• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zombie Apocalypse

Years
    What would you do if you woke up one day, and the beginning of a new world had started; a Zombie Apocalypse.

How would you react? Where would you go first? What would your plans be? Also, what sort of personality would you adapt; a strong and brave character or a scaredy-cat type?

Go.

I would go and look for Captain Fabio as he probably has 1337 L4D2 experience

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I'd be kind of stoked tbh. I'm not like the type to shoot all of the zombies' heads off, but I think it'd be cool (in a weird sort of way lol) to live in a world like that, where everyday is exciting and challenging. I'd really have no plans. Be a follower and go wherever I can survive, not a scaredy-cat though. If someone put a gun or a cleaver in my hand though I'd go to town on those zombies haha.

Cid

Years
    Ditto. :D

Seriously though, I'll probably freak out first and foremost. I'll obviously get as much uninfected people with me as I can and then sail/fly/swim/teleport/whatever it takes to transport to a deserted island. Plans would be to start a normal life there and occasionally raid the neighboring (probably completely infected) countries for ammo, food, tech etc. As for the sort of personality I would adapt, I'd try to put on a brave face even though I'll obviously scared out of my wits every day, and that I'll constantly be having nightmares and get deprived of sleep pretty much.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

Take my Captain and escape onto some sort of cruise ship or yacht or like.. crab/lobster catching boat or something. Can fish for food, use the kitchen to boil the salt out of the seawater, etc, and basically survive until the apocalypse is over, if it ever is over. Plus I wouldn't want to be alone in that sort of situation.. so why not just have a life at sea with a loved one? If the disease is not airborne anyways.. then it'd be nice to live the rest of the days away from the undead trying to rip off your face.

Years
    I'd just go wherever there weren't zombies and wait for them to die. Or rot. Whatever. Since they're dead already they'll eventually fall to pieces and not be a danger anymore. And if it were one of those inexplicable scenarios where all the level-headed options aren't possible (like going to the places there are no zombies because they're somehow ~everywhere~) I'd just give up because every choice is lose/lose.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Id freak out, bolt the doors and hide. Eventually this might become a problem when I ran out of food, medicine and other nessesities. I might have to venture out but try to stay hidden. Id likely be terrified and avoid all encounters with Zombies and such. I might try to get someone to take me in so I could continue hiding, I dont think Id be any good at killing or fighting Zombies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Get the gun I'm best at shooting and wait. Probably let the stray cats in the house so they don't end up dead. I wouldn't be shooting the zombies just for fun; after all, there's limited ammunition.

Considering the scenario, I probably would be stressed out of my mind, though. So being the weak person I am, I might end up ripping up my arms haha. Any sense of morals I have now would be gone because of the stress. But blood would not be ideal during a zombie apocalypse, though! (;

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I'm pretty sure I won't survive for at least two seconds. I'm a huge scaredy-cat, so I don't expect I'll live long. Let's say I just woke up. There's probably a zombie eating my hand at that time, and sooner or later, I'll be like them.

Altomare

Purupuru!
    Years
    I'd probably run away.....and end up getting eaten by the zombies. I'm not very physical unfortunately and the best weapon around the house are maybe the knives in the kitchen and tools in my dad's kit.

Years

Ditto. :D

Take my Captain...

You are all welcome to join me on a zombie killing quest! >:3
    But seriously, Kura's post was very logical. Personally, I would get this car:

The Marauder
    Spoiler:

That thing can take explosions below it and still drive off; zombies will bounce off it.
    [/indent]

Khawill

<3
    Years
    Well I would set out to find my friends who are least likely to survive alone (I already know who they are) Hopefully they followed my advice and stayed at home. Then I would go to the military base that I live on and drop them off there. (They would be much safer there with people who have m14s). Then I would go around saving people, killing zombies, and doing whatever I want.

You see a zombie apocalypse is like a free card for me, because if I save one person, even if I die, I'd die for another life. And if I save nobody maybe there's an afterlife to regret it, maybe not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Most people i know say that they'll kill every zombie they see and they'll be one of the last people on earth but they are probably the ones who'll be one of the firsts to go.I might make it for a couple days alone,maybe if i'm in a group i might last longer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'll travel rural areas probably in a STALKER-esque getup to protect against spread of the presumed virus. So, rural areas? Avoidance is the surest way to survive; humankind's mind is its greatest adaptation, something I understand and would put to use. As far as my character goes under such duress, I could certainly remain calm and probably cohere a small group — and groups will be necessary to restart the human population.

Take my Captain and escape onto some sort of cruise ship or yacht or like.. crab/lobster catching boat or something. Can fish for food, use the kitchen to boil the salt out of the seawater, etc, and basically survive until the apocalypse is over, if it ever is over. Plus I wouldn't want to be alone in that sort of situation.. so why not just have a life at sea with a loved one? If the disease is not airborne anyways.. then it'd be nice to live the rest of the days away from the undead trying to rip off your face.
    While it's a great idea, a ship won't last a lifetime out at sea unless it's nuclear-powered, and in any case the nets and/or food won't. It's certainly doable; you'd only have to come ashore every few weeks or months, but you would risk entering a town port if you wanted to gather any meaningful supplies, and towns = more people = more zombies. What I'm saying is, staying at sea holds significant advantages, but at the cost of the disadvantages being equally significant.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I would join the fun, suit myself up so I won't become one of the zombies, grab the katana in my dad's room and call my other friends that would LOVE killing zombies.

I think being a hardcore zombie movie/game fan helps in these cases haha :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I would raid the nearest gun store and barricade my family and friends inside a grocery store until we can find a safe haven to live in. :P

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    What type of zombies are we actually talking about? The Romero zombies or the modern ones that can run/think(?) and use tools/jump? If it's the latter ones, the situation would be pretty screwed for casuals. The Romero kind could be manageable. I've recently read The Walking Dead so it taught me some stuff haha.

I would be pretty much safe in my house. The gates could use some support, but the fence is solid and great defense against the Romero zombies. Water wouldn't be a problem, but getting food could be troublesome. The most important thing is to be organized and be in a large group. Ten people can protect themselves better than two. At least that's what The Walking Dead taught me in the most recent issues. Getting guns would be a problem, the only weapons I have are three axes, short and light one, and two longer ones. And of course knives, but they are pretty useless for bigger battles. Practicing sword arts would be the best idea for a zombie apocalypse.

Now, the apocalypse technically shouldn't last too long, due to their bodies decomposing. And the next problem, endless cycle of new ones, since everyone becomes a zombie after dying.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Gun in one hand, axe in the other, knife on my leg, sword on my back and another gun on my other leg. Then I'd enjoy myself going nuts until they get me or I get them. :)

If I survived I'd probably leave to some place where I can live without the hassle of zombies always coming for me. Perhaps a tropical deserted island or something like that (Castaway/ Robinson Crusoe style.)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'd gather weapons and kill as many as I could (which probably wouldn't be many lol) and I'd keep a gun on me with one bullet to kill myself once I'm cornered... because death by my own hand is preferable to death by zombies.

Back