• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Recruitment/Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Draceus

Palette Works Leader
Years
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Pokemon-vn
Team Leader: Leon Draceus
Current Members: Leon Draceus, GrassyXertal , Jipi Gargerath.
Current Game title: Pokémon Master League
Current progress made: 0% (Starting this March)
Position(s) needed: Character Design, Spriters
Timezone: GMT+07:00, Vietnam
Preferred Method of contact: PM, Facebook
Additional Info: I really need help in making new characters.
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years

• Position(s) being recruited to: Dungeon designer/Mapper
  • Team name: Team names are for people who make more than one fangame
    12.%20tongue.gif
  • Team members: Just myself
  • Game title: Pokemon: Chromatic Version
  • Current progress made: Second Demo complete
  • Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=358332
  • Preferred method of contact: visitor message or private message
  • Additional information: I'm looking for an aspiring mapper and designer to design a dungeon within somewhat tight restrictions. Please send me examples of your work which you feel showcase your ability to map caves and dungeons with specific boss encounters in mind.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Looking for:

Position(s) being recruited to:
Writers (3 to 5)

Team name:
Pokémon Visual

Team members:
Myself (developer/programmer), dmjh93 (character artist/editor), moonmachine (background artist), zygarde, toriko09 (funding), additional contributing writers and artists

Game title:
Pokémon Academy Life

Current progress made:
Demo v1.0.2b publicly available; approximately 3 hours in a single playthrough, with replayability due to choices players can make.

Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356909

Preferred method of contact:
Email [email protected]

Additional information: (optional)
We need more writers to help our lead guy speed up the process. At this point in development, we are more focused on developing the game's plot and multiple side-routes. As a writer, you will be working closely with the team in creative process. Please see this link for more information about our recruitment process.

As of March 4, 2016 - Pokémon Academy Life has racked up over 18,000 downloads with a rating of 4.7 out of 5 based on over 400 ratings.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 9, 2023
A baby Pokémon (of your choice) was orphaned when his parents were captured in the earliest attempt at the creation of Pokéballs. After being raised in a community of Native-American-inspired Marowaks on an island that never knew humans, he leaves home in search for his family, but soon finds that many Pokémon have went insane and become hostile. It turns out that a Team Careless (working name) accidentally trapped Cresselia and left the Moon Crystals unbalanced, filled with only Darkrai's power. They shattered, and the shards implanted themselves in Pokémon, which made them crazy. With the protection of the Crescent Gems, you and twenty possible friends journey to the Moon Crystals to restore their light and free Cresselia. However, strange things happen, people go missing, and Pokémon encounter these human "monsters". It seems that Pokéball development is the cause; and our heroes will find that, once caught, they are not truly separated from the friends and world they once loved...

Pokémon Mythology (working title)
A unique Pokémon Mystery Dungeon-inspired JRPG

This game is a fairly simple build in most areas, but it uses no external tools or kits (such as Pokémon Essentials). Still, I need your help. If you want to help develop a unique and wonderful Pokémon game full of thoughtful lore and beautiful writing, come join us!

Recruiting a team member

• Position(s) being recruited to: Database entry, tile editing, map making, cutscene still art painting, music composition, battle development, dialogue inspiration/editing, anything one wants to contribute.
  • Team name: Team Pokéology
  • Team members: Charles Mabe (SolemnDream)
  • Game title: Pokémon Mythology (working title)
  • Current progress made: Story, gameplay, art, and tone concepts. Lots of preparation and thought of all kinds. Little produced work so far, but I mostly know what I want to do for most things. I've already collected and processed actor and face art for all Gen IV and below Pokémon.
  • Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game: Thread
  • Preferred method of contact: PM for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Recruiting a team member

Android graphic designer

Team name:
No name

Team members:
Myself

Game title:
GPS Monster Scouter

Current progress made:
Completed and currently developing additional features

Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364518

PM

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
RECRUITING TEAM MEMBERS

POSITIONS
Story writers.
Map makers.

TEAM NAME
mindless gamers.

TEAM MEMBERS
myself

GAME TITLE
Nothing so far

PROGRESS MADE
none, I plan to start by the end of the week.

