• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

Sirfetch’d

Yeah fairy/fire could be really cool. I had a concept in mind for a fairy/fire galarian Volbeat/Illumise!

Years
I can't believe I forgot about Mimikyu, and that we have a ghost/fairy already. It's my favorite gen 7 pokemon.

I still want that fairy fire type too, gimme my fire fairy.

Maybe we get the fire fairy is part of series of elemental fairies celebrating earth air, fire and water. Though we already have water and air, Primarina and Togekiss are also favorite Pokemon of mine, we can still get another more fairy/water and fairy/flying pokemon, and unveil two totally new fairy combos the fire fairy and the ground fairy-- the latter beinf more like an earth angel.

Years
I can't believe I forgot about Mimikyu, and that we have a ghost/fairy already. It's my favorite gen 7 pokemon.

I still want that fairy fire type too, gimme my fire fairy.

Maybe we get the fire fairy is part of series of elemental fairies celebrating earth air, fire and water. Though we already have water and air, Primarina and Togekiss are also favorite Pokemon of mine, we can still get another more fairy/water and fairy/flying pokemon, and unveil two totally new fairy combos the fire fairy and the ground fairy-- the latter beinf more like an earth angel.

This is giving me Avatar: The Last Airbender vibes and I love it!

Sirfetch’d

When fairy Pokémon are mentioned most people think of something like Sylveon due to it being the first new Fairy revealed or Gardevoir due to its popularity. But what do you guys think about the literal Fairy Pokémon, Granbull?

Years
I love big dogs breed in real life, so I'm probably never gonna hate a big ole canine. I love Aracanine, Lucario and the legendary dogs. Might as well say yes to Granbull too, and complete the collection. He's got the Looney Tunes bull dog vibe goin' on. His muscular, tough guy look is definitely more appealing to me than Snubull. So I'll give him a hug.

What always seemed to curious to me is why he was called the fairy pokemon, but with Pokemon I know there's usually a lot more going on under the surface than may meet the eye. So I bet there's an interesting reason behind it. I have heard it said sometimes that Granbull is based on a supernatural creature from Irish folklore the Cu Sidhe, an imposing dog known as the fairy hound that makes eerie howls and carries souls to the underworld. Honestly though, I think that sounds actually more like Houndoom than Granbull. So I still wonder...

Any other theories about why Granbull has the intriguing fairy typing and name?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I've also always been curious myself why it was branded the Fairy Pokémon when it would be fitting for a Pokémon like Clefairy a bit more. I'm very happy though that it is the Fairy Pokémon and is a bit different than the traditional fairy type Pokémon in how it's a bit more menacing and less cutesy than some others.

I really like Snubbull and Granbull!!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
Coming by to congratulate my sister for winning the People's Choice Awards by popular vote this month. I didn't come straight away because I wanted to do something extra special for all of you, so I talked to Kitty. Her skillful hands have put together this work of art to bestow on The Fairy Type Club and a friend.

You have made so many beautiful designs for others Fairy that it only seemed right to give something equally magical back to you. I present The Fairy Type Club with first place in the People's Choice Award, and pin on this club of fairy light and enchantment a Rainbow Wing medal. I envisioned a rainbow wing because only the worthy can receive this feather in game, and it is known that anyone who manages to see Ho-oh's feathers will live a life full of good luck and happiness and their dreams come true. That seemed fitting in honor of a club that brings so much light into the life others, it's what you deserve! Ho-oh's feather is also in honor of Nica, the Ho-oh mod who used to work side by side with us as the Clubhouse. Behold the talents of Kitty!

Think about what store you would like your 20 dollar gift card reward to Jo! Kobo books? iTunes? Crunchy Roll? Nintendo E Shop? The sky's the limits!

Btw, the dragon lover is joining the fairy club at last. My favorite fairy types are Mimikyu, Togekiss, Florges and Primarina.

I haven't played SWSH yet, but I look forward to battling with Alcremie.

You've infiltrated the enemy's ranks nicely...🐉👑

The king is pleased...🤣

Sirfetch’d

I've been running different play through ideas in my head over the last few days and have heavily considered doing a mono fairy run either in xy or usum. Any suggestions for team members and have any of you done a mono run with this amazing type before?

Years
Never done a mono but fairy is awesome and I'm thinking about it!!

there are so many good options in xy.... florges, aromatisse or slurpuff, sylveon, comfey, togekiss, azumarill... you have so many good options for a run<3

Years
omg that is a cute idea
i don't like florges as much as floette so i'd probably have bunches of fun using different colored ones of them!

Years
I wish AZ's Floette had been released with the super high stats, unique color scheme and signature move light of ruin. XY deserved a Pokemon Z game. Maybe an XY remake will give us that special a Floette.

These are some of the dreams I would like to see come true in XY remakes. In addition to AZ's Floette being obtainable in game, make Zygarde part of the main story. Each of the the three members of the Aura trio are interesting, so let's continue to explore that dynamic of Xerneas the creator, Yyvetal the destroyer and Zygarde the preserver in the plot next time we visit Kalos. Give my favorite of the three some cut scenes too, darn it!

I would also develop Diantha's character and made her more proactive in the plot assisting you. Oras did that with Steven Stone.

AZ should have a complete team and be a final boss in one of the dungeons with really high level Pokemon since he's been alive for thousands of years like level 80s or 100.

A friend recently pointed out to me that XY broke with the tradition of releasing new eevees as a duo I.E Johto's Espeon and Umbreon then Sinnoh's Glaceon and Leafeon. Sylveon needed a brother, and if I had the power to release a pokemon Z game I would have given him one. It could have been a dragon Eevee that Sylveon was super-effective against, or a poison or steel eevee that was super-effective against Sylveon. Either way.

This is a fun minor thing, but it could be cute to have minigames about performing since the champion is an actress based on Audrey Hepburn. Either Pokestar Studios could open a branch in Kalos or there could be something brand new like a district in Lumiose with theaters you act in.

I see so many ways you could continue to do delightful things in Kalos.

Sirfetch’d

I'm very disappointed we never got AZ's Floette. It's such a shame that it was in the data of both gen 6 and 7 to only sit there and never be released.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ohhhh man do I have some catching up to do! I'll update the main post once, uhh, I remember how to do CSS lol. And thank you so much for the reward! I'm so proud and glad that y'all have kept this thread running even in my absence. You guys are the real heroes. <3333

Also ^^^^^ second the AZ Floette issue. Would have been nice to see a proper release of it with an evolution. It just screams Fairy/Poison to me and I love that.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Ohh Fairy/Ghost would have been great for a typing! Since it didn't already have a secondary typing it would have been easy to add it and it would have made total sense.

Overall kalos is very incomplete so maybe it will get revisited one day and we'll get a much deeper story regarding the Floette and get to use it!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I remember way, way back in the day I held an Art Studio event where everyone would add a small piece to create a community-made custom Fakemon. This was our Ghost/Fairy, iirc!
cMd2cDl.png

Still real proud of everyone who worked on it. (´∀`)♡

Years
I remember way, way back in the day I held an Art Studio event where everyone would add a small piece to create a community-made custom Fakemon. This was our Ghost/Fairy, iirc!
cMd2cDl.png

Still real proud of everyone who worked on it. (´∀`)♡

It's so cute!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So has everyone transferred their Fairies over to the expanded Pokedex? I was thrilled to see my darling Azumarill back. <333

Back