• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5 years of The PokéCommunity

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    HAPPEH BDAY PC!!!
    I was thinking of buying a present - but I forgot... Hey - its the thought that counts! Rite?

Since PC is 5 yrs. old - happy first day of kindergarten O_o

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    PC is ageless. Like Satoshi.
    And that's just the way I like it! Happy B-Day PokéCommunity!

Years
    Jake, where'd you find that? I remember it was in the old PC archives, but I thought they were gone?

Five years is a long time. I've only been here for three, and man, just about everything has changed since I joined. Forums got moved around or deleted, PC's been up and down, there's been contests and elections, staff members have come and gone, been promoted, all that jazz... the only thing that even sounds constant is the s-mod color, haha.

Anyway, if you guys are curious about what PC's looked like over the years, click this! You'll see a lot has changed. ;x

Okay, enough babble.
    Happy Birthday!

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Yay, happy birthday... not that it can enjoy it since it's an inanimate objects. But still, thanks for the great times!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    In fact...

Happy Birthday To Us All!!!

In the end, a community is made by members, so it's like if it is our own birthday, so happy birthday to us!

And hope many many more years are to come!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I was hoping for this to happen ON PC's 5 year mark, but I guess a few days late can't be helped. It is kind of funny. I mean if you're an old old PC member you'll know how PC has had probs and always went down (you newer members have got it good). So in a way it's like a birthday gift... in a strange messed up way. XD

Here's a little fun fact for all of you new members out there. PC (this one) only has 2 Staff members that's still on the Staff that was on the Staff on the old PC (not counting Steve and Kwesi). Them two fine people would be Erica (Lightning), and Andy (Arcanine, aka me XD). We have been a Staff member for over 4 years. How's that for time?

PC has been here for 5 years. Everyone needs to step back and think about how long PC has been around. When PC was started Ruby and Sapphire wasn't out (not even in Japan), since then we've gotten Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl. The GameCube was less then 1 year old. And more then a few PC members has went from high school to college. PC has been around for a long time.
    And there has been times where PC has had some very very hard times. Community Sites leaving, PC restarting, PC being down for a month (this was back in March of 2003, PC was down for over a month), lots and lots of server and DB probs, and other hard times. But in the end, PC has lasted the test of time, and is one of the oldest and largest Pokemon forums around.
    For a lot of us older members, it means something for PC to have lasted this long. I've met so many of my closest friends on here. I've grown close to the forum and what it's become. I've seen the forum go from 1,000 members on the old PC to over 34,000, and to over 3,000,000 posts. Many of us older members have seen this forum grow and become what it is today. So it does mean something for us to see that PC has lasted for 5 long years.

Lash

Years
    I should probably feel bad towards myself for not being here a big amount of time; To see the rise and fall of possibly the greatest Forum site out there; The PkmnCommunity.

A place to go for some time; Even with server issues; This is still a really fun place to be. This is also the month of my anniversary of being here, though I wasn't active till April or so; wth. I am still happy to be here at this great place; With wonderful staff and awesome members.

If I must say, like anyone else;

Happy 5th Birthday PkmnCommunity!

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Wow! Happy Birthday PC! This is really the best forum I've ever been to! And I am glad that I joined! =D

Melody

Banned
    Years
    HAPPY 5TH BOIFDAY PC!!!!
    Heh. Yeah as Hiroshi put it, PC has been through some very turbulent times but If this community has lasted 5 whole years there's no stopping it now. ^_^
    Heh I remember the T-dome. Heh. Great place until the noobs got a hold of it. If it were ever to come back i'd suggest it be for people over the age of 16. But that's just my stance and I know that the administration here wont ever bring that back. I really dont blame them. The T-dome got pretty nasty. XP. But not all of my memories of PC's past are bad. I joined in late '04 and I do remember the good 'ol days of FTiP too. Heh. Those were some awesome days. Lots of fun. I even remember when FG got modded in art. and before that her election as Vice Prez. Ya know, Maybe we should bring back the elections. Those were pretty awesome if you ask me. Heh. PC has been a pretty awesome place. I remember the member known controversies of '05 all too vividly. (I wish I didnt)
    Heh. But I dont remember much of '06 though because I never could visit PC.
    Yeah, PC has done a lot of growing. It's still the same old happy place too. I hope PC stays forever.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
    2005 is probably a time some members don't want to recall. It was a controversial year that some of us would like to forget, and it saw some activity dips and rises. And then came elections again. Some time after, we dumped them. The release of Pokémon Emerald saw a moderate amount of chat. [Un-QUOTE]

That year was the April Fools incident aka Todoroki right? I wouldn't mind forgetting that... :P

Happy birthday little PC. Let's all hope it keeps going good or something like that.

Last edited:

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
    OMG! Its been 5 years? =O
    Darn, looks like I am a bit late, so here's a n00by birthday wish to PC!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POKECOMMUNITY!

Ah, its been good to be with PC, though I haven't been here for long...I hope I can stay longer here! ^_^

Back