Kik me to join. MINDL3SS8796

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Free agent looking for work

Area looking for work: Storyline / Story Script Writer, plot writing,
Relevant examples of your work: I will be attaching a story and a script example that I have created. The script example only covers the opening introduction of a game.
Preferred method of contact: PM on here would be fine
Additional information:

I'm currently going to college for the Creative Writing Bachelor's Degree so I will be able to post more updated examples of my work as my classes go on. After the bachelor's I'm going for Masters, so it would be great if I can help out with a project since I want to become a script/story and game writer.

Edit: As of right now I have received a few requests for writing so until those projects are complete I won't be looking for any more writing requests. Thank You

Attachments

• GameScript Example.pdf
    29.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Story Example.docx
    109.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
Hey all! Looking to join a team as either:

-Script Editor
-Story Writer

Have a ton of experience editing through journalism/editing experience (5 years) and the same with writing. Have a couple of awards from the ICCJA including a first place for my writing as well. I can send samples along, but I don't want to post personally identifiable information in public, obviously.

Let me know if anyone needs either. You can either PM me here or tweet at me with @wsoxfan1214. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 28, 2018
BreachersLogo.png

Recruiting Team Members

Positions being recruited to:
Graphics Artists (2D spriting, background/map art)

Team name: Breachers (TBD)

Team members: So far, just me.

Game title: Breachers

Current progress made: Concept; development has just begun on battle system

PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368370

Preferred method of contact: PM

Additional information:

• The game will need at least 45 "fakemon" creature sprites for the Breachers, though we're aiming for around 75, and the more we can produce the better.
  • Player character and NPC sprites will be decided during development, as well as map graphics.
  • Check the game's thread for a more in-depth idea of the style of the game (sort of Pokemon meets mild dystopia and more alien).
  • Any other questions are welcome; just ask.

Last edited:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
Well, I'm not really expecting much of a response to this. I've been around here long enough to know that it's hard to get members of a team together. But I thought I'd still give it a shot. You can't really expect a response if you don't put something to respond to out there.

Position(s) Being Recruited To:

Small-Time Scripter: I'm not really looking for someone to make a bunch of custom scripts. I know that takes time and effort and is usually somewhat tedious, based off of my short time of trying to learn to code. What I'm really looking for is someone who knows the code pretty well, and can assist me in fixing the small errors that I've been having. I'd rather have a person that I know and trust rather than having to run to the help threads everytime I have a problem.

Mega Evolution Spriter: I'm not asking for a full Pokedex of Fakemon, overworld sprites, or trainer sprites, just a couple of custom Megas to make the game a little bit more unique. I have ideas for a few of them (Whiscash, Tropius, and Luxray) but I'm willing to let the spriter, should they choose to accept, have their own freedom and do what sprites they want to do. I'm a fairly reasonable person, not a tyrannical dictator, after all.

Musician: Again, I'm not asking for too much, maybe just a couple of pieces of music to help make the game a little more unique. At the moment, I'm just running some music from official Pokemon games through Audacity to make them a little bit different. So the current music department is a little low tech. And again, I'm not really looking for any particular style, though I am a big fan of acoustic guitar, but I'm open to anything.

Team name:
The Loyal Group (but that's subject to change)

Team members:
Just me at the moment.

Game title:
Pokemon Loyalty

Current Progress: There's a demo that goes up to the fourth Gym. About 5-8 hours of gameplay.

Link to the Game's PokéCommunity Thread:

Not exactly an attractive thread, but here it is, in all of it's glory:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355642

PM me here first if interested, and I'm working on a better method of communication for afterward. It'll probably be a Discord channel.

Additional Information:
I'm currently working with a separate team for a separate project, and it's been a blast. We all get along pretty well, and everyone there is talented at what they do. I would love to have those guys help out here, but I honestly think that it's best that the projects remain separate.

That being said, I would like to try to replicate that kind of group for this project. I know that my chances are pretty slim, and I know that I'll still be able to get by on my own, as I usually do. But I still thought that I would give it a shot anyway.

