• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: New Pokémon "Magiana" Revealed for Upcoming Movie

pkmin3033

FINALLY, something new to be excited for in the 20th Anniversary year.

Whilst I would LOVE this to be Gen VII news, given the ridiculously small number of Pokemon in Gen VI compared to past generations, I have a feeling this might herald a second half of Gen VI. Gen VI feels very much like a stopgap generation at the moment and, whilst I would love them to just move on to better things, I don't think we're quite done with it just yet.

I'm not sure if the rumours surrounding Pokemon Z are substantial or just based on previous experience, but if it DOES happen, I would almost expect it to have this second half of new Pokemon in it. It'd be very unusual if we only had one set of Kalos titles when historically we've always had two, be it a third version or sequels.

Whatever this is, I'm assuming it pertains to this year, because its the 20th Anniversary. I suppose it's possible it could relate to a new generation coming next year...if it does, that is a low, low blow. The 20th Anniversary should be a year of releases, not a year of announcements. Game Freak are not Square Enix.

Years
You know, I bet this all but confirms 7th Gen is coming. In the anime, Ash only has one badge left to get and I probably won't expect a post-league saga for Kalos either. I recall when Munchlax was first announced a full two years before 4th Gen came out, but I could see 7th Gen arriving near the end of this year or early next year if generation patterns are to go by.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
For all people that are trying to hype gen 7:
"No, not yet"

I don't know what's this new pokemon but it's just VERY early sneak for gen VII or still Gen VI.
If it's a gen VII sneak, then it will be something like bigger silhouette of it and some cheesy slogan "Watch next movie to discover more about this new pokemon!"

Years
Mega Zygarde or how it is gonna be called looked like megazord from power rangers now we got an android human new poke lol i thing the new pokemon will be called We gotta power pokemon (dbz lol) or Pokemon Legacy (zoids legacy) hahahaha ^^

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
Looks like a cross between Leavanny and Lilligant to me.

RAiUeU7.png

I expect this one to be a Bug/Grass type. Other than that, I'm sure we'll be getting extra new Pokémon for the near-inevitable Z version, and this will probably be the first of many previews.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Looks like a cross between Leavanny and Lilligant to me.

RAiUeU7.png

I expect this one to be a Bug/Grass type. Other than that, I'm sure we'll be getting extra new Pokémon for the near-inevitable Z version, and this will probably be the first of many previews.

I was thinking this exactly, haha.

I'd love for it to be Gen 6 pt.2. I've been waiting for some news on a new game so I can experience Kalos, and launching gen 7 would have made me wait for a very long time while I could've just played X/Y.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
so i tried googling 'Magiana' for fun
and apparently Zygaena Magiana is a species of butterfly?
... possible Zygarde link?

either way since the different Zygarde forms haven't been featured in a game yet i expect a Pokémon Z more than a completely new generation. and what with the 20th anniversary this year, putting it to a 'close' with a 'Z' game would be perfect no? haha

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
To me it looks like a Braixen that decided to put on a puffy dress. Personally I'm going with either Bug/Psychic or Bug/Fairy for it's typing.

Over at Nintendolife they said it was an "entirely" new Pokemon. I'm assuming that was taken directly from the scans? If so it would seem like it may not be related to Zygarde (or any existing Pokemon) if they went to the trouble of emphasizing that point.

Here's a thought....what if the whole Zygarde storyline ends up being a postgame quest (like the Rayquaza/Deoxys one) for the 7th gen games?

I think I'd much prefer this to be a second set of Pokemon for the 6th gen though.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Now this is interesting, I certainly didn't expect the next news batch to contain a new Pokemon. I'm gonna guess and say it will still be part of Generation VI. Since we got 70 Pokemon for Gen VI, it could still be possible that there are a further 50 that have yet to be revealed which will be added to the next game(s) as part of Gen VI making it sort of a part 2 phase. I just think it's a bit too early for Gen VII yet, plus there are many loose endings in Kalos that need to be attended to.

blue

gucci
Years
Well we have an image.
Spoiler:

"Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret."

It seems to have a resemblance to Klink and Diancie, I wonder if it will be connected somehow?

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Well we have an image.
Spoiler:

"Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret."

It seems to have a resemblance to Klink and Diancie, I wonder if it will be connected somehow?

I bet that it will be revealed as a steel type. It has a cog for a head.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
Well we have an image.
Spoiler:

...what on earth is that thing?! That is absolutely not what I expected...at all. First things I'm thinking of...

• Related to Diancie? look at the eyes.
  • Most likely gonna be our first Fairy/Steel.
  • Has some connections with Volcanion, probably a new mythical, and will probably have a big role in the upcoming movie.
  • And um, it's, uh...cute?
With some people making theories of Volcanion being man-made as well, this'll definitely lead up to something interesting. What an odd design, though. But I like it.

Years
Looks like a robot version of Diancie for sure...

..but I love it. Honestly it's kind of terrifying the longer you look (those huge eyes) but still adorable and I'm all for adorable. Wonder what its relation is to Volcanion here and whether this is a Pokémon from the seventh generation or just an addition to Z? Feeling it's the latter.

blue

gucci
Years
Initially I thought it would be Steel/Fairy, but then that's just too similar to Diancie in terms of typing and design. I'm thinking Steel/Psychic.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
First thought when seeing this Pokemon: Orianna from League of Legends.

Spoiler:

Second thought: what is it's name? ... Magiana? ... Interesting. that is definitely not coincidence right?

I have a feeling it's gonna be a form-changer judging by that odd dial on it's chest. There's two different colors, yet the dial is sitting at a "neutral" mode which is what we're currently seeing Magiana in. Maybe when the dial is set to either color, it changes forms. Double interesting that the colors coincide with Volcanion's typing/color scheme.

This whole heat and water theme with gears gives me a steampunk vibe.

Back