that I'd have to replace entirely.

Years
  • I'm kind of torn. I don't have a Switch so I wouldn't have a problem on that front but I feel like I would prefer having the regular Switch since the lite version can't be docked. The main reason I would purchase the Lite version is that the only games I play these days are Pokemon so just having the Switch Lite would probably be sufficient for me. Plus I have never brought any limited edition of any Nintendo console.

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I like its colour scheme, especially that gray with coloured buttons which feels so 90s to me, but I already have a Switch and I play it half of the time in docked mode, so Switch Lite is not for me anyway. Plus I'll probably only buy SwSh used

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    nah

special editions of gaming systems were never my thing, I already have a Switch, and I'm not interested in getting a version of it that doesn't even have the core function of the Switch (like, we can finally play a main series game on a big screen, I'm not forgoing that)

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    As I already have the LGPE switch I'm going to be passing on it. Cant really afford to buy it and the games as a whole with other games comming out this year ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Nah, I already have a switch, also switch games are already really expensive so I don't really feel the need for two consoles.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I already have the Switch, might buy the lite because they looks pretty good.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Maybe, I do not know. I kind of want to buy a switch lite but the design for Sword/Shield.....not really my cup of tea

Back