Thanks for reading, if you made it this far. Have a smiley: :)

FlamingFalcon

Fan Game Developer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Position(s) being recruited to: Spriter (Overworlds, Battle Sprites, and Tiles) and Music Composer

Team name: Lunation Productions

Team members (Currently Active):
FlamingFalcon- Head of Game Development (Mapper, Eventer, Scripter), Storyline, Temp. Tileset, Temp. Composer
MeetYourReaper- Head of Artwork (Concept Art, Promo Art, Sketches), Storyline

Game titles: Pokémon Dimensions: Jadeite and Painite

Current progress made: Currently revising everything done in the past. Dex is fairly filled. For more information on progress, visit our Pokecommunity thread!

Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368070

Preferred method of contact: Email us at [email protected]

Additional information: If you choose to apply, first off we thank you for taking consideration into our game, secondly please contain some of your already done works so we may view your skill level. We don't mean to be rude but some people may be turned down. I personally know how this feels as I've applied to fan games a while ago and got turned down because my maps were fairly horrible, but I kept practicing and got better. No one has a limit to the amount of times you can apply, just try your hardest at all times!

Ryz

Years
Positions Needed: Spriter mostly. Scripter kinda. I'll give more info on that below. Music composer too, not too immediate, I'd need 7 tracks or so.

Team Name: No idea. Haven't decided.

Team Members: Just me at the moment.

Game Title: Pokemon Resurrection.

Progress:First and second towns are 100% done as well as the first gym. Also second part of story is done. A map between the second and third town is in development.

Screenshots/Link:My post hasn't been approved yet. So I'll just do the screenshots.
Spoiler:

Method of contact: Skype. It's the easiest way to get a hold of me. Name is rythegreat96. Please state that you're from PokeCommunity. Just a quick line like "I'm from PC" I get a lot of spam requests so that's why. You could PM me on here, but most of the time I don't realize I have a message so skype is much easier.

Additional Info: At the top I said I kinda needed a scripter, I'm trying to learn Ruby for myself, I'd like to make my own scripts, so all I'd need you for is some pointers. I know the basics just not how to apply it to essentials.

Also, I work at my own pace, so I may not always have work for you. When I do, it'll likely be a short list that you can do whenever. I don't like rushing people. I learned the hard way that rushed things tend to be horrible. Just don't take like a month to do it. Mainly I just need trainer sprites, and maybe a few custom megas if I decide to or not.
Trainers require overworlds too. Player ones need backsprites as well. Doesn't have to be animated but it is preferred.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
pokmon_cf_logos_by_deorro-d974nom.png

Abstract:
Pokémon Cinder & Foam is a well renowned fan game known for its beautiful concept art featuring over 300 brand new custom Pokémon and a custom region. A list of team members is in the link.

Some old screenshots:
route_2s_by_daybreakm-d8uhd0p.png

route_2_by_daybreakm-d8tfv2u.png

twitter_screenies_by_daybreakm-d8znqcx.png

The game's state:
Pokémon Cinder & Foam is nearly complete in terms of story, maps and concepts. Most of our Pokémon are finished in terms of design, movesets and statistics, although we plan on adjusting these as we test the game. On the actual programming side, we have gone through various iterations of engines. This time we are planning on starting from scratch again in a different language. We have been programming a new battle engine for a few months from scratch and is well underway. So far it includes simple attacks that do only damage, switching and double battles.

What we are looking for:
We are looking for an additional 2 programmers to help program the overworld engine. We already have 1 programmer who is looking forward to writing a brand new overworld engine from scratch with the recruits.

What tasks we expect done:
We will split up tasks but ultimately the overworld engine consists of:
  • Draw maps on the screen
  • Collisions and events
  • Player moving and other actions
  • Menus and interfaces
  • Data storage and loading

What we will use:
We hope to use a new programming language named Rust. Rust aims to be a low level memory safe language with some high level constructs. Essentially it competes with C++ in terms of performance but borrows concepts from other languages and uses compile time checking to validate program safety.

We are planning on using SFML for graphics, audio and input. We may also embed a Lua engine for easy scripting. Finally, we use Git for version control.

If you do not know what any of this means, this is okay! We do not expect to find someone skilled with Rust or any of the libraries we plan on using.

