• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: New Pokémon "Magiana" Revealed for Upcoming Movie

blue

gucci
Years
  • Interested to see the stats of Magiana, I'd expect it to have a high Defense stat. If it is anything like Lucario or Zoroark then it will probably have a BST of 510-530.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    There is the possibility of this being a Gen 6 pokemon. While we never received new Pokemon in any generation before. Whether Megas count as new Pokemon or form change can be debated. I lean towards form change but they are also an evolution meaning it would also be a new species of pokemon albeit temporarily.
    We still don't know if we are getting XZ/YZ/Z or Pokemon NeXt Gen, Gen 7.
    All I know is I believe this pokemon to be in the next game that is released. Hopefully 2017.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I wonder why it haven't be seen before...

Like Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa had th code cracked. What about this one?

... I really think it's gonna be in another game. Maybe Z ?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I wonder why it haven't be seen before...

Like Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa had th code cracked. What about this one?

... I really think it's gonna be in another game. Maybe Z ?
    If it was in the game they would have found it. It's just not there.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'm also on the "Hey that looks exactly like a metallic Diancie" team, but in fact I like this one more! I can't unsee the the resemblance of Magiana's name and the word 'magic', going by that I'd say steel/psychic type. (I mean, the steel part is pretty obvious and Delphox shows that magic = psychic.)

Volcanion was sixth gen, right? Since Volcanion and Magiana appear to have a history together, it seems very probable to me this one will also be part of Gen VI in the future. And that's great news, because that means they're not done with the sixth generation yet and I really want to see Pokémon Z happen!

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I want to know where the Couriway Town leads to via train. I want to learn about the GS ball and if it has a connection to Magiana.

I believe Magiana was made to try and tame pokemon.

Even though I know they wanted us to forget about the GS ball.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My first thought was 'Diancie has been traded holding a Metal Coat'. This new Pokemon has to be related to Diancie in some way.

I'm guessing its typing will be Steel/Fairy and will be a Pokémon exclusive to Z cartridges.

One more thing similar to Diancie it is very cute.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • It is curious though that there's no data for Magiana in XY/ORAS, which is how people found out about Hoopa and Volcanion in advance.

I thought the same thing too, but it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary if they just added the data into Z. I mean, none of the data for the OR/AS Megas was in X/Y, so there's nothing stopping them from just putting it into the newer game without it necessarily needing to be in the older ones. Though that would leave us in the same position with Z as we're in with OR/AS and X/Y, where battling and trading is a pain because both games don't share the same set of data :/

Years
  • Inb4 gf pulls a mega evolution on us and introduce triple typings oh god steel psychic fairy plz no too op
    Mega-evolutions are magic, OK. Never believe it's not so.

It is curious though that there's no data for Magiana in XY/ORAS, which is how people found out about Hoopa and Volcanion in advance.
    I mean, I guess that this isn't that kind of Pokémon, introduced into the game and then saved for special occasions, unless someone missed something there. It's not meant as a repetition per se, more as an unveiling of something new.

Admittedly you might question how exciting its design is, when compared to the Pokémon designs that it's being placed next to. They could possibly get away with introducing new Pokémon into a 'Z' if it was released this year, but as it's a spin-off and those are generally meant to adapt to being slightly obscure, we'll see if they want to make particularly extensive or hyped-up changes to that. It might make more impact to release these things in a new gen, if they have more planned.

With all those Poké Ball motifs, one wonders if she came from the Poké Ball factory.
    Perhaps she's a trap to lure Volcanion. The twist is that they dance at a ball, and then she evolves him into a Voltorb, perhaps to fight off Team Rocket and Diancie. It could be called 'primal Volcanion,' it would be a great gimmick.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I thought the same thing too, but it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary if they just added the data into Z. I mean, none of the data for the OR/AS Megas was in X/Y, so there's nothing stopping them from just putting it into the newer game without it necessarily needing to be in the older ones. Though that would leave us in the same position with Z as we're in with OR/AS and X/Y, where battling and trading is a pain because both games don't share the same set of data :/

Oh that's true! I forgot about how the ORAS Megas were incompatible with XY - that just convinces me more that it's going to be part of Z Version. I do agree that it is annoying in regards to battling and trading, though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've stumbled upon a supposed leak on /vp/ regarding Magiana. It is apparently part of the second half of Kalos Pokémon for Z, and it's the last Pokémon on the dex. Here's the leak, but it's written in Japanese:

Spoiler:

I would provide the source, but I'm unsure if PC has a strict policy of linking sources from 4chan.

Years
  • Oh that's true! I forgot about how the ORAS Megas were incompatible with XY - that just convinces me more that it's going to be part of Z Version. I do agree that it is annoying in regards to battling and trading, though.

I've stumbled upon a supposed leak on /vp/ regarding Magiana. It is apparently part of the second half of Kalos Pokémon for Z, and it's the last Pokémon on the dex. Here's the leak, but it's written in Japanese:

Spoiler:

I would provide the source, but I'm unsure if PC has a strict policy of linking sources from 4chan.

So this says Pokemon Z is not Generation 6, but rather Generation 6.5? We've never had new Pokemon introduced as part of a generation midway through said generation, because all previous generations had all their new Pokemon known as of the start of said generation but man Game Freak have been throwing quite the unexpected at us lately.

Unfortunately these new Pokemon coming to the next main game means it'll likely be heavily incompatible with XY and ORAS in terms of trading and battling.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    Unfortunately these new Pokemon coming to the next main game means it'll likely be heavily incompatible with XY and ORAS in terms of trading and battling.

ORAS was 6.5 with its Incompatible Mega Stones, and GF not wishing to patch them in. If Z is incompatible with XY we should call it what it is Gen 7, even if GF calls it gen 6 we know the truth (Especially when Pokemon is all about trading). If this is not 100% compatible with ORAS e.g. if "Kalos" rules need to be used it's gen 7.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • ORAS was 6.5 with its Incompatible Mega Stones, and GF not wishing to patch them in. If Z is incompatible with XY we should call it what it is Gen 7, even if GF calls it gen 6 we know the truth (Especially when Pokemon is all about trading). If this is not 100% compatible with ORAS e.g. if "Kalos" rules need to be used it's gen 7.

But if it's Gen 7, then the new Zygarde forms would be rendered pointless. It would still be Gen 6 if the next main game focuses largely on Zygarde and not a new set of legendaries. Remember that since Gen 4, Game Freak has been making pattern-broken twists on their third versions (Gen 4 - legendary forms, Gen 5 - direct sequels, Gen 6 - second set of new Pokemon?).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There's also a list with the English names and type combinations for the new pokemon with magiana being the final entry. I'd be sceptical about it though, after all it was leaked by 4chan..

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I need to see the english names then I can tell for real or not.

I've got you covered on that: http://pastebin.com/wP3bJqxE

There's also a list with the English names and type combinations for the new pokemon with magiana being the final entry. I'd be sceptical about it though, after all it was leaked by 4chan..
    I've already mentioned it in one of my previous posts and shown it to several of my online friends at Skype. One of them was skeptical about the leak, so you're not alone.

Back