bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
16,194 posts
13.2 Years
Check out its official art, found on a guide book! There’s also a short trailer about the upcoming Sun and Moon anime season to watch.

Read the article here!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.3 Years
Good to see some different artwork of it, but I still don't know how I feel about the design. It certainly isn't as bad as the likes of Alolan Diglett or Dugtrio, I just feel like they could have done it muuuch better when it comes to a Pokemon like Persian.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen January 9th, 2021
Posted October 24th, 2019
1,707 posts
6.4 Years
Super disappointed .... Persian had so much potential, and they had to made is head look like a balloon or something :/ It's so ugly .. ughh. (not as bad as dugtrio... the thing doesn't even make sense). I'm glad they chose to show us, in the trailers, the best Alola Forms.
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen March 21st, 2021
Posted March 21st, 2021
5,143 posts
11 Years
I'll be honest. It doesn't really bother me. As long as we get an explanation why Alolan Forms are how they are, they don't bother me at all.

I have never been a fan of Persian, so this didn't really concern me too much. I honestly didn't think they could make it much more different than it already is.

It would have been nice to have gotten more Alolans than 18, but it is still possible some may not be unlocked till we get the National Dex, in which case, couldn't be datamined.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper

Age 36
Finland
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
972 posts
13.8 Years
It looks like a fusion of Garfield and Persian.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Crizzle

Legend

Age 26
Male
USA
Seen December 7th, 2020
Posted April 11th, 2020
946 posts
6.1 Years
Alolan Persian is awful. They pretty much ruined everything that made Persian good. Why didn't they just change the color and leave it at that? The other Alolan forms have been okay, but this one was very poor.
Pokemon Savage Silver
Check out the crappy hacks that I made:

Credit to Corazon(or whatever he calls himself now) for banner.
Pokemon CAWPS
Pokemon Outlaw

Entermaid

Non-binary
The States
Seen November 6th, 2016
Posted October 27th, 2016
2,140 posts
8.3 Years
I honestly do not mind Alola Dugtrio. It's based on sirens who call sailors toward rocks to cause their ships to wreck or be stranded. Does it look silly, yes. But at least it is not entirely boring and makes some sense.

Alolan Persian is just boring and ugly. The worst of both worlds. Sure, it is pampered and overindulged, but why just a fat head? It could have designed around gold and jewels (featured in the original designs) and designed around the idea of an over-indulgence and luxury but instead it is just insanely ugly AND boring.

I'd give it 1/10. By far my least favorite pokemon design of gen 7.
#Team Popplio & Brionne

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!

Age 21
Female
UK
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted December 12th, 2020
479 posts
4.8 Years
I was disappointed at first, and I still think Game freak could have done something so much better. But somehow its starting to grow on me, it looks really goofy and as a number of people said above it looks like Garfield, which I loved as a kid. I was probably disappointed more at the fact I wanted to have it on my team, but at the moment it would look so out of place.

Tbh it's concept art looks much better than its 3D sprite. I wouldn't mind if they taken the sprite out and replaced it with the art, even if it looked totally unprofessional. XD

Esper

California
Seen June 30th, 2018
Posted June 30th, 2018
I don't feel any hesitation in saying I think it's the worst thing we've seen in Sun and Moon.

Persian was always a bland looking Pokemon so I had hoped for an improvement of some kind when we got the Meowth reveal. I thought that they could only improve on it. I was wrong.

Also, Alolan Dugtrio is fabulous.

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
12,024 posts
5.8 Years
Well, looks like I'm with everyone else and I also don't like it. But then, I didn't like the new Meowth much either so I wasn't expecting it to have a good design.
This signature has been disabled.
Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
11,190 posts
15.8 Years
Persian had the potential to have a really pretty Alolan form. Sort of like what they did with Vulpix and Ninetales. Even Meowth looks pretty nice, but Persian is disappointing. Probably because its body looks nearly the same as always, but it's like they got lazy drawing the head and just drew a huge circle and called it good.

I can't leave this spot that's empty without you
It's an area that no one else can fill
The night's never gonna be the same.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Sylphiel

Between your fantasy and my reality
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 9th, 2020
13,122 posts
16.5 Years
This was another that I wondered for a brief moment if it was just some artist's rendition of what Alolan Persian might look like, since...yeah, definite Garfield vibes like whoa from this one. I wasn't expecting them to go that cartoony on the design compared to regular Persian. :P

I am indifferent to this one. I don't hate it, but neither do I really like it.
Male
Kalos Region! Uh i mean Denmark..
Seen February 20th, 2017
Posted December 23rd, 2016
68 posts
4.7 Years
Why is so many people hating it? IT'S CUTEEE! ^_^ I love that Garfield face! I need to catch one in Sun and Moon! ^^

Honestly, I feel like I'm the only one who actually loves Alolan Persian. It's so cute! I can't wait to get one on my team.
And You're not alone ;)
Have a Good day! ^^ ^^ ^^
Male
Seen May 31st, 2019
Posted September 30th, 2017
80 posts
4.6 Years
"Ugly-cute" cats are in right now. So hot.
Poor Purugly already tried that and it didn't go too well for it.

Actually when you think about it the Alolan Meowth line is basically the same as the Glameow line, a purple/gray fancy cat that becomes a spoiled ugly cat upon evolving, that's kinda disappointing.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen January 9th, 2021
Posted October 24th, 2019
1,707 posts
6.4 Years
But Purugly looks badass and Alola Persian just looks .....stupid. I don't really get it... Alola Persian had so much potential. I would love if it had some "jewels" in its body, since Alola Meowth was raised by the Royal Family. But this.... This is such a boring design.... GF got lazy there '-'
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

Pichu

Age 28
Male
NY
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
6,000 posts
12.1 Years
The had the opportunity to do a lot when designing Alolan Persian... like making it regal/majestic. This is really disappointing.