• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark revealed

Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark revealed

Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark revealed

Hisuian Zorua is extra cute to boot! Eat your heart out, Hisuian Growlithe.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    too bad, I was hoping for a new pokemon :(
    The design is okay but the type though, it will be interesting

pkmin3033

Honestly not a fan, although given that Zoroark is Gen V's Lucario in terms of design aesthetic...yeah. Normal/Ghost is at least an interesting typing, but this isn't something I can picture myself using.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • These are amazing and I love the color and design. Although Zoroark reminds me of Midnight Lycanroc. I am disappointed in the typing. But I think it is the first normal ghost we've had. I had hoped it was Ice Type. But I am fine with this.

I am so glad I was right with it teasing two pokemon and was completely right on one walking on fours and the other on two. Haha :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    To be honest, I'm a fan of the design but NOT of the typing. Not because I don't want a Normal/Ghost type, but…why not create a NEW Pokémon with that typing. It's one that's never been used.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Pokémon company is using regional forms as just an excuse to throw new type combos at us when they simply don't have any ideas for a new Pokémon species that could fit that type?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    Before, it was only possible to be normal/ghost through the move trick or treat. This will be an interesting mon, especially if its ability still is "Illusion"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm a fan of the design but NOT of the typing. Not because I don't want a Normal/Ghost type, but…why not create a NEW Pokémon with that typing. It's one that's never been used.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Pokémon company is using regional forms as just an excuse to throw new type combos at us when they simply don't have any ideas for a new Pokémon species that could fit that type?

I wouldn't say that. They have more than enough ideas for a new pokemon. Honestly it makes the most sense going by the lore we know from the books in the 6th gym city library in SInnoh.

They have constantly been adding new type combinations for new pokemon, as well as forms. Just because they are using a certain type doesn't mean they are out of ideas.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Definitely expected this, but not the typing! Very cool. I am likely going to catch one and use it. Been wanting a Normal/Ghost type for quite awhile!

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    That defensive typing tho. Gonna be a field day whenever this hits competitive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't really see how they are part Ghost type from their appearance... but interested in trying them out definitely!

Being a ghost can mean something else than something that is dead. Some camouflaged clothing is called ghost camo which is usually white and grey.

The Ghost typing is likely coming from how it blends in with the snow, but snow showing aspects of being an an ice type. So when you see the two pokemon move in pure snow, all you are seeing is the red that likely looks like a ghost moving.

With us not getting updated info on the main sites, I have a feeling we are gonna get another shadow drop trailer in a week or two.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Feels indifferent towards the design, relative to the original. Neither added nor subtracted much. Mentions one main criticism of Hisuian Zoroark: the similarity to Midnight Lycanroc. Features the same silhouette and color palette.
    Lycanroc Zoroark Comparison.png

Approves of the new typing, presuming the same ability. Allows plenty of surprise immunities. Questions the point of creating a Hisuian variant with the same ability as the regular one. What differentiates it from the original? Just the typing?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Looks like most speculation on what it was ended up being correct lol

Not a huge fan of these Pokemon but it's popular enough I suppose so a new regional variant was probably going to happen to it eventually. Better sooner than later I guess?

I might not get one myself but there are definitely those out there, like a particular PokeTuber, who will chase after it due to it being their favorite Pokemon lol (HeroVoltsy)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't really get why they couldn't have just given us this version of the footage in the first place, but at least we know what the Pokemon are now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I wouldn't say that. They have more than enough ideas for a new pokemon. Honestly it makes the most sense going by the lore we know from the books in the 6th gym city library in SInnoh.

They have constantly been adding new type combinations for new pokemon, as well as forms. Just because they are using a certain type doesn't mean they are out of ideas.

Oh I totally would. I mean, think of all the unique type combos in just two generations that they gave to regional forms. Ice/Fairy for Alolan Nintales, Ice/Steel for Alolan Sandslash, Electric/Psychic for Alolan Raichu, Rock/Electric for the Alolan Golem line, Psychic/Poison for Galarian Slowking and Slowbro, Dark/Normal for both the Alolan Raticate and Galarian Linoone lines. At least in the case of that last one, we got a new evolution for the line in Obstagoon. And now, Normal/Ghost with Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark.

And I'm not saying that unique type combinations have to always be reserved for new Pokémon. BUT, the speed with which they're slapping unique combinations on regional forms signals to me that they simply want to use those types but don't have the ideas for new Pokemon to apply them to.

And personally, I'd wanna see some of these type combos applied to new Pokémon that seem to actually fit better. I think Electric/Psychic was kinda wasted on Alolan Raichu since nothing about that Pokémon really screams Psychic-type to me. It could just have easily been Electric/Fairy or Electric/Flying. I'd have wanted to see that type combo on like a sentient lightbulb Pokémon or a floating brain Pokémon (since brains emit electrical impulses) instead.

Same thing for Galarian Slowbro/Slowking. The justification for their Poison-typing is that Shellder's bite set off a chemical reaction with the "spices in its body." Sorry, but…"spices" in their body?? That's weak justification if I've ever seen it. Especially when they could have created a psychedelic themed Pokémon instead.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Kind of disappointed it wasn't a new species, just a regional variant. Don't get me wrong, the Zorua line is one of my favourites, but they're also a pretty typical design of cutesy fox. Would've been cool to see an entirely new design instead of reusing old ones, especially since the differences in this case aren't so big, pretty much just white-tipped and slightly wavy/floaty fur.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Whelp, I guess I know what's being added to my LoA team lol. I've always been a fan of the Zorua line since it's introduction in Gen 5 and this regional variant is just as adorable to me as the original xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I did some Google Translating of some stuff said about the pokemon from the Japanese site. Again..... this is google, so it may not be 100% accurate.

"Well, I was surprised to hear the report!
    It is said to have lived in the jade region long ago,
    I caught Zorua and Zoroark in the shape of jade,
    It was a valuable video!"

"Even more surprising, these two seem to be normal ghost types.
    But it's not just a scary Pokemon.
    This is Zoroark, who was worried that Zorua would be in danger.
    The moment I tried to protect it!

He made a really wonderful discovery!"
    "About the two animals discovered this time,
    I think I can give you more information in the near future.
    Please look forward to it!
    I'm really thankful to you!"

Back