• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: New Pokémon "Magiana" Revealed for Upcoming Movie

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • That looks like a Steel/Fairy to me. It's kind of cute? A little strange. Reminds me a bit of Diance, so probably a connection. Also a connection to Volcanion, so it's probably gonna be in the new movie. This could be a preview of gen VII , though I with the Zygarde's forms not in any game yet, there is probably isn't going to be a new generation for a while. I still want a Pokemon Z myself. However , it's has also almost been three years since gen VI started, so it's about that time a new generation to begin. I hope for an expansion to X and Y. Kalos seemed short and the lack of new Pokemon was so upsetting. I want to find more Pokemon in Kalos and explore new areas. I want new Megas and expanded features and expanded customization.

pkmin3033

OH MY GOD THAT THING IS ADORABLE I LOVE IT.

I love the whole clockwork motif it's got going, like a cross between Diancie and Klink or something. I wonder if it has any relation? I guess it could be a refined Diancie of sorts, since Diancie is made of minerals.

Either way, I'd hope this is a Gen VII Pokemon, rather than a Gen VI one.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I think the people saying it is Gen 6 are the people salty that XY may not get follow up games but instead skip right to a new gen. Doubt they would add a new Gen 6 Pokemon this late in the game. However I do expect parts of Gen 6 to carry on over to Gen 7 and I think this pokemon being related to Diancie (maybe) is a good way. Like Regigigas to the Regis. I had a feeling from the start Z was anime only since if Z did come out in mid to late 2016 the anime would have nothing new to use. Really I am fine with this and would rather just move on than have Z anyway. As for the small number of Kalos mons we have to remember Megas played a huge part this gen and are just as complicated as making new pokemon. Did Gen 6 have a low amount of "new" pokemon ? Yes but tbh I see nothing wrong with that.

Years
  • I actually like the design of it. Kinda resembles Diancie when you look at it. As for Magiana's type I have a feeling that design definitely screams Steel/Fairy, so yay Mawile and Klefki have more company. Now I shall await the bombardment of fanart...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Magiana looks awesome. I want one! {D:}

It kind of looks like a legendary.....although maybe it's the Lucario/Zoroark of gen 7?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm thinking Steel/Psychic because of the "all seeing eye" on it's forehead.

Watch it be a new robot/technology type.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Man, I was calling this for a while. The lull in news usually means a heavy project is in development. You see if across different publishers and developers all the time (at least for publishers that are doing well for themselves).

I didn't, however, expect said heavy project to be akin to a new generation. That's pretty surprising. I don't think it'll be like tacking on more names to Gen. VI, but there's a first time for everything.

Last edited:

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    7bsENyn.jpg

Please update OP to include image

serebii said:
    First image of Magiana. Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret.
    The movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Mechanical Magiana

Lets Speculate: Is this going to be Gen 7 or Gen 6.75? First manmade pokemon? Pfft. Arceus please, Golett and Golurk are the first man made pokemon.

Magiana is said to be chased by Volcanion so we could call the two a Duo. A poketuber theorized that Volcanion is man made as well. Now more vids on poketube about Volcanion.
    In a video a person was talking about how Volcanion is possibly the one who created the steam in Shinnoh. Kalos Route 13 there are a few buildings you cannot get to.

So with this we can say Pokemon Temporal Diamond & Spatial Pearl.
    Magiana is probably a Gen 7 Pokemon a lieu Ho-oh, Togepi, Lucario, Munchlax, Victini, Zoroark.
    As for typing I don't have any theories. It has a gear on its head like a Klang.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Omg it's adorable.

But yea, I don't think this confirms gen 7 is coming soon, nor does it confirm an additional gen 6 game or games. The article implies that it's related to Volcanion (3. ボルケニオンの関係は? "Is it related to Volcanion?"), so my best guess is it'll get released along with Volcanion, but even that's just speculation. The relation to Volcanion could be an anime/movie only kind of thing and might not correspond to anything in the games at all.

But I certainly don't follow the reasoning that it's "too late in the game" for it to be a 6th gen Poke. I mean, this is only 2 months after Volcanion's announcement, which we already know for certain is a 6th gen Pokemon :P

Oh and did I mention it's adorable. Because it's adorable, I want a Magiana plushie like, nao.

pkmin3033

It kind of looks like a legendary.....although maybe it's the Lucario/Zoroark of gen 7?
    It's not furry enough to be the Lucario/Zoroark of Gen VII.

A plush would be lovely...as soon as one crops up, I'm importing it. Unless it's outrageously expensive, anyway.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • For those saying that Magiana is going to be a Gen 7 Pokémon and that Gen 7 is coming soon this year, that would only make the Zygarde forms pointless, since you know darn well that means Zygarde will not be the main focus of the Gen 7, only the newest set of legendaries. Plus, Game Freak has always revealed new gen Pokémon a few years before their gen's actual debut; remember Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Weavile, and Lucario's appearance in Gen 3?

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I thought Treeco was the OP.
    Buddy Fight.
    Magiana is very cute
    Klefki and Mawile sorry you're not the first Steel/Fairy.

I wonder what its BST will be 530~ 580, 600 or 680.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • All we can do at this point is speculate, since there's no mention of where it fits in the games in terms of generation. But I'm looking forward to seeing what the relationship it has with Volcanion is in the movie. Right now I can't even imagine how the two would be related story-wise o.o

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Movie plot details - "As Ash and his friends continue their journey, Volcanion drops down from the sky in front of them. Volcanion's object is to recover Magiana, who has been abducted by the "Azoth Kingdom", a city of super-machinery. However, Volcanion and Ash have become linked together by a strange (?????). Will the two of them manage to work together and save Magiana?"

I wonder if that Strange Souvenir has anything to do with this?
    Spoiler:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I probably think it'll be an early-bird 7th Gen cameo, sorta like a few other new generation Pokemon that appeared in the anime before their game debut.
    That's a good call.

See: Marill, Ledyba, Donphan, etc. prior to the official unveiling of Gold/Silver. Lucario prior to Diamond/Pearl... to name a few. Back then, there was still around a year's gap between cameo/reveal and the launch of a new core series title. The shortest passage of time was probably Zorua, which was revealed about eight months prior to the launch of Black and White in Japan and even before HGSS was available outside Asia.

Speculation, of course, but if you want to go by trends, you can say this leaves Game Freak at least a couple more months for any reveal for a potential sister game to XY (we're all waiting), and another 6-8 months (or more) before any potential Gen. VII reveal. Conversely, it could be much sooner as a bulk official announcement for Magiana and the 19th movie.

All we can do at this point is speculate, since there's no mention of where it fits in the games in terms of generation. But I'm looking forward to seeing what the relationship it has with Volcanion is in the movie. Right now I can't even imagine how the two would be related story-wise o.o
    They both give off strong steampunk vibes.

Edit: side note - I'm already seeing a lot of inappropriate jokes revolving around this new Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    If Magiana is indeed a Gen VI Pokémon, then I'm actually impressed that Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion were found, but not that little rabbit fairy thing.
    Now, suppose that it's a Gen VII Pokémon, that would mean the next pair will be either this year at the earliest or 2018 at the latest. Munchlax was revealed in 2004, 2 years before DP's Japanese release, whereas Zorua was revealed around 7 months before BW's Japanese release.

On the other hand, how badly do you have to mess up to forget to add one more Pokémon before completing the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's not furry enough to be the Lucario/Zoroark of Gen VII.

A plush would be lovely...as soon as one crops up, I'm importing it. Unless it's outrageously expensive, anyway.

I didn't know furriness was a requirement for the role.

At least Magiana has that "marketable cutie" thing going on.

Back