• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Bug discovered in Surprise Trade that can crash your game

Years
  • It's been reported that a malicious Pokémon has been going around on Surprise Trade that could lead to the game crashing if you attempted to use the Y-COM's online features.

Please be careful, y'all!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Surprise Trade should be avoided anyway if this is true:
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGlobalNews/photos/a.171951819663503/1332596246932382/]Pokémon Global News[/url] said:
    Apparently Pokémon Sword and Shield players are being Bannes from Online Service due to the Hack Pokémon that are being sent via Suprise Trade

The Hack Pokémon are those are not in the game yet for example the Alola Starter, Bulbasaur & Squirtle

If you recieve one, do not use any online feature

If you haven't receive one, avoid Surprise Trade

https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1227348202007007232?s=19

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • This kind of reminds me of the time a supposed bug was discovered that supposedly deleted all your save data, (that's what's been keeping me from playing Sword by the way, but I'm pretty sure it's just fear mongering). Can't wait for this one to be fear mongered as well (sarcasm).

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'll probably avoid doing any Surprise Trades from now on. I've never really got any worthwile trades before in this game.

Years
  • i wonder when we're going to get some sort of update or an ETA of a patch or something. i know, i know, it's Game Freak and all, but still. i'd like to surprise trade a lot of the breedjects that i have and i can't do that anymore because im afraid of precisely this. ._.

Back