• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: New Pokémon "Magiana" Revealed for Upcoming Movie

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If it's man-made, it kinda looks like someone wanted to make some uber Diancie, and came up with that thing. It's kinda cute in a weird way, though.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • If it's man-made, it kinda looks like someone wanted to make some uber Diancie, and came up with that thing. It's kinda cute in a weird way, though.
    Spoiler:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I love its design and its obviously going to be part steal but its its gotta have another typing not sure what that might be though. Anyways i think this really either confirms gen 7 is coming and that it could be a new game or this could be an addition in pokemon z which would have probably a larger pokedex? Atleast i hope? haha

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'm thinking it might be Steel/Fairy. Related to Klinklang? I think so.

It's kinda cute!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I like the design. It's probably Steel/Fairy, but Steel/Psychic might also be a good option, imo.

I also find it quite funny how people list other reveals like Lucario, but at the same time forget that we had Ho-Oh in episode 1 of the anime and more importantly Togepi which was introduced during Kanto and was a rather consistent member of Ash's companions for quite some time.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I also find it quite funny how people list other reveals like Lucario, but at the same time forget that we had Ho-Oh in episode 1 of the anime
    I just think back on those times as the franchise not knowing what the heck they stumbled into.

Like you walk out your door and your entire front lawn became a gold mine. You kinda just go, "Uh, um. Uh. Well. I guess I can do... uh, this? And, uh. This?"

Or in the franchise's point of view:
    A: "Uh, so we'll throw this Pokemon in here, okay?"
    B: "Why? What is it?"
    A: "I dunno. It's cool? Maybe?"
    B: "'Kay, see what happens? Right?"
    A: "Yeah."
    B: "Hmm. Okay."

Two years later...
    A: "Remember that bird thing we had in Episode 1?"
    B: "What bird thing? ...Oh, uh, that bird thing. Yeah."
    A: "Let's make it an actual thing?"
    B: "'Kay."

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Seeing has Kalos did have a smaller pokemon dex than the rest of the series, there is a very good chance that this could be a Gen 6 sequel with new Pokemon members in the dex, especially with it's connection to Volcanion.

Years
  • Wow, I wasn't expecting this at all, revealing a real new Pokemon.
    This Magiana looks cool. When I first spotted it, its lower half reminded of a Poke Ball and then come to find out it's man-made Pokemon which made sense.
    Also, the middle portion also resembles a Poke Ball.
    Because of being man-made, most likely it will be a Steel type. As for a second type, I would like it to have one but it would be fine it was just mono-type.

I'm more of the side that this Pokemon doesn't signify that the next Pokemon games will based on Generation 7. Generation 6 still needs to be expanded in my view especially with the different forms of Zygarde revealed a couple months back. However, Magiana could be either a Generation 6 or 7 Pokemon. I rather have it be a Generation 7 Pokemon just give us something to look forward to.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't understand why they're hiding Magiana's typing when it obviously looks like a Steel type? I'm already seeing some people speculating it being a "machine" type.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • OH MY GOD MAGIANA IS BAE <3

I'm totally on the Steel/Fairy bandwagon and I really think it has connections with both Diancie and Volcanion. The Klink Family may probably be related but hnng

MAGIANA <333

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I don't like the eyelashes or the gear head. That said, I don't like a lot of mythic pokemon at first, they tend to grow on me, like Diancie did, so I'll probably like it eventually.

My guess is steel/fairy, they can't seem to get enough of fairy types lately.

Also I just realized its lower body is a pokeball of some kind. Neat.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm pretty positive that this isn't an introduction to Gen VII. We still haven't even had Z version (lbr, it's gonna happen) officially revealed yet, and it's related to Volcanion which is a Gen VI legendary. I feel like it's going to be a little bit like Keldeo which iirc was introduced after BW came out, and was part of BW2. They seem to be on trend the past couple Gens to introduce new legendaries (and/or formes) mid-Gen, so I think this is the case. It is curious though that there's no data for Magiana in XY/ORAS, which is how people found out about Hoopa and Volcanion in advance.

I like her a lot already though, I think that might be because Diancie has grown on me quite a bit recently and she reminds me of her. Plus, all of those Poké Ball motifs on her are adorable as hell.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel like having a Robo, Machine or Tech typing would be pretty cool. In today's world so many technological advancements are being made I think it would make sense if scientists in the Pokemon world were building robots and artificial intelligences.

"Steel" doesn't conceptually cover that area very well in my opinion. (Particularly when you consider the Porygon family would probably have it's typing changed to Normal/Tech or Normal/Machine)

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I dislike the design from my initial impressions. The dress part just looks so bulky and I find it to be an overly cartoony cute robot. Just way too much for me. That gear head also doesn't mesh well with those long ears. It reminds me of an inferior version of XJ-9 from My Life as a Teenage Robot.

As for whether or not it's from Gen VII, I can't really say. It looks far too much like a Diancie rip-off to not have a relation to that, especially since it's being shown so soon after Diancie's official reveal. My guess is that it is a mechanical remake of Diancie from another region and that they may have a Mew/Mewtwo thing going on.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Now that I come to think of it... It kind of reminds me of Klinklang, I mean with the gears and all.

Will this be a Klang alt-evo?

Back