• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a vacation...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • A lot of us are itching to get out and take a vacation because man oh man, do we really need one right now, right? With things beginning to open up now, summer may be a great time.

I recently took one last week, went to Baja Mexico on a much-needed family reunion (haven't seen most of them since I moved!). At the same time, it was relaxing because we were right on the Pacific coast. I'm also beginning my initial planning to take a trip to Europe, but that won't happen until proooobably late next year or so.

Do you have a vacation planned now that (mostly) everything is opening up? Where are you going? It can be a week-long trip or just a weekend visit.

If not right now, where would you like to go?

If you are waiting until the time is right, what is the first place you would go once you feel comfortable?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My family wants to go to New Zealand in the future. It's nearby and the pandemic is well controlled there so relative to other nations, it is one of the safest vacation spots right now. We might go over at the end of year break if possible! New Zealand is beautiful from what I remember and it would be great to revisit as I have not been there since I was 4 years old. In particular I am looking forward to the hiking and scenery if we do go. I would also like to revisit the indoor snow centre I remember going to as a child and play in the fake snow as I remember that upset me so much when I couldn't when I was younger. I could definitely make up for it now!

My mum was going to go to France to participate in a race but it isn't possible due to COVID. If it is safe to do so again in the future she will be going and she offered to take me along if possible as I believe it lines up with my short break from university. It would probably be about two weeks to a month and it sounds super exciting. In the future when the pandemic settles down and I've saved up enough, I would love to go back to Europe and explore. I was meant to go on exchange this year to Europe in August but I changed my uni degree + the pandemic happened so it would be good to take the vacation and experience Europe later at some point. So many places to go to there :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I had planned a staycation with friends visiting from the US which I'd show around the city and probably some nearby ones, but today that exploded in a billion tiny pieces, so I guess I'll just be playing Zelda for a while.

Nonetheless, I need some days off so badly.

Years
  • Not overworked enough yet to really need one.

I did have 2 weeks off not long ago, but there wasn't really anywhere to go so I just lounged at home 😅
    wouldn't mind going abroad though.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    haven't started work yet but after about 3 months there i'll get an automatic week put into my vacation time. and oof it's hard to decide what i should do with that because at least three people have wanted me to come visit this year and two of them live on opposite sides of the country. coordinating your work time with people is rough. :(

Years
  • I am taking a solo trip from NY to California in August for a week. I am so excited, as I have not traveled in about 2-3 years. I need a change of scenery.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I have never really been on an actual vacation. I am hoping to at some point, I just am unsure when as it takes a lot of time, planning, and money to do it.

Years
  • My husband and I have taken some vacations but they were small things lasting no more than a week and within drivable distance. About the most we can do right now cause of covid. I'd lovelove to go to Japan sometime... hopefully next year :(

pkmin3033

I haven't had a break from work since the beginning of April, and I finally managed to book 2 weeks off for the end of August. Finally. I don't need to go anywhere, I just need to not have to spend 5 hours in the dining room every morning dealing with finances.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oof thought I was the only one that feels like this. I sweat it feels like I've been working non stop even though I had a 4 day weekend not long ago (july 4th) but still, I haven't had a whole week off since Thanksgiving 2020 lol.

Years
  • god i need a vacation so badly. x.x i need to travel somewhere at least. i've always worked jobs where it's awfully hard to take days off for a vacation so the thought of it seems foreign to me. especially with the pandemic being as bad as it is in my state, i wonder when it'll be that i'll actually vacation somewhere...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually went on vacation the day after this thread was made :3 Well, it's a pandemic, so staycation. We traveled a smol bit around our own country was all. Went for 2 weeks, then worked for 1 week (from home except one day), then a few days more after the weekend, then I was off again for 2.5 weeks. A long lovely summer that left me satisfied (I had seen the ocean horizon on three different occasions in 3 different areas! That's goals) and actually eager to start working on my job projects again :)

Back