• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    I haven't really played Pokémon in a long while either, last time was when I last updated my monotype challenge I think. I should try and resume it soon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i was playing platinum pretty frequently, but now i'm kind of tired of it. i need to make the final push and finish it, though. i'd feel bad to have come all the way to the last gym and just stop. my team deserves those final touch ups to their movesets, too. i'll do it...for them...

Years
    I still play USUM every now and again just to try and level up my team to 100 just for the sake of bottle capping. :c It's really boring... mostly because I have to keep leaving and re-entering the same area to find Chansey to farm EXP.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    lol I've only just learned what bottle caps are and what they do, can't believe I hadn't heard of them before

User Anon 1848

Do you guys think we'll ever get a Pokemon console similar to the SNES/Playstation-minis with a collection of games already installed for it? I was thinking all the main games from gens 1-5 and the key spin off games like the mystery dungeon and TCG series.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    wait what's bottle capping

also i feel like we won't get a compilation of older pokemon games. i foresee the advanced generation seeing a switch eshop release possibly during gen 8, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm STILL after that shiny Audino, rip. (;へ:)

I'll get her eventually, but arghhhh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i was after a shiny latias in ORAS. maybe i should get back to that sometime...

Years
    wait what's bottle capping

So SM/USUM introduced an item called Bottle Caps, where, if you have a Lv. 100 Pokemon, you can max out either one or all of their IVs, depending on the kind of Bottle Cap that you have. Golden Bottle Caps max out all of a Lv. 100 Pokemon's IVs, however they're pretty rare to find while regular Bottle Caps you can usually get through fishing (if you're lucky) and they increase one IV to max.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ah.............sounds really boring but at least now i don't have to think about pokemon drinking soda when i read 'bottle capping'

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i've only ever leveled up one pokemon to level 100 and that was my feraligatr in silver. i have a level 97 furret i keep meaning to level but... lazy

User Anon 1848

Speaking of discovering old game mechanics for the first time. I just found out that you can change Rotom's form in HGSS by taking it to that building in Saffron City. I thought those forms were exclusive to Platinum in 4th gen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Speaking of discovering old game mechanics for the first time. I just found out that you can change Rotom's form in HGSS by taking it to that building in Saffron City. I thought those forms were exclusive to Platinum in 4th gen.

i'm glad they let you do that in hgss bc i didn't get the event for it in platinum so that was the only way i got to experience it that gen. rotom is a fave of mine and i would have been a bitter bitch if i didn't get to check out the fancy new forms. lol

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I like leveling to 100! Idk am I just weird? It's so satisfying to have every Pokémon in the game or however many they include :x raised and loved and trained.. I just get a lot out of that I guess???

Years
    Yeah it's fun too, but I've gotten soo lazy recently. idk why haha. Well, probably because getting to lv. 100 means I can't level any more and that makes me feel a little sad.

If we still had the Vs. Seeker, lvling would be soo much fun tbh

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    leveling is fun for me, but i get sad when there's no more growth to be had and nothing else to do, you know? so i don't like getting to level 100. i usually slow down around 70-80. not that i don't have pokemon at level 100 or even chillin in their 90's, but it still just kind of makes me sad.

and yeah, no vs seeker makes it a pain. audino grinding in bw/2 was alright but your EVs end up skewed if you're trying to raise new party members solely off those and then like. it just gets boring after a while. i found the most convenient leveling up was the restaurants in xy tbh. that's largely how i raised new teams and finished my pokedex by leveling everyone up. i have a lot of hours in x for someone that doesn't like gen VI much lmfao

Years
    I'm actually kinda irritated that rematching trainers isn't a thing in Gen 7 (and XY, too? I'm not sure since I haven't played it in a long time). Would've made my training to LV. 100 so much easier instead of just hunting for Chansey all day. @_@

also I'mma randomly chuck this thread somewhere since it's been a while sooooooooo

edit: speaking of pokemon gaming, I hope everyone likes doing Challenges!

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, what is this thread doing in my section? It brings attention!

So what was the most challenging run you ever had?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm actually kinda irritated that rematching trainers isn't a thing in Gen 7 (and XY, too? I'm not sure since I haven't played it in a long time).
    It wasn't a thing in XY either, but you were still arguably better off than in Gen 7 since you had the Battle Chateau and the Lumiose City restaurants

Back