• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The water type club

Years
  • Age 18
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
In this club: We share are favorite water type Poke'mon and facts about them. All of us in this club love water types and things about them like: Their habitats, or where you can find them in games. I believe this club will be great for advertising good things about water types so that more people will like them! Good luck, Be safe and love water types.☺️
-Quagsire Girl

Years
There was a tiny communication issue that caused a delay in this club being approved, but it's been resolved with the owner Quagsire Girl, and as of today, the water type club is up and running, ready to go, the second coming of the water type club is here!

I will join, and am excited

I also have a question for you water Pokemon fans out there.

Which water starter Pokemon do you like best?

My favorite starter is probably Greninja. I think it's design is super cool, the tongue scarf gives it such attitude, and that color scheme makes me just say wow. It reminds me of one of those beautiful blue poison or dyeing dart frogs and Amazon milk frogs. I think it's rather ingenious of this Pokemon to look that way because the real frogs are poisonous, and poison is the weapon of an assassination, ao fitting for a ninja. This Pokemon's shiny is also legendary, and I am proud to have that black and pearl Greninja in my collection.

This is just a really fun Pokemon with it's awesome speed and brilliant hidden ability in protean, and essentially gets a mega evolution too with the battle bond Greninja. The anime series XY also made Ash's Greninja so exciting in action. I know that Greninja is one of those Pokemon that's polarizing, and probably as many people hate it as those who love it, but I am one of the folks who love it.

Last edited:
Years
Obviously, count me in!

I mean... should I even answer? lol

Spoiler:

Years
Wait, so is the other Water Pokemon club considered 'dead'/inactive then? 🤔
I'll join this if so.

Edit: guess I'm joining then lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'll join too!

Favorite Water starter at this point is probably Swampert. I really like its Water/Ground typing. I do still have a softspot for OG Blastoise, though. It only had one problem: new generations with new Water starters coming out. :D

Years
Count me in! Water types have recently been climbing up on my favorites list. There are just so many good ones.

Wartortle is my absolute favorite. He is just so cool and I adore him. Besides starters, others I love include the Chinchou line, Lapras, Politoed, Azumarill, Slowking, and Corsola. <3

Years
Anyone ever tried to do a water type challenge run before?

I miss my water monotype Crystal run so much... the save file corrupted. I think about it every few weeks and wonder what my final team would've been if I was able to stick with it. :(

Years

Empoleon. I'm indifferent on the mid stage, but Piplup is cute and Empoleon is badass.
Second place would go to either Blastoise, Swampert or Primarina. Primarina has grown on me a lot and is quite high up there nowadays.

Nope.
I have yet to do a type themed playthrough at all, and if I do do one, the first one I'll do is obviously gonna be Ice types =P

Years

I am doing one now in Emerald! Not a monotype, but it turns out to be because it's a character challenge and I chose Wallace (he's so good, so interesting, so cute, so strong, ok I stop simping lol). Swampert is a huge help in gen 3, but it's quite an interesting run for now. Three water type pokemon over level 20, none of them knows a water type move yet lol. Anyway, I am in the electric gym. It's gonna be fun now lol.

Years
Oh I didn't realise this was where our Water Club meets now!

I have a question to ask my fellow members:

What do you do in the older games where there are a ton of water HMs? Is your water HM Pokémon your main water mon, or do you run extra?

Years
Oh I didn't realise this was where our Water Club meets now!

I have a question to ask my fellow members:

What do you do in the older games where there are a ton of water HMs? Is your water HM Pokémon your main water mon, or do you run extra?

It tends to be the same! Water type HMs are mostly all pretty good! Surf and Waterfall, especially!

Years

I often end up putting two water HM's on my Water starter if I chose it, and any others on a HM slave. Preferably a slave that can also learn other HM's such as Strength.
If I didn't pick a water starter, I sometimes ended up with 2 HM slaves =P

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
This club doesn't seem to have much activity, but it is a club that I am definitely interested in joining. My all-time favorite Pokémon is Starmie and one of my all-time favorite starter Pokémon is Feraligatr. Beginning with Starmie, I loved Starmie ever since I saw Misty use it in the anime as her signature Pokémon. It is a Pokémon that has good stats, great coverage, good abilities, and a beautiful gemstone in the center of its body. Its shiny form is beautiful and it has helped me win many of my competitive battles. Other Pokémon that I love that are Water-type are Poliwrath because it is a very strong, underrated battler that can do many things, Ludicolo because its so festive, and Azumarill because of Huge Power, being able to do spectacular things in battle without looking the part. Kindra is definitely an all-time favorite because of its critical hit class and I can't forget Empoleon, my starter that I picked in generation IV. Lots of love for all these nautical Pokémon!

Years
This club doesn't seem to have much activity, but it is a club that I am definitely interested in joining. My all-time favorite Pokémon is Starmie and one of my all-time favorite starter Pokémon is Feraligatr. Beginning with Starmie, I loved Starmie ever since I saw Misty use it in the anime as her signature Pokémon. It is a Pokémon that has good stats, great coverage, good abilities, and a beautiful gemstone in the center of its body. Its shiny form is beautiful and it has helped me win many of my competitive battles. Other Pokémon that I love that are Water-type are Poliwrath because it is a very strong, underrated battler that can do many things, Ludicolo because its so festive, and Azumarill because of Huge Power, being able to do spectacular things in battle without looking the part. Kindra is definitely an all-time favorite because of its critical hit class and I can't forget Empoleon, my starter that I picked in generation IV. Lots of love for all these nautical Pokémon!

