• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] 17+ Year Veteran Makes a Return~ Do you remember me?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
  • Hi guys! (I think this thread is allowed since it's been.. well.. waayy more than 30 days lol..)

I joined in 2004 originally.. and I was feeling nostalgic.

Earlier today I was speaking with some old friends who I met originally through this forum, and I thought to return for a while and see if there was anyone around who still remembers me (please tell me your old usernames if so! I can't deal with name changes and my old-lady memory!)

I remember a time where the dialup internet was so terrible, but the forums were bustling.. every time you'd post in the "Daily Chit Chat" and the page would refresh, you'd need to scroll back 1 or 2 whole pages and quickly read what everyone had written before you would post again (or the convo would get too messy). We had 15+ people in the thread at one time. General Chat was my favourite place in the day.

I made a bunch of friends here.. some of whom I am still in contact with, and who I have known for over a decade; many of who I have met in real life, and who I hope to meet again in the future.
    It feels quite strange.. because, in a way, it feels like we grew up together.. and in other ways, I'm much closer to some of these friends than to the ones I met in school.

So for those who knew me.. hi, what's up?

And for those who don't... Hi! Nice to meet you! And, man, do I have spicy stories to tell about Pokecommunity's past! So grab a seat, kiddos!

Years
  • welcome back!! i used to be twilight sky/musashi-kun back in the day, but im angie/angelica these days c:

man seeing you is such a blast from the past lmaoo

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi guys! (I think this thread is allowed since it's been.. well.. waayy more than 30 days lol..)

I joined in 2004 originally.. and I was feeling nostalgic.

Earlier today I was speaking with some old friends who I met originally through this forum, and I thought to return for a while and see if there was anyone around who still remembers me (please tell me your old usernames if so! I can't deal with name changes and my old-lady memory!)

I remember a time where the dialup internet was so terrible, but the forums were bustling.. every time you'd post in the "Daily Chit Chat" and the page would refresh, you'd need to scroll back 1 or 2 whole pages and quickly read what everyone had written before you would post again (or the convo would get too messy). We had 15+ people in the thread at one time. General Chat was my favourite place in the day.

I made a bunch of friends here.. some of whom I am still in contact with, and who I have known for over a decade; many of who I have met in real life, and who I hope to meet again in the future.
    It feels quite strange.. because, in a way, it feels like we grew up together.. and in other ways, I'm much closer to some of these friends than to the ones I met in school.

So for those who knew me.. hi, what's up?

And for those who don't... Hi! Nice to meet you! And, man, do I have spicy stories to tell about Pokecommunity's past! So grab a seat, kiddos!
    Kura!! Idr if you beat the crap out of me at mariokart or if that was just Went and Mr CatDog and the others, but I still remember our Londonmeetup fondly <3 (Riki here, idk what username you remember me best by but haha)

So nice to see you back c: The forums have changed quite a bit, it's not as super lively as before. It's just a different day and age. But it's much prettier than before, to make up for it ;3 much thanks to Flowerchild here 💜

Hop on the pc Discord too pls so we can chat-chat! It's the "General chat" of 2021 n__n

Years
  • Kura! I can't believe you're back again :D
    You were always one of the profiles I'd stalk whenever I'd revisit the forums <3

Years
  • Welcome back, Kura! Nice to meet you too =)
    Afraid I'm too new to this forum to remember you 😊

Also, I grabbed a seat. When does the gossip class begin? 😉

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • omg kura hi
    was actually thinking of you yesterday <3
    WAIT WHAT? Was it you that psychicly summoned me back to the forums or did someone tell you about my recent escapades? I need to know. If it's the former, please use your psychic powers for lotto numbers for me. Thanks!

:D Also.. so nice to see you still around!

hi idk if i've ever talked to u but i recognize ur username from the Ancient Days
    welcome back
    HI! Thank you! No I don't think we have, but I think I remember your old username! That being said, I have a story about someone who had the username Dakota. Check the bottom of this post for the storytime!

I don't remember interacting with you but welcome back!!!

Hopefully you stick around for a while 😊

THANKS! It seems like you post a lot in Other Chat.. which means I'm sure we'll get on just fine :P!

welcome back!! i used to be twilight sky/musashi-kun back in the day, but im angie/angelica these days c:

man seeing you is such a blast from the past lmaoo

YES. MY GOSH! The nostalgia is overwhelming! Awesome to still see you here!
    Kura!! Idr if you beat the crap out of me at mariokart or if that was just Went and Mr CatDog and the others, but I still remember our Londonmeetup fondly <3 (Riki here, idk what username you remember me best by but haha)

So nice to see you back c: The forums have changed quite a bit, it's not as super lively as before. It's just a different day and age. But it's much prettier than before, to make up for it ;3 much thanks to Flowerchild here 💜

Hop on the pc Discord too pls so we can chat-chat! It's the "General chat" of 2021 n__n

I think that was the other two because I suck at Mariokart too but I remember that and I still have the photo from that day!!! It was so fun <3 You must tell me when you're ever visiting London again (I live in the city now.. oops.. doxxed myself?)

There's a discord...? Do I dare enter it???

Kura! I can't believe you're back again :D
    You were always one of the profiles I'd stalk whenever I'd revisit the forums <3
    Woah, woah, woah, woah.. ...stalked???
    Ok so I'm.. honoured? Frightened?

Just kidding, no need to stalk. Just freaking say hi, man! What have you been up to???

Welcome back, Kura! Nice to meet you too =)
    Afraid I'm too new to this forum to remember you 😊

Also, I grabbed a seat. When does the gossip class begin? 😉

Nice to meet you too!
    Ok here's a story for you.

Once upon a time there were 2 mods here.. one named Claire (girl), and the other was named Dawson (dude) and they both lived in the UK. They met right here on these very forums. Forgive me if my memory is fuzzy for these next few bits.. There definitely may be inaccuracies because this was like 14 years ago... but this is what I remember:

They sorta ended up fancying each other and progressed their relationship to the point of getting engaged and living together! I think they were planning to even get married soon and bought the rings.
    You must think.. wow! How very nice!
    Well, then it all went downhill at one point.

You see, apparently, Claire had googled at some point "What to do if unhappy in a relationship" or something along those lines. I remember through heresay she claimed it was to help a friend but Dawson was having none of it.
    Without speaking to her about it, Dawson apparently just packed all his stuff while she was at work (or out) and just literally just left. If I recall correctly, the only thing he left behind was a ring.

She apparently tried contacting him to no avail.. and online he wouldn't respond to her. She ended up leaving the forums.. and he ended up acting like a total.. er.. *insert insulting way to describe someone here* to me, a lot others, and he rampaged the forums with rude stuff and ended up getting himself permabanned.

I think if you do a search hard enough... you can find remnants of all of this history including his banned account (unless Pokecommunity did some sort of account purge at some point..)

:) There are many more stories~~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg kura don't come in here with such boiling hot tales i'm scared

and no you probs don't dare to enter the discord, it has several witching hours per day

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    welcome back kura! i remember seeing your name around back in the day while lurking around.

nothing like old pc stories i tell ya

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    *Waves*

Welcome back. We both may have joined way back in the day but I doubt we really crossed paths until now. It's always good to see older members come back.

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hello! welcome back! 17 years is quite a while.. i'm new to the forums myself!

Back