• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Get hyped - a Pokémon Presents is airing tomorrow

Get hyped – a Pokémon Presents is airing tomorrow

Get hyped – a Pokémon Presents is airing tomorrow

The presentation will last for 20 minutes.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Times and details in the article!

...Also some random 90s song got covered by Post Malone and loosely associated with Pokemon, I guess.

Years
  • keeping my expectations tempered, if even a bit low. most people want dppt remakes but who knows what they're really going to announce? :c

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Hopefully it will be Sinnoh Remakes, but something like a new Mystery Dungeon game would be pretty good too. Hopefully there won't be a riot if we don't get Sinnoh, or if we get Let's Go instead.

pkmin3033

Keep your expectations low and your minds open, people.

I find all the fury surrounding the idea of Let's Go Sinnoh to be hilarious, so I kinda hope we end up with those if only because the fallout will be amazing.

Years
  • Keep your expectations low and your minds open, people.

I find all the fury surrounding the idea of Let's Go Sinnoh to be hilarious, so I kinda hope we end up with those if only because the fallout will be amazing.

it'd be an interesting troll move by Game Freak for sure. xD

pkmin3033

it'd be an interesting troll move by Game Freak for sure. xD
    That's just it, though - it wouldn't be a troll move at all. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

I'd rather have Let's Go Sinnoh than DPPt remakes done in the style of SnS because SnS were disgracefully poor quality titles. The production value of the Let's Go titles was just so much better in every aspect - there were actual battle backgrounds, the visuals were more appealing, the textures for the models were nicer, Pokemon were to scale, the game performed better, etc. The only problem with Let's Go was that the motion controls were very poorly implemented both in how they were mandatory and how they were generally used, and I don't see why Game Freak can't learn from their mistake and have two control schemes - one purely traditional, and one for motion controls. This is what any normal developer would do, and as Game Freak moved into Nintendo's offices, there is every possibility they could have had help with this.

So having the Sinnoh remakes in the style of Let's Go, rather than in the shoddy, corner-cut, unbearably poor quality "style" that was adopted for SnS sounds much more appealing to me. Provided that accessibility is taken into account. Given that in the vast majority of cases the second Pokemon game on any given platform is leaps and bounds ahead of the first...

Years
  • Sorry, but I can't get hyped about this. I like Gen IV games, but I really don't see a reason to make their remake. If I recall correctly, Gen IV games have the most features, one of the best post-game and nice balance when it comes to difficulty. I don't think it's worthy to throw away these things just to get a 3D version of Sinnoh with more (and even that would be arguable) Pokémon.

But who knows? Maybe GF will surprise everyone and will show us something amazing.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Wow, I cannot wait for a Pokémon and FF14 crossover.
    But anyways, I've said this before but porting DPPt on the Switch eShop sounds much more hype over an actual remake due to SwSh leaving me disappointed. Fwiw, it would also be hilarious to see a Let's Go Sinnoh games and I don't think I would complain about the Let's Go games if the price were cheaper.

It would be hype if they also announced some merchandise due to it being the 25th anniversary but we will see.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Expresses interest out of curiosity. Expects to care little about the content.

Predicts Diamond/Pearl remakes or downloadable content for Sword/Shield. Played the former before. Probably requires (in-game) difficulty options to bear consideration. Doubts anything exciting coming from the latter (despite thoroughly enjoying Dynamax Adventures). Introduced nothing interesting for challenge runs previously.

Edit: Hm. Never thought about Let's Go style games. Question: Who do you put on the cover? Let's Go, Riolu and Let's Go, Shinx?

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • It BETTER be D/P Remakes

If it's Let's Go Sinnoh... I QUIT THE WHOLE GOD DAMN FRANCHISE

Those are DUMPSTER FIRES that need to be all burned in a LARGE FIRE

It would be career suicide for it to be a god damn Let's Go game and you all know this

I guess they have firmly stuck their heads inside their asses

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm excited.

I would be pretty excited if the rumours of DP remake is going to happen, but I'm hesitant to be fully /majorly/ excited.

I hope it's not a Let's go game, but then again, let's go wasn't /too/ bad from my own experience.

Years
  • I've pretty much made up my mind that if it's another shitter, I am done with the franchise until they turn it around. There are plenty of good games coming out this year and I really don't need a new Pokemon game to play. As mentioned already, if it is Let's Go Sinnoh, I won't even conisder buying that hand holdy bullshit.

Also, release a fucking master collection already you dumb fucks.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • What if they release Let's Go, (...) 2? It's a continuation of the first games, still with the same 2 pokémon but another region (might be johto or sinnoh)

I'm expecting remakes, but i've been pretty disappointed lately xD

Hopefully it will be Sinnoh Remakes, but something like a new Mystery Dungeon game would be pretty good too. Hopefully there won't be a riot if we don't get Sinnoh, or if we get Let's Go instead.

YES, PLEASE! ;-;
    The last one was not so bad despite being a remake! I want a new entry ><

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Of COURSE in my timezone this happens way too late at night. I'm also really busy right now of course.

Thankfully, all that time was spent studying, and I have gained the ability to see into the future, thanks to my research! And I forsee... that this direct won't reveal gen4 remakes... sorry guys...

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • While my pipedream of having D/P remakes revealed alongside Garchomp in Smash has fallen flat (damn you Xenoblade! :( ), I still do think we'll get something interesting. If it is more Lets Go games them I'm all for it, because I know people enjoy them and I had a pleasant experience with what I played (I didn't finish it, not sure why).

I am heavily worried about D/P remakes purely because Sw/Sh left such a sour taste in my mouth that I'm highly sceptical if they can actually pull off a full heart attempt at making them. I'll remain optimistic however and I'll be happy to try whatever GF decides to go with!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Yeah, I did say I gained the ability to forsee the future, and I saw the direct in advance... sorry guys... we ain't got no gen4 remakes...

Here we are, 2 minutes to the direct. I seriously did not expect to stay up this late.

Here goes nothing...

1 minute to go, Imake a final bet we get a Z version before gen4 remakes...

And so basically... yeah. Well, feel free to rage at my comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back