• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Reasons to Consider Watching the Pokémon Sun and Moon Anime

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The Sun and Moon anime is fast approaching! There are many mixed reactions to it, but in this piece, you may find some positives to think about! You can view some reasons why the season may be worth watching below!

Check it out!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Does anyone think any of the three starters will actually say their names, or will it just be noises?

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Does anyone think any of the three starters will actually say their names, or will it just be noises?

I highly prefer Pokemon to just make noises, like in Generations.

It's more natural, plus it's faster and cheaper from a production standpoint because you don't need to have a new "noise" for each localization.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You've made a mistake on the article, Samson Oak does appear in the poster (he's at the right side next to Kukui).

I highly prefer Pokemon to just make noises, like in Generations.

It's more natural, plus it's faster and cheaper from a production standpoint because you don't need to have a new "noise" for each localization.

It makes it strange that in Smash they give Bowser, King Dedede, and the DK characters realistic animal noises to be more authentic yet kept the Pokémon's anime voices.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
You've made a mistake on the article, Samson Oak does appear in the poster (he's at the right side next to Kukui).

It makes it strange that in Smash they give Bowser, King Dedede, and the DK characters realistic animal noises to be more authentic yet kept the Pokémon's anime voices.

Fixed that, forgot he was on the poster. I've been working on this awhile so I missed it with all the edits.

Sir Codin

Well it doesn't contain Serena, so if any of you still contain 2050.98% your daily dosage of sodium after that kiss that no other girl gave the poor dumb little bastard, then I guess that's a reason to watch.

Years
I guess reading the article will make me want to watch Sun & Moon a bit more. The only things I can't stand are Ash's new design being a turn-off and the possibility the school theme will be badly executed.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I guess reading the article will make me want to watch Sun & Moon a bit more. The only things I can't stand are Ash's new design being a turn-off and the possibility the school theme will be badly executed.

The second is one I hope they do well with. They have a smaller cast then a school setting, which should technically benefit them. We'll see soon enough.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I may watch just out of pure curiosity, but really I'm hoping for some reunions with past characters more than anything.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
You should watch it because the animation is better than anything we've ever seen. Check how his hair moves! Top notch stuff, the best we've seen from the anime so far.

Spoiler:

Also because it looks like Ash will have fun and Lillie is waay cuter than Serena, just saying #illtakeyouallon

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I already knew I'd be watching it no matter what.
This kind of style isn't really my thing, but it will at the very least be interesting. :) I mostly look forward to just seeing the S/M characters and Pokemon, rather then Ash. He's not the only thing I watch it for, far from it really.

Back