• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Favorite Water-Type Gym Leader? Which of the gym leader's Pokemon (the one you chose in the first question) do you like best?

Shizui. Hands down. We don't know what he has yet, but I'm sure his Pokemon are fitting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Favorite water-type starter?
    I like Squirtle...but I also like Oshawott. Those are two of the starters I choose often when playing either FR/LG and B/W. If I had to choose one I'd go with Oshawott. Evolution family is just fantastic, and it's tutor move Hydro Cannon is the most powerful. :D I have it on Samurott right now and it's just amazing!

Name: ShinySearcher (The 01 shall be forgotten and left to die, k?)
    Your Partner Pokemon: Milotic and Samurott
    Why do you like Water-Types? Water is one of my favorite types. I love boats and stuff for real, so guess it only makes sense that I like Water types xD
    Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

Worst Water Type?
    I'ma go with everyone else here and say Basculin. The thing is just so.. Useless! And it's ugly, too, Magikarp at least looks cool shiny. The one use for it I can think of is EV training. Low-leveled, give three speed EVs each, and are near a PokeCenter, it's the by far the best place to EV train in BW.

EDIT: I forgot to change my name to ShinySearcher lmao.

Welcome Shiny! About time you joined & stuff! I chose Samurott and Milotic as my partner Pokemon as well :D I adore those two Pokemon, to be quite honest. <3

Yay thank you for always looking out for this club's activity, Megan!
    I love the idea. Riddles. <3
    I'll be sending a PM in soon.

You're welcome! :3 I care for this club so much so I try my best! probably my longest running club since the previous 2 i made

Sweet. Looking forward to everyone answers soon! :3

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Welcome Shiny! About time you joined & stuff! I chose Samurott and Milotic as my partner Pokemon as well :D I adore those two Pokemon, to be quite honest. <3[/s]

Thanks for the welcome :D and also -slaps self in the face- I completely forgot to edit that field. :/ Okay my real partners are shiny Buizel and Spheal. :)

Favorite water-type starter?
    Mudkip. Soooooo cuuuuuuuuute.. And the final evolution isn't that bad either, all though I find it rather ugly. Nice shiny forms too :P

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Favorite Gym Leader would definitely be Misty. Of course, she's a girl for one. Another is because she's indeed, incredible. She would have the sister-like personality and would make for an interesting friend. And Starmie is just plain awesome. Her Starmie was my favorite. Although in the Anime at the very beginning, I don't get why they made her have BOTH Staryu and Starmie. Just don't get it.

As for the favorite Water type starter. This is a simple one to answer. I've never chose Water types to start off with. But I do regret never picking the 2nd Generation Water family. (They were all good in originality in 2nd Generation) I'd have to go with Totodile's family line. Got to love the Alligator-traits. :P Totodile is just so cheerful and happy in the Anime when Ash had it. And Looks so fun to play with! Feraligatr is one of those who I just love the design for. He's perfect!

But I do agree with most and like Samurott. Except I absolutely hate Oshawott and Dewott's design with a passion.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Favorite Water-Type Gym Leader? Which of the gym leader's Pokemon (the one you chose in the first question) do you like best?
    Misty. I think that her Pokemon were strong, yet not totally unbeatable, which was refreshing. I also liked her in-game sprite in FR/LG games since it looked much more dynamic than her earlier in-game sprites. i like her Lapras and Starmie.

Years
  • Name: Loner_grunger
    Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Mia the *shiny*
    Milotic and Nick the Gyarados (Draconic pokes :3)
    Why do you like Water-Types?
    They're awesome. They're powerful, versatile and many are ultra cute :3, like Milotic, marill, mudkip, phione... and the list goes on.
    Topic Answer : Wallace, he's cool. His pokemos are powerful and beautiful too.

Admission Fee Paid:
    PokeDollar

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    welcome to the club,loner!!

Favorite water-type starter ??
    i like Mudkip and Squirtle. they both are soooo cute.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since I am currently on leave, Shellos will be potw for next week as well.

Also, was the riddle hard for you all? One person actually got it! The answer is OSHAWOTT!

Anyways, going to make a new topic! Favorite water type legendary?

Cid

Years
  • Since I am currently on leave, Shellos will be potw for next week as well.

Also, was the riddle hard for you all? One person actually got it! The answer is OSHAWOTT!
    We do miss you. :(

And I can't believe I forgot sending in my answer. D:
    Come next riddle and I'll immediately PM.

Kyogre is the king of the seas! You can't mess with a whale like that. But surprisingly, he's not at the top of my list, because I like Suicune a little more. Yeah. First ever Water-type legendary turned out to be the best there is. Only version mascot of Johto's legendary trio, too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Since I am currently on leave, Shellos will be potw for next week as well.