Yes, Starmie is a Pokémon that has grown on me over the years. I quite honestly never payed it much attention initially, but I've grown rather fond of the water/psychic type! It has a very unique design and good stats, as you mentioned! It's certainly a Pokémon that I would love to utilize in the future!! Empoleon is also a favourite of mine as well! <3

To answer the topic question for myself, Milotic is and has always been my favourite water-type. It's just so wordlessly elegant, beautiful, and refined, and it's among my top ten favourite Pokémon of all time!

Primarina and Samurott (both forms) are my second and third favourite water types respectively, I adore both of these Pokémon a tremendous amount. Other water types that I favour (that have not been aforementioned) include Gastrodon (West Sea), Vaporeon, Lapras, Quaquaval, Buizel, Lumineon, etc!

Years
*This club needs a bump... no posts in 2023 yet!*

Let's talk about our latest addition to the Water starters =3
912.png
913.png
914.png

Did you pick this line as your starter in Paldea?

How do you feel about this line?

Would you have liked the final evo to have had a different secondary typing?

Own awnsers:
Spoiler:

Years
Yes, I always choose the water type line as a tradition, but also because I always prefer their design.

Quaxly is extremely cool and the middle one is okish. I think Quacaval is not that great. Probably I prefer Meowscarada. Personally, I was expecting they went into a different direction with quaxly as a starter.

Yes, indeed. I am not a fan of the fighting type. I would have preferred water flying. But, actually, considering the tail and the general style, I would have chosen water and psychic type tbh.

Years

Yes, water is a great monotype because they can be good offensively and defensively, with few weaknesses and many powerful stab moves available to you, and several interesting dual type combinations to help you further with coverage.

I know i did one in Pokemon Red, and think i brought that team over to Stadium back in the day. It included Blastoise, Gyarados, Starmie and Cloyster as 4 of my mates. I chose Kabutops for my fossil. I also evolved my eevee into Vaporeon. Though i am not sure why i didn't use Tentacruel there, it's poison typing would have really been advantageous. I had fun though.

That's a good question. I like the Surf HM for my main water pokemon, or Waterfall if it's a physical attacker, and i am excited when i obtain them, because not only can i go places now where i couldn't before, but because they are actually good attacks that can do some real damage. I would choose them over hydro pump or aqua tail since they have no accuracy issues, and you get the flinch chance with waterfall or can hit both enemies and set off abilities of your teammate in doubles using surf. So definitely yes to these two.

Whirlpool is more of a maybe. It is weak and inaccurate, but can have some use for trapping pokemon. So while i don't normally use it on my main pokemon, i have put it to use in certain situations.

The only one i would take a pass on is dive, using it only on my HM mule to get around. Dive draws the battle out longer- taking a turn of getting ready before you can attack, an opportunity for your opponent to set up, protect or still attack you with certain moves that will do extra damage underwater. No reason to use it over Waterfall, which has the same power and doesn't make you do that.

No, i was always unwavering in my support for Team Sprigatito. I had picked water starters for the last three generations, with Froakie, Popplio and Sobble, but the grass kitty cat line upset that trend.

As a pokemon to use it's good, has a mighty attack stat to be reckoned with and a cool signature move in aqua step, that fits it's theme of a carnival dancer, and movepool overall that is really enviable, roost, sword dance, aqua jet, acrobatics, close combat, u-turn, ice spinner. Design-wise, i am still on the fence though. I like the idea of all the plumage and tail feathers being like a samba headress and costeiros, but when i see the pokemon's legs i want to start laughing because it looks kinda silly too, especially the feet.

I think water fighting is pretty cool type. I always liked Keldeo, and i think fighting is a combo that makes since for the concept od Quaquaval since dancing is a talent that requires some athleticism.

Years
Bump =3

Bit of a specific topic, but I'm curious:

Did you manage to fish up Feebas back in RSE ?

How did you go about finding it? Did you systematically search every single tile or did you get lucky and find it without searching? Did someone else help you find it?

Additionally: did you manage to max it's beauty and evolve it into Milotic?

I only did it in Emerald and not Ruby/Sapphire, but I found it by just fishing on every single tile multiple times until I eventually found one of them.
I do remember struggling to evolve it. I remember failing to evolve at least two Feebas as my PokeBlocks weren't high enough level or not pure enough. I did manage to eventually evolve one into Milotic in Emerald and I was quite proud at the time that I managed to pull it off =D

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
Heeellllooooo! :D I think I must join this club! I am a water type after all :D

Shiny hunting is already tedious enough, lol And I don't own a gba, wish I did though. I wanna hunt the regi's in sapphire!

Years
Bump =3

Bit of a specific topic, but I'm curious:

How did you go about finding it? Did you systematically search every single tile or did you get lucky and find it without searching? Did someone else help you find it?

Additionally: did you manage to max it's beauty and evolve it into Milotic?

The answe is yes! I was doing and I haven't finished yet a character challenge in Emerald where I have to play on character's team and I chose Wallace (Wallace is so cool). So I had to find a feebas and evolve it.

Yes, I did try each tile and eventually got one. It took me some time, but not too much. I found it incredibly satisfying tbh. And then I had to evolve it. I already knew that I would mess up, so I save stated before and gave the necessary things to max out the beauty. But it didn't work at first. So, I reset and tried again. It's a very long process, but I had done it! It's pretty cool actually!

Back