• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Do you like Calyrex, the new legendary Pokémon?

Years
https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/expansionpass/pokemon/calyrex/

As we've seen in the Pokémon Direct earlier this month, Calyrex is a new legendary that will be released together with the coming SwSh expansion packs. I've seen a lot of....mixed reception about it tbh, from it being called a Celebii clone (same dual typing, and it supposedly being able to see into the past, present, and future) to people saying its legs were oddly designed haha. What do you guys think of it?

Years
I like it! Gives off a very noble, mystical vibe, with eyes that see into your soul while blinking very slowly. I suspect that the crown bud will bloom into an awesome rose of power at some point.

Also, Celebi is a time traveler, while this thing is an all-knowing seer. Quite different motifs. As for the typing... Well, it happens. There's only so many types to go around.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I like eveything from the neck to the top of its head (I think that green thing between its horns could be smaller tho), the rest of its body not so much. In my opinion this Pokémon shouldn't be bipedal. And no, I don't see it as a Celebi clone, Celebi is a time travel this one isn't, Calyrex can only see the past, present and future, thing that Celebi can't do either as I'm aware.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's not a Celebi clone, no... but there are the similarities in both having something to do with time, and being Grass/Psychic types. What is its basis, I wonder...?

I agree the legs are a bit odd. Otherwise the design is neat. Wonder how it will feature in the DLC...

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I like the face and the body shape. I just don't like the big bulb on its head and that should have been replaced with something else.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Initially when I saw it, it was a very small picture so it looked like to me that it didn't have a face which gave it an eerie alien like feel which I really liked. Then I finally got a good look at it and now I see it's some sort of deer/goat and it totally killed that cool vibe I got at first. So I don't love it anymore, but its okay at best.

Years
First reaction: I LOVE it I WANT it MINE MINE MINE!

After looking at the picture a second time: Yeah, it's a bit odd now that you all mention it, but that's what makes it unique! So that's why I still want it.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
Years
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it, for some unknown reason, was Babidi from Dragon Ball Z. I do not think that it is a clone of any other Pokemon; it is quite unique. I do not like it though and it may in fact be my least favourite legendary.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 28, 2021
Not really into the design, and it's name sounds like an anti-sickness pill or something .

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
To be honest, Calyrex doesn't interest me. I'm more interested in the Kubfu line, the new Regi's, and the amount of old Pokemon that will be returning.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I dislike it, honestly, and people on Twitter seem to hold the same sentiments. It's a mish-mash of design elements that make for a design that doesn't do me any favors. Why does it have the face of a deer, the body of a doll, and...whatever that bulb on its head is?

Grass/Psychic too? ...No thanks.

pkmin3033

I don't HATE it. It's...fine. It's better than that crappy Fighting-type Pokemon they revealed alongside it. But it's...not particularly noteworthy? It's another "eh" Pokemon that has me shrug, commit to that part of my brain that remembers every Pokemon (which is actually a scientifically proven thing!) and then forget about it until I see it again.

I would like to know how on earth it stays upright, though.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
People are always too quick to judge.
I hope there will be perhaps alternate forms or things along the line.

Years
Agree with Dawn, mostly! It's okay but nothing really noteworthy for me. Someone in the fandom made this edit (credit in image):

Spoiler:

and I would've liked it so much more if it were like that in reality... @_@

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
Years
All I know is I saw the thread about it looking like a side-character in Courage the Cowardly Dog, and now I can't unsee it. It's so appropriate with its lopsided cartoonish proportions and its serious, detailed face. Like something about that face on that body reads as extremely uncanny valley to me.

Due to its weirdness, I kind of like it on its own. I just don't know if I like it as a pokémon.

Back