Wikipedia is a God. Js.
    But y u leaving? :c

As for the topic:
    Palkia. Good gob I love that thing. Huge special attack, NICE physical attack, beautiful movepool. Everything about it SCREAMS awesome. And it can control the fabric of space. How COOL is that?!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • We do miss you. :(

And I can't believe I forgot sending in my answer. D:
    Come next riddle and I'll immediately PM.

Wikipedia is a God. Js.
    But y u leaving? :c

Not leaving, just busy this week, that's all! But I do try to update as I can when I have the free time. :3 also I put OzCake and Olli in charge of this club lol

You'll get another riddle sometime soon! :3 If you haven't sent in this week you can do so the next. :D

Suicune is my favorite water-type legendary, I will agree, Peresozo. Suicune is so majestic and so pretty. Plus to me it's quite powerful than the other two legendary dogs. :3

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Favorite water type legendary?
    Suicune is cool all around, anime, trading card game and gameboy game.
    He's great, elegant and docile looking.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since I'm a bit active again than anticipated, I can go ahead and give out another riddle! It's in the first post, so check that out, and if you know the answer you can PM me! :3

Keep discussing legendaries, guys! :3

Cid

Years
  • Yay! You're active again. I think I've sent in my answer.
    People, look at the first post right now and PM Megan the answer to the riddle! ;D
    Participate. (b'')b

I want a pet Suicune.
    That would be so cool, you can run around practically any terrain and enjoy the view.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've gotten a few answers so far, and pretty good guesses! Great to see a few people participating. :3 I'll give another day for others to send in their answers, and I'll reveal tomorrow night!

A pet Suicune...

I'm 5'4, and its 6'4...wonder how that would work. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    Name: Mockingjay

Partner Pokemon: Dewgong and Horsea!

Why do you like Water-types: Well, for one, I LOVE water. I love to swim, I love to drink water, I love to watch the waves hit the beach-- Anyway, when I was younger, I used to swim with my cousins, and we'd pretend to be Water-types. I also love the way their moves look. Many Water-types are very beautiful as well. +w+

Most interesting water-type combination: I'd have to say Water and Ice. I don't know..they just seem to go together, and that makes them all the more interesting. I love the Dewgong and Walrein family.. :3

Most useful HM in battle: I'm going to go with Surf. I always thought Surf was strong..and my Swampert in Ruby/Sapphire proved that to be correct! Hooray for taking down the Elite Four with just him!

Favorite Water-type move/why: Um, I'd have to go with Water Pulse. I always liked any of the moves that end in "pulse." Not to mention it's very pretty and can confuse the target! :D

Worst Water-type: I can't STAND Panpour, Magikarp, or Tentacool/Tentacruel. =.=

Which Water-type Pokemon needs an evolution: I'd most certainly LOVE it if there was an evolution of Dewgong.. I can picture it now.. +w+

Favorite Water-Type Gym Leader/your favorite of their Pokemon: Wallace, hands down. I loved his Milotic. I was so jealous. =w=

Favorite Water-type starter: Mudkip, of course! Mudkip is just so adorable..and I looove Swampert. <3

Favorite Water-type legendary: Uh, probably.. Manaphy xD. Who doesn't love the cute prince of the sea?!

*pays entry fee of 1 Pokedolla*

Years
  • Now to answer some topics I may have missed...

Most interesting water-type combination: I'd have to say Water/Steel, it's a nice combo with tons of resistances and that's what makes Empoleon so unique.

Most useful HM in battle: Surf, it's the reason I always carry a Water-type on my team.

Favorite Water-type move/why: Razor Shell cos it's the signature move of my fave Water-type line, the Oshawott line.

Worst Water-type: Tentacool/Tentacruel cos they show up EVERYWHERE. Also Magikarp cos of those Fishermen that use 6 of them, even Marriland hates them.

Which Water-type Pokemon needs an evolution: Lapras deserves a little baby pre-evo someday.

Favorite Water-type legendary: Manaphy for its cuteness, same with Keldeo.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Name: miltankRancher
    Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Swampert and Samurott!
    Why do you like Water-Types? Used to be my most favorite type, and still one of them. I like Water-types because of its abundance!
    Topic Answer (If Applicable): See below. :)
    Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

What are the most interesting combinations in water-type Pokemon?

Water/Dragon for me. Dragons are usually associated with fire, as seen in many movie dragons today.

In the games, there are four HM moves available in all or most of the games: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive. Which one of these moves do you find powerful during battle?

Surf. Always Surf, since second generation.

Your favorite water-type move? Why is it your favorite?

Scald! The chance to burn is so epic!

Worst Water-Type?

Well, Magikarp undoubtedly for me, but for fully evolved, Wailord.

Which water-type Pokemon do you think needs an evolution?

Basculin.

Crasher Wake's Floatzel! So cool.

Favorite water-type starter?

Do I need to choose? Mudkip because it evolves to a freaking Swampert!

Favorite Water-Type Legendary?

Keldeo, and his awesome hoof.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back