bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 59 Minutes Ago
Posted 59 Minutes Ago
16,375 posts
13.7 Years
News, mixed with some opinions by yours truly! Hot takes are had (well, maybe just the one, I don't think anything else I said will be disagreed with by most. But now you have to click to find out the hot take, ahahaha

But yeah that Exp. Share isn't turning off =(

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Pichu

Age 28
Male
Unova
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
6,058 posts
12.5 Years
Yeah that's a bummer. I hated having to make the decision of who gets a TM lol
Paired to Inky, Fletch & Rabinov
Moderator of Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Discord Moderator

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,756 posts
7.3 Years
Going back to single use TMs is such a strange decision, I understand they wanted to stay true to the original but if Gen 3 remake has them why doesn't the Gen 4 remake have them either? But even so, why would they want to remove other things not named statues from secret bases when the Gen 3 remake had other stuff as well? At the very least they are better optimizing weather and status? At least hoping it doesn't turn battles to a crawl like SwSh's raid battles where it will be resolved one at a time. It's also unfortunate it is on the same day as Endwalker's early access as well for those wanting to play either the newest Pokemon game or the latest expansion. I'm not playing this day 1 since I'd rather play Endwalker plus I have school but I'm still hoping the remakes will be enjoyed for those wanting to play it.
|
Pal: Dakota

Basculegion

Age 31
Male
Buffalo, NY
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
860 posts
18.1 Years
Going back to single use TMs is definitely a bizarre, unnecessary change. The devs sure have some explaining to do on that one.

That said, I’d be much more OK with it if they make it relatively easy to get multiples (e.g. a shop in the postgame that has every TM for sale).

The Mega Champion

Strategist

Age 32
Male
Ohio
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,114 posts
14.1 Years
None of this bothers me in the slightest.

Single use TM is weird I'll admit but it is what it is I guess. I'm disappointed that I can't have whoever I want in Amity Square but as long as I can have whoever I want elsewhere that's still good enough for me.

Also there is literally nothing wrong with the Exp. Share and just proves that the complaints about it are those who want more of a 'challenge' or whatever and complain about Pokemon being 'too easy' or whatever.

If you want a challenge... just do a nuzlocke or whatever (which I'll also never do). If that's still not good enough... go play Dark Souls (which I'll also never play)
Support #OperationSurvive in whatever way you can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsBSkZ_PMQ

Nah

Age 29
she/her, they/them
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
14,957 posts
7.9 Years
kinda weird how they were like "HMs are now accessed via the Bidoof app" and then turn around and bring back single-use TMs

what's even the point of going back to that really
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

ZeoStar

Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
kinda weird how they were like "HMs are now accessed via the Bidoof app" and then turn around and bring back single-use TMs

what's even the point of going back to that really
This is a running theme with anything Nintendo related.

There's usually a good decision backed behind something completely bizarre.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
182 posts
61 Days
I am meh about the single TM use, but am not surprised on EXP share. I like EXP share myself, honestly.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,663 posts
12.7 Years
Single tm use is the worst decision, tbh. Guess I won't be teaching any, then! Everything else is fine, though.
Theme: Elizabeth Veuve
Pair: Taemin

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00

Age 20
he/they
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
23 posts
5.1 Years
These changes are so odd, they stay faithful for things that don't need it at all like the single TM usage, but then other things they update, very weird.
Team always subject to change

Megan

Explorer Empress

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 39 Minutes Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
9,079 posts
8.7 Years
I don't mind seeing some more restrictions to TMs, tbh. I don't know if going back to the old system is the right way to do it, though. Maybe if they try to push a fun feature of the new games then I can see them putting more TMs behind said feature. But so far we haven't gotten any such reveals. It's either going to be a killer feature they keep until the end. Or it's going to be somethingtedious (probably).

I don't mind the EXP-Share. I play in Switch mode, anyway. That mitigates the EXP gain somewhat.

Not sure if advertising a feature as "we took out all the cool stuff and replaced it with statues" is a good advertising move. Then again, Secret Bases aren't what they used to be. Even the ORAS ones were somewhat strange to me...
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations, Forum Games and VPP
Isn't intelligence what gives you insights of your own thoughts at the expense of losing sight of what's in front of you?

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
182 posts
61 Days
Single tm use is the worst decision, tbh. Guess I won't be teaching any, then! Everything else is fine, though.
I almost never teach my pokemon TM moves anyway, so it doesn't hurt me any.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796
Male
England
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
94 posts
5.8 Years
I think SwSh actually got the balance right with TMs, and the situation sounds similar here. Single use but, a little effort and you can re-obtain them. Hopefully it's possible to re-obtain every TM, and without too much ridiculous effort.

I have to agree with others about Exp Share though. It would be so little effort to put a toggle in.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer

Age 24
Female
Cali
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
140 posts
11.9 Years
I can't say I'm suprised by any of this. It kind of annoys me that the exp share is stuck on indefinitely for the fact of, if I sit in a route and catch a bazillion Pokemon I might super level my party but, like in SWSH, I have the workaround of just loading out my party with mons I'm not using in my main team to evolve and fill out my dex. The single use TMs feels a bit weird to go back to but seeing as we can get more of the TMs it doesn't really bother me. Just hope we'll have a TM for Fly & Surf lol.