• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV: Pseudo Legen-

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
wait for it...

Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
This week, our poll question was suggested by Zinnia, so make sure to go thank her if you like the topic. Also, as a bonus for your contributions, anyone who has their poll question featured will be awarded with a special emblem at the end of the week! So if you've got a suggestion for a POTW of your own, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread.

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Of all the pseudo legendary Pokémon, which are your favorites?"

Plenty of options for you to pick from this time around, so it should be interesting to see how the results turn out this week. Anyway, that's enough from me- it's time to get voting!

Spoiler:

...daries.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Dragonite and Metagross :3 Dragonite is the original dragon and the final evo for Dragonair, which is a pokemon I really like. Metagross is just a really cool design and concept, plus it's typing was fascinating when I discovered it in Ruby.

The rest... I don't particularly care for. Hydreigon is cool, I suppose.

Ah I always loved all the Pseudo legends(except Goodra,awful).But If I have to chose any,I'll go with Salamence and Garchomp.These are my favorites.

Salamence Is my favorite I guess,as I grew up playing 3rd Gen Games.A little slow in evolving,but when it does,a Beast comes out.Awesome attack and stuff,great move-pool and awesome design.Not much to say about the Mega though,not very good nor bad for me.

Garchomp is one of my favorite from Sinnoh.I mean c'mon,not everyday you come across a Land Shark.Just love the design,awesome attacks and more than decent stats.And the mega doesn't really attract me,bad design to be honest.And Cynthias' Chomp was one of my favorites in the Anime.Also Ashs' Gible was pretty funny too.

For the rest of em,I'm kinda neutral.I like how Tyranitar looks,and has great defense. Metagross is awesome too with its unique typing and that unbelievable defense. I need to work hard every time when I battle a Metagross,just hard to find a move Super Effective against it.Dragonair is okay,but not very fond of it.Hydreigon looks cool too with the Wicked looks and the Three-Head Concept.

Now Goodra is something Im really disappointed with.Awful desing,I mean....A goo-ey thing and not even looks good.Never used it in my team,so not sure about battles.Awful Evo-line and it honestly ruined the Pseudo-Legend thing.All the Pseudo Legends look gangsta and totally amazing.It just looks so childish

blue

gucci
Years
I've never been a fan of the Pseudo-Legends, or used them for that matter. If I had to pick a favourite though it would probably be Metagross. I think the typing combination works well, and design wise it looks the most intimidating. I guess you could say Salamence is a pretty cool Pseudo-Legendary too.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If Goodra had a more unique typing I SO would have picked that over Metagross.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I mean c'mon,not everyday you come across a Land Shark.

hqdefault.jpg

im terrible

I think that Bagon -> Shellgon -> Salamence was quite alright even if it was in much a repeat of Tyranitar's idea, and Hydreigon's line can get a pass just because of the "more heads idea", but Gible's and Goomy's lines... They basically just get bigger. Something more enticing in regards to shape and abilities would have been cool. They're just not exciting me at all as they are now.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
My favorite is Metagross I think, followed by Dragonite. Metagross just has such an awesome design. Dragonite is the coolest of the pseudo-dragons to me. I think it's because he looks so derpy, but he was also menacing in the anime. Goodra is fun I think, but I haven't really seen him ingame yet, so that's a reason why I don't have him up there. My least favorite must be Garchomp. I really never cared for him. I think Gible isn't that great, and that turned me off of the whole line.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I went for the originals - Dragonite and Tyranitar.

Dragonite has Multiscale and a derpy face, which is awesome. Tyranitar is the main reason sand was (and still is) such a good playstyle, and has a huge movepool.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
"wait for it... ... daries" - you crack me up!

I voted for two - my favourite to use on a team is by far Dragonite, he's a really strong and diverse Pokémon with a lot of fun attacks and he suits my play style well, plus Multiscale is beast. My other vote went to Goodra, simply because it's such a cute little thing and the 'motherly' aspect of its design appeals to me for some strange reason can anyone say counselling?. In general I'm not a big fan of pseudos but these two I like!

Years
I voted purely on design mostly here, but I did vote one in terms of usability as well.

I picked Dragonite, Hydreigon, Goodra and Garchomp for this one. Dragonite and Goodra are hella cute while still being able to kick ass (typical of Dragon-types) while Hydreigon has one of the most badass-looking designs, along with a unique type combination. Garchomp is a fast, strong attacker that can be obtained earlier than the other pseudo-legends, particularly in Platinum where the Wayward Cave is now accessible as early as after the 2nd badge is earned.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it's Metagross, absolutely.

What makes this Pokémon stand out, at least in my eyes, is that, well, it cannot be found in the wild in a lot of games; this makes Beldum family rather rare and valuable. In order to obtain them, we'd sometimes have to wait until we get the opportunity. Aside from that, its appearance seems to suit itself without much trouble, which is another thing that draws me.

Along with above, I'm also a big Salamence fan. Although I was never able to capture myself a Bagon back in RSE days, which had led me to quit trying to complete native PokéDex, I still feel this is an amazing family line; from my point of view, they represent the term "dragon" very well.

Years
I'm going to have to go with Goodra for my first choice. Yeah it's another dragon, so it already doesn't win for "most unique design" among the pseudo-legendaries, but...I happen to like dragons, and besides it's a snail/slug dragon thing and compared to the other dragons that is kind of unique. I tend to like the dragon-types that aren't just straight-up dragons. That and it's purple. No but seriously, out of all the choices its colors are the most appealing to me. So slippery little Goodra, you get my vote here.

Although Dragonite's not too far behind. Dragonite's just a classic and I've always kind of liked its look. It gets one too!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I voted for Salamance because of it's design, and it's the one that I have the most fondness raising. It's always been my favorite because it's blue and looks like a dangerous dragon without being too scary. Bagon was also the first Pokemon I attempted to EV train in Pearl.

While Dragonite is cute, and the one that I grew up with, Salamance is just a beast.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I voted Dragonite - Nostalgics and all that
and also I vote Hydreigon becuz' its design and typing are pretty unique and Black/Purple/Blue is a neat combination

On the other hand I dislike bullies making abusive use of Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar. And their designs aren't my faves.

ANd I've never played such as I can battle with/against Metagross or Goodra.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
NO BRENDINO THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN FAR OVER DONE

I think I'm just going to tattoo METAGROSS across my forehead seeing as this question is asked so frequently.

Years
Hydreigon is still my #1 favorite of these seven. It has one of my favorite designs in the series and despite that glaring Fairy weakness, it still has quite a bit it can do. And not to mention battling Ghetsis' in BW usually throws me for a curve.

I gave the other votes to Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp, all of which i've always liked for some reason or another that i've probably mentioned before.

pkmin3033

I went with Tyranitar, because it's got the best name of all of them, and to me its the original badass Pokemon. I know Dragonite came first, but it's not a particularly awe-inspiring Pokemon in terms of design; it looks far too gentle. Well...except for that HUGE one in the anime. But Tyranitar looks much more intimidating and, even if it isn't as useful as it used to be, I much prefer it to all the dragons on the list...and Metagross caused me far too much hassle for me to like it much.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hydreigon.

I don't care that it dies twice over by Fairy Wind, nor do I care that Ghetsis has a hacked one, the cheater.

What I do care about, however, is how it looks and is used. Its got some great stats, being a good mixed attacker, though mostly in the special attacking department. Dark/Dragon's also a sick typing...it's an evil dragon! What more could you want? Also, the name...German numerals, man!

Back