What our ideal candidate looks like:
We want someone who wants to have fun with a friendly team. Our ideal candidate has programmed before and is open to learning new technologies. Obviously, the more experienced you are, the better.

Who I am:
I am programming the battle engine. I have been programming for nearly a decade and am a professional programmer with a Bachelor's degree. I am willing to mentor any new recruits. I will most likely be the one dividing tasks on the programming side and making sure everyone is having a good time.

Methods of contact:
Internally our team uses Slack. Most of our team members also use Skype. I am open to Slack, Skype, IRC and Discord. I am also willing to voice chat with any new recruit.

Contact us:
You may contact me through a private message here. I would like to see the projects you worked on (Pokémon or not, it doesn't matter). I would also like to see some enthusiasm! :D

EDIT:
As of June 8th, we're still looking for people! If you have any questions, comments or just want to share your thoughts, that's okay! Send me a PM and we can chat. :)

Last edited:
Years
attachment.php

Recruiting a team member

Tile Spriter
- Must be capable of creating tiles for use in maps. Photoshop is the preferred program but anything that will allow great tiles is fine by me.

Use Interface Designer
- Looking for somebody to help in creating a UI for menu's, the dex, Pokemon details, title menu etc.

Please show me what you are capable of with images of previous work or a list of games worked on.

Team name: Malamarvellous

Team members: Just me at the moment

Game title: Pokemon Revolutions

Current progress made: Some fakemon sprites, a couple of test maps.

Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game:
Spoiler:

Preferred method of contact: Skype or Discord will do fine.

Additional information: This game is still in the very early stages but I am currently happy with the progress and look of the game.
I currently don't have a thread set up for this game but will add one in the future when it gets to a more complete stage.
Please contact me if you wish to know more about the game before joining the team. Happy to show off some of the fakemon as well.

Attachments

• Revolutions-Logo-FINAL.png
    Revolutions-Logo-FINAL.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 748
  • Map2.png
    Map2.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 755
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 757
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 757
  • Title.jpg
    Title.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 750

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
Years
Recruiting a team member

Position(s) being recruited to: Spriter/Graphic Artist

Team name: Reality Studios
Team members: me (mapper, writer, Spriter), SetsunaF (Spriter, Mapper)
Game title: Codenamed: Project Prism
Current progress made: up to the first Gym.
Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370141
Preferred method of contact: PM is preferred.
Additional information: (optional) Looking for someone who is willing to stay for the long run, Setsuna and I are having quite a bit of difficulties with our sprites and need someone who is experienced and can help us fix them haha. If you are looking to join, there is a good 40 or so characters that need designed, we have already done about 110 of the 155 sprites. Thanks again to anyone who is interested in joining.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
HioruG9.png

Team name:

• Not decided
Current progress:

• Up to the fourth Gym; map designs may need some revision
Positions:
Not needed but appreciated:
  • Spriters
  • Graphic Designers
Needed:

• Scripters
  • Mappers
  • Music Composers (Preferably Midi format)
Team Members:

• Currently it's just myself. I've had a bit of help from a few friends as well as some people on here, but as far as devteams go, I'm the only one.
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Additional Information:

• I've been developing this game for almost a year now. In the beginning, I didn't know what I was doing, and from my early work in the game, it shows. My older maps are nothing more than cookie cutter maps of original Pok?mon Essentials maps, and I'm not very proud of that. However, I am proud of the work and effort I put into making this game. Originally, it just started out as a personal project of mine. Something I wanted to do for fun. However, I'm starting to realize that I can't do everything I want with my game on my own and I'll need more help with it.
Preferred Method of Contact:

• If you wish to add me, please PM me asking for my contact info.

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

Pokeacutemon%20Order%20Smaller_zpsajldnsns.png
Pokeacutemon%20Chaos%20Smaller_zpsitaou6ps.png

• Music Composer
Team name:

• Team Chaos
Team members:

• Me (Tilespriter/OW Spriter/UI Designer/Mapper/Scripter)
  • FireBirdsnIceDragons (Concept Artist)
Game title:

• Pokémon Order & Pokémon Chaos
Current progress made:

• Demo featuring 3 Gyms
  • 68% of maps complete
  • About to implement Fakemon Concept art
Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Additional Information:

Last edited:

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
First time doing this. I've always worked alone on Infinite Fusion so far but lately I've been struggling more and more to find motivation to work on the game and figured I could use some help. Especially with uni starting again in a month or so.

