• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Leafeon & Glaceon

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
tumblr_static_dwv6o8yhansw0kos40cwc4g4c.gif

Gen 4's Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum introduces two new pokemon - two more members of the Eevee family: Glaceon and Leafeon! It's a little bit different to evolve Eevee into these two pokemon though: Leafeon evolves from Eevee by leveling one up near the Moss Rock in Eterna Forest. Glaceon evolves from Eevee by leveling one up near the Ice Rock near Snowpoint City.

Leafeon リーフィア
Spr_4d_470.png
Spr_4d_470_s.png

Leafeon is a grass type pokemon. It has great attack, but not as much as Flareon. But, it can make up for that by learning Swords Dance, with great moves like Yawn, and Synthesis for backup! Plus it's defense isn't that bad to tank hits too.

Glaceon グレイシア
Spr_4d_471.png
Spr_4d_471_s.png

Glaceon is an Ice type pokemon! It has really great Special Attack to use it's signature Ice moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard. It also has the ability Snow Cloak to make it more evasive during a Hail storm! The only problem is it's lack of speed and HP, so treat it with care!

At any case: Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon? Which one did you play with in-game in D/P/Pl, if you did have one? What did you think of this new Eeveelution method? Share any other thoughts here!

Years
Honestly, they are kinda bland. Design-wise, they lack some more intense colors. These light blue and light green colors dont really make them stand out.
Also, lets face it, there are many Eeveeloutions. Most of my attention is directed to Umbreon and Jolteon followed by Vaporeon, Flareon and Espeon.
Still though, they are pretty cool and its nice they are completing the Eevee family.
I prefer Glaceon mostly cos of the Ice typing. :)

Years
I think this new mechanic was pretty interesting, especially on top of all the other weird evolution methods we got in this generation. I sadly never used either on my in-game team because I often had a full team before I was even able to get the Eevee, or before getting to the required location. Still, I sometimes used them in other games but that's out of the question. I like both, but because I love blue Pokemon I like Glaceon slightly better. Also, I do like Ice-types a bit over Grass-types so it fits.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
If it was between these two, I'd totally pick Leafeon. In fact, Leafeon is my favourite eeveeelution. Leafeon has a better design imo, it's totally cuter than any other eeveelution, and it's really underrated.

I think Leafeon is the rarest eeveelution amongst people, but it's not fair to it. I really can't understand is not rated amongst other people, I really do think it's a really great pokemon.

pkmin3033

Glaceon is easily my favourite Eeveelution; I love how graceful its design is. I didn't play with one - and I doubt I will in my current Platinum playthrough - but I'm not generally fond of using Eevee in my games. It's evolution method is a serious pain as well, as it means you can't get one until fairly late in the game.

Tek

Years
I think these two have the best designs in the Eevee family. I also really like that they are monotype.

I traded an Eevee egg to my Diamond version so I could use Leafeon during my Egyptian Myths challenge. He was bred on my HG with Sunny Day and I named him Ra :]

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
When it comes to Leafeon and Glaceon, I prefer Leafeon. I've used it in Pokemon Conquest, and it was wonderful.

Glaceon is overrated in my opinion. On one hand, it's cute and strong, and has a nice design. On the other hand, it's slow, not so bulky, has little coverage, is weak to four types, and resists nothing but Ice. Even though it has 110 Defense, a strong physical Fire or Fighting type move is enough to do it in.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Personally in my Platinum runs, I tend to go for Leafeon more since I'm way to impatient to wait until I can go up to Snowpoint City just to evolve Eevee to Glaceon, ugh. Still though, it wasn't too bad! I really love it's Leaf Blade destroying those Water and Ground types for my Chimchar, nyahaha.

Still though in terms of design, Glaceon is pretty much one of my all time favourite Eeveelutions in general because while it looks simple, it's adorable! The ears remind me of Zelda, weird as that sounds, but yeah!

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
both of them are really cute, but my favorite is definitely glaceon. its design is so pretty. i had a glaceon in platinum and it was one of the best pokémon in my team. c:

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Glaceon is my favorite eeveeloution. It's design is adorable I love it. I tend to always go for Glaceon if that specific eeveeloution is available. That or id go for Espeon.

blue

gucci
Years
I find these two underrated, most probably because they joined the eeveelution party kinda late. Personally these are my two favourite eeveelutions type and appearance wise.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Leafeon.

I like its whole natural appearance, I like how easy it is to evolve an Eevee into it (screw heading all the way up Route Snow-in-my-Feet/216 and 216 to get a Glaceon), and I like the moveset it has. Leaf Blade is an amazing move.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
yo I totally designed a very similar Leafeon when I was like nine and I'm pretty sure a lot of others did too lmao

but I do like Glaceon more just cause I don't really like grass types so much? Ice is fun~ And May has a Glaceon <3 but I only used them when I did an Eeveelution team, otherwise I'm not a fan of single-type Pokémon. :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon? Which one did you play with in-game in D/P/Pl, if you did have one? What did you think of this new Eeveelution method?

I have always preferred ice types over many and glaceon was no different its easily on my top ten list with its cuteness and elegance! Its shiny form was also very appealing and i was happy to have it and it easily took out all my rivals although its form of receiving was harder than leafeons it was definately worth it for me!

I used both actually to compare in my platinum adventure i used leafeon and in diamond glaceon. Both performed very well but glaceon won me over completely but leafeon is still a very cool eeveelution!

Oh god this evolution method was a lot of work haha mainly cause for me i needed a rare candy for glaceon at that level and it was quite the hike to Mt. coronet haha but overall i kinda like it although i do wonder some days if we had a freeze stone for glaceon and a leaf stone for leafeon i just feel it would be weird and this way made it pretty cool although you have to transfer the stones to each new game no GF Haha :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I like these two! Glaceon is my favourite out of the pair though mainly because of its appearance as May's evolved Eevee and the fat that it's evolutionary "rock" is near Snowpoint city, one of my favourite places in Sinnoh.

Years
I love these two! Originally I didn't care much for them but they grew on me and are some of my favorite eeveelutions now. :') Leafeon is probably my favorite since it served me so well in Diamond.. the attack and defense stats were awesome, especially with the physical and special split. I loved my Leafeon so much it was one of my first Pokemon to get to the lv. 90s+ in these games.
470.gif
Go Leaf Blade.

Glaceon is lovely too but really frail and slow so I didn't train it until later, though I do love mine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Glaceon was my favourite eeveelution for a while because it was a really cool Pokémon concept with a stunning design, but since my boyfriend bought a Leafeon plushie for me I've found the Pokémon to be so damn cute and it has a really cool playstyle too. Definitely my two favourite eeveelutions overall haha, they're really cool Pokémon and much more interesting than the standard other Pokemon Eevee turns into.

Melacine

kik: melacinee
Years
I remember not liking them very much at first, but in recent years I have definitely had a change of heart. Glaceon is the one I prefer, and I am pretty sure I used it in my SS game. It's been a while, so I could be wrong lol. Leafeon is pretty neat too, and I also like grass Pokemon in general so. I've never used either of them on WiFi battles or anything, but in-game they seem to be useful. I'm pretty sure I used Glaceon to take down most of Lance's dragons.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Glaceon is probably my favorite Eeveelution. Except its always available at the damn end so I never really use it. :( I've actually never really liked Leafeon. I find its design kind of awkward and I prefer many other Grass types available in the same games as it. :(

Back