• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Small Writing Competition!
Judged by Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie.

f5VPKbS.jpg

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! The gist is simple - write a story based on the prompt, and submit it to the judges before the deadline.

Rules
1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) Stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before. You also are not allowed to post it anywhere else until judging is over. Having someone beta read your entry prior to submission in private is allowed.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 15th July to get your entry in.
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon, another fandom, or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please! There is no word limit.

Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

Each participant will receive a minimum of 50 points for their team when their entry is sent in. 3rd place gets 100 points (including those participation points), 2nd gets 200, and 1st place 300 points.

This year, you can choose one of the prompts! You can choose either Contentment or Frustration.

Entrants

VisionofMilotic
Hyzenthlay
Eleanor
Venia Silente
Aquacorde
Radio
Sqwerty
Juno

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
> implying I wouldn't be already in

Technically, I will be unavailable from now until the 10th (meaning also I won't be around to support the team in the VGM Quiz, sorry) and that leaves me at most like five days of participation barring extensions but come on, like that's ever stopped me before, we all know how the play goes. I'm a glutton for punishment. Please send help. If I get back bby 10th or 11th I'll let you know to officially confirm my participation.

Years
Going to give it a go this year. I've not written anything seriously in around two years now, so this would be a nice little motivator to get going again!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hmm, interesting prompts... Hopefully I can get something in this year, will be fun just to give it a try!

Bay

Years
Hiya folks! Dropping by to check in to see how you're all doing with your entries or if there's anyone else interested. Remember, you have until July 15th to turn in your entries and you can either choose the prompt "contentment" or "frustration"!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Ok hi
I'd be interested in trying something out, just unsure if I'll be able to write an entire story in due time... because all I have so far is some rough plans!
Wish me luck, send me hugs, and I can probably make something <3

Venia Silente

Years
Hiya folks! Dropping by to check in to see how you're all doing with your entries or if there's anyone else interested. Remember, you have until July 15th to turn in your entries and you can either choose the prompt "contentment" or "frustration"!

I just got back to life yesterday evening, so today I'll be working on the prompts to settle on one of three ideas I have for the contest. Two contentment, one frustration.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Things have taken quite a sudden downward turn for me so I'm not sure I'll be able to meet the deadline after all - I only have ideas drafted at the moment, nothing written up. However, if by some miracle I can write an entire story in two days I'll still send it in ^ ^

Venia Silente

Years
I don't know how's everyone else doing with their writing, but I wanted to ask and see how we were doing and if there was any use to a request for a 12h or 24h extension.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
We've decided to give you a 24 hour extension, but that's as long as we're giving everyone.

That's a bit lucky. I haven't even started my entry yet mostly because of Majora's Mask Randomizer tournament qualifiers, so that extension will likely help me get my entry done in time...I think. I hope, at least.

Years
Unfortunately I might need to back out :( The last few days have been so exhausting and I'm just not mentally there, can't get my creativity flowing at all (and my event participation has really dwindled as a result). But I still really love my idea and hope to make it a reality in the form of a short story which I hopefully will post in FF&W <3

Venia Silente

Years
I'm one scene to the end so this should be done by tonight. If I'm extremely lucky I might deliver by morning tomorrow, else it'll have to be after lunch. But certainly the extension did help (this might be the first SWC entry since like 2016 where I did not have to drop scenes!!!!!!!) , so thanks for that!

Hyzenthlay

Years
Here to confirm I have submitted an entry! I suppose it wasn't wise staying up all night to do so, but I'm content to have it done. <3

Bay

Years
We got your entries, Milotic and Hyzenthlay!

Also dropping by real quick to remind everyone that you have 24 hours from now to turn in an entry for the SWC!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Hello, I've sent my entry to all the judges! Or tried to, we'll see <3
I hope it's a good read :pleading_face: ♥

Venia Silente

Years
Hey everyone I've sent my submission for this contest.

Technically it's a first revision, if there are still changes to be made and time allows I might submit a furtther revision, but in the meantime this should do at a contest-ready level.

Please lmk if any issues.

Back