CyFaspj.png

Pokémon Infinite Fusion

Recruiting a team member

Position(s) being recruited to: Programmer
Team name:Infinite Fusion
Team members:Schrroms
Game title:Pokémon Infinite Fusion
Current progress made:2 demos completed. You will NOT be working directly on the game. Generator is maybe 20% completed.

Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347883

Preferred method of contact: PM
Additional information:
You will not be working on the game itself. Instead you will be working on making a new fused sprite generator similar to this one.
The new generator should produce higher quality sprites and include front and backsprites for all Pokemon up to gen II, with possibly more being added later on.

The generator is being developped in Python. Work has already been made on the generator, but there's still a lot to do.
You can check out this post for a bit more info.

Here's an example of what the generated sprites look like at the moment.
Spoiler:

The goal would be to get this level of quality for most sprites. I will provide more information by PM.

Required experience
Du to the nature of the mandate, any applicant must have at least some programming background. You don't necessarily need to have experience with Python (though it's definitely a plus).
Spriting experience not required, but would certainly be a plus as well.
Send me a mini resume when you apply with examples of projects you've worked on

This is a large task. Only apply if you are serious.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
Hey all!

I'm working on a retro Gameboy color looking game, of which I have a playable demo, 2 months into development. I'm pretty experienced with Unity and software engineering -- you can see my work on my site here:

http://www.nicolaschavez.com

and here:

http://www.nicolaschavez.com/games

The demo is called "TRB" on the downloads page. Right now its just me programming, but I want someone to discuss concepts with and come up with ideas for a Pokemon-INSPIRED game involving battling, trading with a distinguishing story and gameplay. (Also thinking of some small AR features that could benefit from mobile platforms)

Huge fan of Pokemon obviously, and if you have radical ideas for something similar to the series which you always wanted to see, this is perfect! Additionally, this position may be paid depending on amount of contribution or whatever agreement happens.

Position(s) being recruited to: Writer/Concept Person/Designer
Team name: To Be Decided
Team members: nicosuave (me)
Game title: To Be Decided
Current progress made: Game showcase (2 months)

See the links above, but also these:

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss4.png

ss6.png

ss7.png

Preferred method of contact: chavez.a.nicolas (at) gmail (dot) com

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
dBevbUU.png

Recruiting a team member
Team name: ChaoticInfinity Development
Team members: Derxwna Kapsyla (Head of ChaoticInfinity Development)
Game title: Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version
Positions being recruited to:
  • RGSS Scripters: Some experience with RGSS is needed, mostly for code optimization and porting procedures. A few bits of hefty custom code are needed here and there, but are few and far between. Most smaller stuff I can usually handle. Proof of Skill required on application.
  • Pixel artist(s): Someone who can make Overworld Sprites, Battle Sprites, and/or tiles is necessary at this stage of the game's development, more than it was before. All stuff is done in Gen 3 style. Proof of Skill required on application.
Timezone: I live on Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 5:00), and am normally available between the times of 2 PM EST to 4 AM EST. However, I can easily respond to messages if you are not within that timeframe upon returning to being available.
Current progress made: Faith & Prayer is currently on Demo 6. Demo 5 finished the Kanto Region, where Demo 6 started exploration of Johto. There are currently 9 accessible Gym Badges, a complete Kanto League, and the first part of the plot is done. Roughly a total of 40 hour gameplay time.
A link to the game's thread on PokeCommunity
Additional information:
  • I will not impose strict deadlines on things. I may check in on progress whenever i remember to every once in a while, but beyond that you are free to work at your leisure. If I am steadily coming up on a release build, I will try to push to get something done if it needs to be in this build. However, if it's not absolutely vital, I can release at 99.99% completion, and we can get it done for the next build.
  • Experience with the Touhou Project series is not mandatory. It may help in the long run, but is not required for the work I need done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back