• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro news expected June 21st, character customisation confirmed

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • Well, this is huge. Especially considering we haven't had much news lately compared to the previous generation, this is definitely a breath of fresh air. What are you expecting out of this upcoming announcement? Also, what are your thoughts about character customisation returning?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm glad to see character customization returning once again :smile: And I hope they'll reveal more nice things of Sword and Shield in June 21st.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Eh, some of this stuff to me is just extra; I mainly am interested in the list of obtainable (returning) Pokemon for the two versions, to see if my favorites are in and if they are version-exclusive or not. A somewhat harder game would be a plus for me, though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I knew Character Customization would return!

30 days left until more concrete news, that feels like forever in the gaming world. I hope it goes by quickly!

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • YES I LOVE CUSTOMIZATION! Probably why I enjoyed X and Y so much.
    Okay I really need to ask for a Nintendo Switch this Christmas!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Somehow I had thought this was already apparent..? Might have been mistaken. If so, good! I like customisation. More options please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Kinda had the feeling character customization would come back. Hoping that the shirt being included in the game will mean more options and maybe a DLC as well. Can't wait for the news on June 21st!

Years
  • Glad to see Customization is returning! I'd really needed to report this on Bulbagarden as well, but i haven't informed them yet though. XY series was the birth place for the customization place!

I'm sure they'll annouce new Pokemon, new Eeveelution and possibly new cross-generational from Kalos region!!!!!!

On the other hand, this announcement has been long way since the announcement came out in February, but glad to see that they are making more Pokemon fans happier as expected.

(sorry for my poor English)

Years
  • I personally feel like unlike what a lot of people feel, I don't entirely feel 100% confident that SwSh is somehow going to dominate Nintendo's floor or anything. While it's possible it might have a pretty sizeable timeslot, I do wonder whether or not it'd be better off for Game Freak/TPCi to have their own little Nintendo Treehouse showcase thing post-E3. At least this way, Nintendo is still able to showcase the games by giving it some attention, but not without compromising on showcasing their other first-party titles as well as indie titles which is something they've been pretty gung-ho on pushing.

As for the actual news, good on Game Freak for keeping character customization, although one would think they'd be crazy to omit the highly beloved feature altogether.

Last edited:
    Back